IGNORED

Rosenior, very harsh on our club

Ska Junkie

i was sent this today and it doesn't portray our club well. Personally, I think it says more about Rosenior but political correctness is on his side. Nothing to do with the fact he has no experience, just his skin tone?

http://www.devonlive.com/former-torquay-manager-leroy-rosenior-claims-being-black-cost-him-bristol-city-job/story-30192065-detail/story.html

This sort of claim makes me sick! 

Like it or not, the vast majority of white people have been superb in embarrassing racial equality. 

Do black people themselves not realise how much damage this can do and how much it undermines the huge steps that have been made over the last 20 odd years..?! 

Leroy, you didn't get the job because you are a tosser. A black tosser, or a white tosser, makes no difference to the fact that you are a tosser..!! 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

This sort of claim makes me sick! 

Like it or not, the vast majority of white people have been superb in embarrassing racial equality. 

Do black people themselves not realise how much damage this can do and how much it undermines the huge steps that have been made over the last 20 odd years..?! 

Leroy, you didn't get the job because you are a tosser. A black tosser, or a white tosser, makes no difference to the fact that you are a tosser..!! 

the it's cos ize black excuse does wear a little thin doesn't it.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Should the black man keep quiet so as not to upset the white people?

Should the majority be kept quiet to appease the minority Dave? Not a racist comment as my OP was about how our club is portrayed in this article but it's a moot question to be fair/

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Should the majority be kept quiet to appease the minority Dave? Not a racist comment as my OP was about how our club is portrayed in this article but it's a moot question to be fair/

He thinks he was hard done by based on his skin colour.  Nobody can dispute that other than the decision makers at the time.  I assume he truly believes it so I don't see what's wrong with him voicing it.  

For him then to get abuse for it is astounding really 

He thinks he was hard done by based on his skin colour.  Nobody can dispute that other than the decision makers at the time.  I assume he truly believes it so I don't see what's wrong with him voicing it.  

For him then to get abuse for it is astounding really 

He was put in caretaker charge of this club, by the same people who then decided to appoint someone else. 

People cant just throw the race card around when they don't get their own way! 

How do you know he didn't get the job because he is black?  You don't.  

He was put in caretaker charge of the club!! Hardly the actions of a board who don't want a black man involved in charge of the club, is it...?! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

He was put in caretaker charge of the club!! Hardly the actions of a board who don't want a black man involved in charge of the club, is it...?! 

He wasn't in sole charge and they then chose the white man for the permanent sole position.  Exclamation marks don't make you right. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

How do you know he didn't get the job because he is black?  You don't.  

Please, list me the long line of other professional clubs that have deemed him a suitable candidate for the position of club manager..?Or are pretty much every club just run by racists..? 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He wasn't in sole charge and they then chose the white man for the permanent sole position.  Exclamation marks don't make you right. 

I'm really not sure if you are taking the piss & im being whooshed, or you are just talking complete shite..?

I'm really not sure if you are taking the piss & im being whooshed, or you are just talking complete shite..?

By all means correct me if I'm wrong but I remember him being a joint manager and then Burnside getting job permanently.  If that is wrong then I apologise and my memory is obviously ****** 

Completely irrelevant.  You are judging a situation you know nothing about. 

It's not irrelevant, is it?!

If he's so suitable for the choice of manager, then why hasn't he held the position at a variety of other clubs over the last, what, 20 years it..? 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

By all means correct me if I'm wrong but I remember him being a joint manager and then Burnside getting job permanently.  If that is wrong then I apologise and my memory is obviously ****** 

If the club didn't want someone as manager of the club based on the colour of their skin, how would he have been appointed as joint caretaker manager by the very same people...?

It's not irrelevant, is it?!

If he's so suitable for the choice of manager, then why hasn't he held the position at a variety of other clubs over the last, what, 20 years it..? 

Other chairmans views on him is completely irrevelant in the conversation of whether he wasn't given the job because he was black and Burnside was white.  I'm assuming better candidates have got jobs over him.  

He thinks that he was better than Burnside and that he didn't get the job cos of his skin colour.  You don't know if that is true and neither do I.  He speaks up because he feels it is correct to do so and then gets abuse.  Is that fair?

Other chairmans views on him is completely irrevelant in the conversation of whether he wasn't given the job because he was black and Burnside was white.  I'm assuming better candidates have got jobs over him.  

He thinks that he was better than Burnside and that he didn't get the job cos of his skin colour.  You don't know if that is true and neither do I.  He speaks up because he feels it is correct to do so and then gets abuse.  Is that fair?

It's called the race card. It's funny how he's kept that little gem all to himself, until he releases his autobiography. IF it is a genuine claim of racial discrimination, I'm sure it would have come to the surface well before now. 

The fact that no one else/very few other clubs have given him the managers position at their club, is probably the same reason that we didn't. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You assume he's lying and I assume he's not. Let's end it there. 

I don't even assume he's "lying" 

I just think he's talking shite and trying to surround his autobiography with a bit of publicity. 

I don't even assume he's "lying" 

I just think he's talking shite and trying to surround his autobiography with a bit of publicity. 

You've described lying there.  Hard work this.  Don't know why people are trying to think up reasons why he is lying. 

Racism still goes on in all circles, including football.  

Good luck to the guy.  Well done for speaking up Leroy.  

Point is though RedDave, why wait til now to say? Oh, he's got a book coming out... 

He didn't get the job. I don't know why. But I don't believe it's 'cos of the colour of his skin. I believe that lacklustre wannabe managers play this card because it's their only way back into the game. 

I've heard Paul Ince say it I believe? He was shite. Nothing to do with colour. If you're good, you're hired. 

This card gets played so often, in all different walks of life. I've experienced it, and people are scared of saying or doing anything because it MIGHT be deemed racist, which is absolute nonsense. 

Remember when we choose the white guy over Andy Cole? And Akinbiyi? And countless other black guys? No nor me.

Can't believe we turned down the chance to sign Tammy cos of his skin colour either. 

I can think of many many black players we have signed over the years, in my time of supporting the club, no matter of race, religion, nationality we have always made every effort to make every player and staff members feel welcome and a part of this club.

Albert Adomah is a perfect example of that, worshipped by the club and it's fans.

Just to defend Leroy here this is a one paragraph mention in his autobiography.  The Torquay newspaper has taken this paragraph and turned it into a big story.

He's not going around shouting about this or giving interviews to milk it.

Is he correct? Well he probably thinks so, so can say it, I was convinced that I was discriminated against in a job because I was an internal candidate and the company had a record of not appointing internal candidates.  I still think so but maybe I just wasn't good enough. It's the sort of thing we'll never know.

Do I think he was? Probably not. The club has made several baffling managerial appointments over the years, all down IMHO to internal politics. Whoever was in the vote Rosenoir camp that time got outvoted.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

It was actually Tony Fawthrop who got the job permanently and then, a few months later, was relieved of it for being allegedly involved in something dodgy.

I agree with you RedDave. I remember the three caretaker managers being paraded around the pitch when they took up their duties and I felt proud of City that we had bucked the trend and given a share of a managerial post to a black man. Unfortunately, this appeared to be a cosmetic gesture as Leroy was elbowed out and the job given to one of the white members of the trio, who was soon after relieved of his duties for being unsuitable!

It is all very well others saying Leroy hasn't had other clubs jumping over themselves to appoint him since and using that as justification for City not appointing him when the trio he was a part of were successful at caretaker level, but neither has the white member of the trio that they did appoint been a league manager since, despite being white which is statistically in his favour in terms of acquiring a job at management level in football in this country. It is a fact that black men are very much under represented at management level in league football compared with how many black players there are. 

Archived