IGNORED

Engvall for free

bristolcitysweden

We are supposed to pay all of Engvalls sallary during the loan period while they pay a minor fee. Well they can pay for themselves. The club is bankrolled by Stefan Persson the main owner of H&M. A man with a fortune that makes Steve Lansdown look like a bag man. So why are we feeding them? Why don't we charge them 75 per cent of Engvalls sallary and send quite a few of our youth teams out to international tournaments this summer. Just a thought.

57 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We've been paying Steve Cotterill about £5k a week to do nothing for the past year, i'm sure we can manage to pay Engvall probably 2/3rds of that - better to pay him to play in Sweden than pay him to sit at home in Bristol

We've also been paying LJ double that for doing nothing for about the same amount of time!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

This , I imagine, is a humorous line but for all his faults I won't accept that LJ  hasn't been doing his utmost for the club .

Yes remember when he just sat on his arse and let that Tammy kid go to another club?  Lazy bastard.:whistle:

• Admin
13 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We are supposed to pay all of Engvalls sallary during the loan period while they pay a minor fee. Well they can pay for themselves. The club is bankrolled by Stefan Persson the main owner of H&M. A man with a fortune that makes Steve Lansdown look like a bag man. So why are we feeding them? Why don't we charge them 75 per cent of Engvalls sallary and send quite a few of our youth teams out to international tournaments this summer. Just a thought.

Engvall was recalled from his loan before it started ???

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Tch, that's no excuse to skip Otib... how long does it take to hitch up a caravan and shift it?.. for gawds sake.

Caravan? I'm not a G*shead, ffs!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

If he has I missed it too

Most drawn out transfer saga of all time!

18 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Perhaps this is the only way we could get Gustav Engvall the playing time he wants so, to do the right thing by the player, the club have copped the bill?

I appreciate that doesn't tally in with the whole 'Bristol City have treated Gustav Engvall appallingly' line fans keep trotting out, though.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I will be surprised if a loan deal is not agreed on Friday (31st of March) at the latest. Talks are ongoing.

But we should have a fair compensation not looking total nuts as always.  

If he isn't playing for us and we are paying him; then I'd imagine that our bargaining power is limited. 

Refusing the loan of a young player with international ambitions because we demand a fee/large percentage of their wage to met isn't going to encourage other young players to the club.

On 27/03/2017 at 20:45, petehinton said:

We've been paying Steve Cotterill about £5k a week to do nothing for the past year, i'm sure we can manage to pay Engvall probably 2/3rds of that - better to pay him to play in Sweden than pay him to sit at home in Bristol

Steve Cotterill won the JPT and league double with us I definitely wouldn't class that as nothing :facepalm:

Archived