IGNORED

new £1 coins...

WhistleHappy

Impressed with design of the new £1 coin which were launched into circulation yesterday, like them a lot.

Official launch of these new 2017 coins 28-March-2017 ... Royal mint produced coins in preparation for the 2017 launch with a 2016 date stamp on them.

Are these 2016dated coins worth more than face value, as they predate the year of release??

(hope so, cos I got a number of the first new coins in unopened (£20)coin bags, from the first batch Bristol's Broadmead NatWest received and opened for me Tuesday afternoon ... and they're dated 2016)

Actually they don't appear particularly rare as quite a few of them are for sale on eBay, just wondering if sellers are just chancers or if they really might be worth a little more than face value.. 

3 hours ago, Akira said:

People selling them on ebay already? Crazy. 

I was so stunned to read this - I had to have a look - and some are up around £20 in bids!!! 

If I list a Tenner on Ebay - will someone bid me £100 (in fact if you PM me you can have it for £50 as a fellow City Fans)!!

So Sturgeon formally requests a second vote on Scottish independence (this evening breaking news)...

I'm in two minds now, don't want to see the UK break up, and I quite like the Union Flag.... but business is business and the new £1coins released this week feature the Rose, Leek, Shamrock and the Scottish Thistle... so if the Scots F'-Off pretty sharpish chances are my stash of newly released £1 coins will become more collectable as the quid will have to be redesigned minus the Thistle ... :fingerscrossed: ... :laugh: ...

They appear to have been a sound (as a pound) investment so far, reckon they must be worth at least a quid each at the moment.

Come on you Scot's ...hurry up and **** Off!!!  :englandsmile4wf: 

On 4/1/2017 at 16:26, Taxi for Johnson said:

Why have the new coins got a Scottish thistle on the back?

**** the Scots - they can mint their own ****** coins.

:angry:

tfj

Scots relationship with the UK is actually akin to the UK's relationship with Europe, always wanting special treatment etc.

Despite England/Scotland part of the same union that is the UK, why are a load of things different in Scotland?

I'll start off with 2 examples, Free NHS Prescriptions in Scotland, we in England have to pay. Free tuition fees to foreigners from Europe if they chose a Scottish uni, if in England, they have to pay.

10 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Despite England/Scotland part of the same union that is the UK, why are a load of things different in Scotland?

Because they have to try and make it attractive for anyone to go and live there. I mean nobody in their right mind would go because of the football. 

On 15/04/2017 at 02:22, CrazyInWeston said:

Scots relationship with the UK is actually akin to the UK's relationship with Europe, always wanting special treatment etc.

I'll start off with 2 examples, Free NHS Prescriptions in Scotland, we in England have to pay. Free tuition fees to foreigners from Europe if they chose a Scottish uni, if in England, they have to pay.

Do you know where Nicola Sturgeon can put her Scottish £1 coins?

Anyone care to guess??

Yes: she can stick them up her ******* ****.

Sorry to talk like this on Easter Sunday, but really - that woman!!

:disapointed2se:

tfj

Just a heads up for anyone banking their takings from a business, don't mix old and new £1 coins in the same bags, the banks don't like it as they weigh differently. Apparently people are causing long queues as they have to be sorted.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Just a heads up for anyone banking their takings from a business, don't mix old and new £1 coins in the same bags, the banks don't like it as they weigh differently. Apparently people are causing long queues as they have to be sorted.

**** the system, mix them up, create anarchy. :shifty:

Archived