IGNORED

Stunned....absolutely stunned

tinman85

So our 'leader' has pretty much said today that a central midfielder Jens Hegeler will likely play centre back if Bailey Wright is not deemed fit enough after internationals. 

What a joke when you consider the class Mags has and his glory this week. I despair. 

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

So our 'leader' has pretty much said today that a central midfielder Jena Hegeler will likely play centre back if Bailey Wright is not deemed fit enough after internationals. 

What a joke when you consider the class Mags has and his glory this week. I despair. 

The bloke just can't resist a ******* change can he!?!

Since both Bailey and Hordur have been away all week, Jens has been slotting into defence for all the tactical work. That makes sense to me otherwise why have a whole week to prepare - except he intends to bring Bailey back in if he can! Doh!

Effectively he is saying Bailey can pick up the tactics with no prep but Hordur can't. Make what you will of that.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hegeler has played CB before when in Germany so if Wright is unavailable Hegeler would be an obvious choice.  Hodur is essentially left sided, relatively young and inexperienced.

Seems a sensible option to me.

This is completly irrelevant. Wright has been playing LCB, so Magnusson would slot straight in.

4 hours ago, tinman85 said:

So our 'leader' has pretty much said today that a central midfielder Jens Hegeler will likely play centre back if Bailey Wright is not deemed fit enough after internationals. 

Mrs LJ has the hots for Mags I reckon. Can't blame the girl. The guy's a dreamboat. :wub:

If you're "stunned, absolutely stunned", by the possibility that a football manager may pick one player instead of another, in case a third player is injured; it's difficult to understand how you cope with life and its vicissitudes on a daily basis.  

I'm no LJ fan but this thread is ridiculous. Hegeler played CB for us when he first arrived and looked a class act in the role. He's been here all week, quite possibly slotting in alongside Flint in training while Mags and Wright have been away. Makes perfect sense to play him IMO. 

When Hegeler first arrived, I couldn't believe we were gonna waste a guy that was so good on the ball at centre back, but since seeing him play centre midfield, I'm not sure he does enough off of the ball & he wasn't affecting games.

I'd rather see him back at centre back than in centre midfield again.

**** me here we go again. Judging the bloke on something he's said.

Lets ignore recent results and the fact we're now out of the relegation zone. Let's ignore the fact it might - just might - be planned bollocks ahead of Brentford.

Or not. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday even if I am having to sit quietly ;)

32 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If Magnusson plays a certain amount of games we have to pay Juventus another large amount of cash

Mad as it seems...

Well it's not that mad if true, it's a common part of a lot of transfer deals. I can't imagine it is having any effect on whether he plays, I imagine the club can afford it.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well it's not that mad if true, it's a common part of a lot of transfer deals. I can't imagine it is having any effect on whether he plays, I imagine the club can afford it.

Indeed. I'd understand that being a reason if our financial circumstances had materially changed since he signed or there was a new manager who might not see him as integral to the plan but I struggle to see how an appearances clause agreed last summer on a player we wanted for the future would prohibit him playing now. I dare say we did not spend £3 million for half a season of games...

Archived