IGNORED

Massive attack & city - video dug up from the vaults...

SouthStand Sandwich

Ahh... reminiscing over this first ever vid from massive attack in 1987 with 3D waking up on the terraces of the east end of the gate... @ 1:56  3D ... big city fan - mentioned city in the credits of blue lines album....what a tune - never released as a single just a demo vid. (Video shows some good sights in Bristol too...)

Teardrop is a quality tune but there is no way this current regime will play that due to the prawn sandwich brigade. Massive Attack is an integral part of Bristol culture, but so are Portishead for that matter. The ground lacks atmosphere big time currently.

Mystery Song by Status Quo would get my vote. The lyrics are about a young guy who falls in love with a prossie. It is just I fell in love with BCFC instead, just listen to the lyrics. The ground would be rockin so long as they turned the music up! 

Oh yeh, the prawn sandwich brigade - F#ckin no chance!! RIP Rick Parfitt. Played the guitar using 3 chords usually!

I'm sure I heard unfinished sympathy played pre game last season. Massive are one of my favourite artists and would be great to have them recognised but not sure they really fit in with the mood and trying to get a crowd up for a match. Would love to hear a bit of safe from harm or paradise circus blasted though personally!

13 minutes ago, LC_ said:

I'm sure I heard unfinished sympathy played pre game last season. Massive are one of my favourite artists and would be great to have them recognised but not sure they really fit in with the mood and trying to get a crowd up for a match. Would love to hear a bit of safe from harm or paradise circus blasted though personally!

You don't realise you have something special in life until you lose it! Music is so important!

I think an instrumental of 'Unfinished Sympathy' should be the music we walk out to. Not to take away from Shara Nelson's vocals at all- they're amazing. However, I think it's always instrumentals that are the best, to be honest. The minimalism of it adds to its intensity and it would be much better than the current theme, which just seems pretty humdrum to be honest

On 28/03/2017 at 21:17, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Perfect pre-game builder. Try it out @Tim S

A band that are part of our city's history and culture, cringes me out hearing the butlins anthems on repeat before we play. If there's space for the Wurzels there's space for Massive attack. 

I'm behind this. We must contact the club.

On 28/03/2017 at 19:17, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Ahh... reminiscing over this first ever vid from massive attack in 1987 with 3D waking up on the terraces of the east end of the gate... @ 1:56  3D ... big city fan - mentioned city in the credits of blue lines album....what a tune - never released as a single just a demo vid. (Video shows some good sights in Bristol too...)

Great post, thanks for sharing!

On 28/03/2017 at 21:17, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Perfect pre-game builder. Try it out @Tim S

A band that are part of our city's history and culture, cringes me out hearing the butlins anthems on repeat before we play. If there's space for the Wurzels there's space for Massive attack. 

Elizabeth Fraser, great voice, classy song

21 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

I'm behind this. We must contact the club.

I've given up trying to get them to acknowledge MA more.. its the mood of the songs that doesn't help apparently..

Archived