IGNORED

A&S Police advice for traveling to the Birmingham game

phantom

On 29 March 2017 at 22:54, ziderheadarmy said:

They love brean even more. I went once it was packed with Birmingham, Villa, WBA & Wolves shirts on fat 50 year old blokes. 

I can vouch for that too.We went to Brean once for the day and there's this pub that backs onto the beach between the other houses.We were sat in the garden and it was full of Brummies everywhere.

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

They tried. We at the SC&T tried. We contacted the mayor directly. The council refused to budge. It's them at fault here, not the plod. 

So what about all the other times we have had games moved/bubbles etc all because the police have enforced it

Im fairly sure sky don't pay A&S so how come they can't move this game? 

I'm not having a pop, I'm just curious to know what power the police really have over football clubs and do football clubs use the 'police' card only when it suits (Cardiff away for example)

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Rob k said:

So what about all the other times we have had games moved/bubbles etc all because the police have enforced it

Im fairly sure sky don't pay A&S so how come they can't move this game? 

I'm not having a pop, I'm just curious to know what power the police really have over football clubs and do football clubs use the 'police' card only when it suits (Cardiff away for example)

The police ultimately must have the say on the matter, will go much higher than a local council. Guess the assumption is it can be controlled 

1 hour ago, FramptonRed said:

I can vouch for that too.We went to Brean once for the day and there's this pub that backs onto the beach between the other houses.We were sat in the garden and it was full of Brummies everywhere.

Is it because it's easy to spell?

On 31/03/2017 at 09:09, Turbored said:

A total cluster **** ... and theres some saying we gonna sell out . I have been undecided due to KO Time but now with this is the final straw.

May not completely sell-out, but likely to be another 20k+ crowd with the Upper Lansdown possibly open.  

Birmingham sold all 2508 of their tickets very early and home ticket sales appear to be going quite well.  I appreciate the online ticket thing can only be used as a guide but this shows less than 700 left for the Birmingham game, yet for the Barnsley match 2 weeks earlier there are over 1400 tickets left.

Just now, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

May not completely sell-out, but likely to be another 20k+ crowd with the Upper Lansdown possibly open.  

Birmingham sold all 2508 of their tickets very early and home ticket sales appear to be going quite well.  I appreciate the online ticket thing can only be used as a guide but this shows less than 700 left for the Birmingham game, yet for the Barnsley match 2 weeks earlier there are over 1400 tickets left.

It`s cheap tickets for Brum though isn`t it? Ten or fifteen quid?

13 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

I live on a park home at Burnham. Sole City supporter on here, nearly all WBA, Wolves, Brum and Coventry, although also have a token Walsall supporter and 2 gasheads.:gasmask:

On 3/30/2017 at 13:26, phantom said:

Basically anyone coming from the North of the stadium is screwed !!

For once I'm glad I am coming by train

Capture.PNG

Pathetic using roads for a race on a busy Sunday people do work why not use the downs across the suspension bridge into Ashton court affecting fewer roads 

16 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Sand Point and Toghill are the hotspots

16 hours ago, RumRed said:

I just use the interior vanity light to flirt, never go full beam, that's just desperate. :ph34r:

Sounds like you two are the voices of experience... filth. :P

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

I live on a park home at Burnham. Sole City supporter on here, nearly all WBA, Wolves, Brum and Coventry, although also have a token Walsall supporter and 2 gasheads.:gasmask:

It's always amazed me why anyone would would choose to live on a site in Brean, Burnham etc when you can go down the road to beautiful Devon & Cornwall, what's your reasoning OSR, is it just a case of being nearer to our wonderful City of Bristol?

I walked up Brean Down last week, and, as ever, lots of Brummie accents around.

Having known Brean since very early childhood I can see why they keep coming back. All the basic attractions of the seaside but quiet - on and near the Down anyway - slow paced, unpretentious, uncrowded, and seemingly changes very little over the years.

A good pub, and plenty of traditional seaside attractions for the kids along the road if you want them.

The Brummies seemed perfectly happy, apparently content to enjoy their holiday doing very little, and looked thoroughly relaxed and in good spirits in the process.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

It's always amazed me why anyone would would choose to live on a site in Brean, Burnham etc when you can go down the road to beautiful Devon & Cornwall, what's your reasoning OSR, is it just a case of being nearer to our wonderful City of Bristol?

£200 a month plus gas and electric and 40 minutes from my seat in W17 . Pensioners Paradise. As for wonderful City, born and brought up there, just got back from M Shed  area £17.50 for 2 hot chocs 2 coffees, arty farty sausage roll and piece of quiche. Outrageous. :protest:

5 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

£200 a month plus gas and electric and 40 minutes from my seat in W17 . Pensioners Paradise. As for wonderful City, born and brought up there, just got back from M Shed  area £17.50 for 2 hot chocs 2 coffees, arty farty sausage roll and piece of quiche. Outrageous. :protest:

Plus Gas & electric?  fair enough for the electric ....  I'd have thought you'd get a discount for putting up with the Gas though not have to pay for the privilege .... apart from that it sounds idyllic. 

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Plus Gas & electric?  fair enough for the electric ....  I'd have thought you'd get a discount for putting up with the Gas though not have to pay for the privilege .... apart from that it sounds idyllic. 

What he means is that he has to pay for the electric fence around his property to keep the marauders out.

18 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

It is.... only 2 gasheads on site and whilst we are still in the Championship, all is well, however, should we fail in our mission this season it is 2 against 1 next year. It is an over 50's site so the worst that can happen is zimmers at dawn.:reaper:

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Bit harsh ? I'm sure your a pillar of your local community !!

He's right though, I had a couple of days working down there last week and staying over, a truly depressing place now, it was like stepping back in time

1 hour ago, harrys said:

He's right though, I had a couple of days working down there last week and staying over, a truly depressing place now, it was like stepping back in time

Well my kids love it! I live in nailsea and often jump on the train to take kids there if weathers nice etc. 

Spent thousands on holidays abroad , butlins, cornwall and Devon Etc but on a nice hot day beech etc at Weston just as nice and my kids always remind me it's only just up road. 

Just now, Spoons said:

Well my kids love it! I live in nailsea and often jump on the train to take kids there if weathers nice etc. 

Spent thousands on holidays abroad , butlins, cornwall and Devon Etc but on a nice hot day beech etc at Weston just as nice and my kids always remind me it's only just up road. 

Is the tea hut on the pier still there with

"Cream Teas Rock"

written on the roof?

Last time I was there was for a stag do whilst watching us lose to Hull in the play offs.

It was the only thing that cheered us up, we were a bit mashed though...

Just now, RumRed said:

Is the tea hut on the pier still there with

"Cream Teas Rock"

written on the roof?

Last time I was there was for a stag do whilst watching us lose to Hull in the play offs.

It was the only thing that cheered us up, we were a bit mashed though...

Not sure , I'm only 33 but kids 6 and 4 so suits them. 

As a kid growing up used to go to grab a granny or two in cenuritas? I think ? Or the club where you paid £10 entry and that was all your drinks! 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Presume you don't have access to a DeLorean then Harry?

We always take ours when we go to and from WSM, we had loads of fun there next summer, we went again the summer after that too cos it was brill.  Last time we ended up watching a beauty contest and Diana Dors came third, I reckon she should take up acting, she'd be great.

Weston Super Mare ... check it out in one of these... delorean1-xcar.jpg

(PS .. don't spook the donkeys though)

35 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not sure , I'm only 33 but kids 6 and 4 so suits them. 

As a kid growing up used to go to grab a granny or two in cenuritas? I think ? Or the club where you paid £10 entry and that was all your drinks! 

Sounds like the Towns Talk in the 70's

Archived