IGNORED

A&S Police advice for traveling to the Birmingham game

phantom

It'll be busy that's for sure, I will be running the 10k (link to sponsor me below!) then running straight to AG hopefully in time for kick off (on the pitch, that is) Will be sorely in need of a pie and pint an awl by the time I get there! I'll be the one wearing fluorescent running tights and smelling rank 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/teambristolsands10k

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It'll be busy that's for sure, I will be running the 10k (link to sponsor me below!) then running straight to AG hopefully in time for kick off (on the pitch, that is) Will be sorely in need of a pie and pint an awl by the time I get there! I'll be the one wearing fluorescent running tights and smelling rank 

Six miles??....piece of piss.

31 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Good on you!!

good luck and enjoy!

bars will be open as normal at the ground and I am sure a celebratory pint of *apple juice* will go down well!

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

So you are wearing your unwashed Erasure outfit then.

On 19 April 2017 at 11:04, JulieH said:

I am not sure I have any influence but I do have a contact with transport police who can raise the question.

i will e mail him tomorrow and request the question is asked! 

Update my transport police contact has e mailed the rail company and requesting trains between 9 and 1130 stop at parson st, and that on the way back they stop there between 2pm and 3 pm

awaiting a reply .

we have asked the question!!

On 3/29/2017 at 21:56, Pezo said:

Why do brummies love Weston so much?

Coming from Burnham on Sea (which they also love), I have never understood the reason for this.  I couldn't wait to leave.  We even used to have a season in the year called Brummie fortnight when it was impossible to buy bread, sausages and bacon because they'd swam in like locusts and take the lot.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Update my transport police contact has e mailed the rail company and requesting trains between 9 and 1130 stop at parson st, and that on the way back they stop there between 2pm and 3 pm

awaiting a reply .

we have asked the question!!

Thank you @JulieH

1 hour ago, fishy said:

Coming from Burnham on Sea (which they also love), I have never understood the reason for this.  I couldn't wait to leave.  We even used to have a season in the year called Brummie fortnight when it was impossible to buy bread, sausages and bacon because they'd swam in like locusts and take the lot.

Surely the Brummies swamping Burnham and WsM is no different to half of Bristol decamping to Devon/Cornwall in the summer?

59 minutes ago, pillred said:

It's basically the first seaside resort that they come to, we are lucky we live so close and take it all for granted.

I don't know if we take it for granted or just don't like it because it's full of brummies.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Surely the Brummies swamping Burnham and WsM is no different to half of Bristol decamping to Devon/Cornwall in the summer?

Weymouth actually!

Had a long weekend in Cornwall recently and it was wall to wall Laandaners everywhere and all the people working in the bars and restaurants were Slovakian or Polish ............the only West Country accent I heard was when the missis put Broadchurch on the telly in the hotel room!

6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Weymouth actually!

Had a long weekend in Cornwall recently and it was wall to wall Laandaners everywhere and all the people working in the bars and restaurants were Slovakian or Polish ............the only West Country accent I heard was when the missis put Broadchurch on the telly in the hotel room!

Cockernees definitely and you get an awful lot of Yorkshire down here too for some reason.

Archived