IGNORED

A&S Police advice for traveling to the Birmingham game

phantom

21 hours ago, Super said:

The season finishes on the same weekend every time doesn't it? Already announced next season finishes on 6th May.

but the game against Birmingham wasn't known about Super until well after the run was organised, it also finished on Saturday 7th May last year, Sun 3rd may in 2015,

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but the game against Birmingham wasn't known about Super until well after the run was organised, it also finished on Saturday 7th May last year, Sun 3rd may in 2015,

Well hopefully next year they won't have the run on the weekend of the 6th may

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not completely correct @Monkeh as next seasons fixtures are already being worked on now

Each club AND the local police can request for certain fixtures to be home or away and give this input a long time before the actual fixtures are released

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:56, Pezo said:

Why do brummies love Weston so much?

There's an area of Weston called the Bourneville, this was because Cadburys planned to build a factory in Weston and several people from Birmingham moved to Weston to work in the factory. Cadburys then cancelled plans to build the factory.

Just checked and there is also engineering work being carried out on the railway line between Bristol Parkway and Temple Meads that weekend so it will be shut.

That means that anybody coming from Birmingham or all points North of Bristol by train will have to use the dreaded "Rail replacement buses" which will also add to the traffic using the limited routes into town that day. 

Basically anyone attending the match from everywhere except from the South,  will have to come down the M32 and through town or go via the M5 to JCN19 and along the Gordano Road because the the Bristol 10K road closures! 

Carnage!

On 31/03/2017 at 19:30, Milton Red said:

There's an area of Weston called the Bourneville, this was because Cadburys planned to build a factory in Weston and several people from Birmingham moved to Weston to work in the factory. Cadburys then cancelled plans to build the factory.

Never knew that's why it was called that

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 08:09, Super said:

Point I'm making is that is out of our hands (I do agree with you) Could have put the run back or forward a week.

or could have had a 3pm K.O.

I know all games are starting at midday but why?

3 hours ago, fanjita said:

or could have had a 3pm K.O.

I know all games are starting at midday but why?

Because live football isn't allowed on tv in this country from 3pm-5pm on a Saturday. Sky have the rights and they want to show live games from the Championship on the last day, every game must kick off at the same time.

TV companies control football in England, and has done for years.

On 30/03/2017 at 06:51, Super said:

Why on earth was the run arranged for that sunday? Senseless.

Because someone is a ******* idiot. 

I thought the police had the power to make changes due to safety concerns etc. Well, they do normally. 

Seems safety isn't an issue if Sky don't want it to be. 

Birmingham turning up with so much at stake and a 10k run going on with gridlock in the area... have a word with yourselves A&S. 

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Because someone is a ******* idiot. 

I thought the police had the power to make changes due to safety concerns etc. Well, they do normally. 

Seems safety isn't an issue if Sky don't want it to be. 

Birmingham turning up with so much at stake and a 10k run going on with gridlock in the area... have a word with yourselves A&S. 

They tried. We at the SC&T tried. We contacted the mayor directly. The council refused to budge. It's them at fault here, not the plod. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

They tried. We at the SC&T tried. We contacted the mayor directly. The council refused to budge. It's them at fault here, not the plod. 

So A&S don't have the power to move a game on safety grounds? 

My apologies. 

So the council, who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery on most aspects, are ignorant in their other obligations too.

Would be interested to know which member of the council will be taking responsibility for anything that does go wrong.  

Someone mention parking problems and it will be postponed in a jiffy. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

So A&S don't have the power to move a game on safety grounds? 

My apologies. 

So the council, who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery on most aspects, are ignorant in their other obligations too.

Would be interested to know which member of the council will be taking responsibility for anything that does go wrong.  

Someone mention parking problems and it will be postponed in a jiffy. 

Exactly what i said this run could easily have been moved. Ridiculous decision.

Archived