IGNORED

Student Rugby At AG Last Night

Up The City!

1 hour ago, Tristan Cork said:

Hello.
Sorry to invade this thread. I'm a reporter on the Post and am doing a report on what went on. And the report will make it very clear it wasn't football or City fans! 
If anyone was there, or knows about it, either reply here or call me (please!) 0117 9343262.

Ah Tristan.

I thought you were @The Journalist on here seeing as you cover all of BS3 related topics. You've spoilt that for me now...

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I heard a slightly different story.

UWE owned the turf and were prepared to let the other lot on to their turf in exchange for naming rights.

The top boys other lot postured and tried to convince their band of followers the deal was on track. And that the top boys would get some top investment.

In the end, they squared everything away with a new tent and the promise to turn a former pig farm in to a new top boys training facility.

Wrong. Everyone knows Uni of Bris is on City turf. UWE is on gas turf. Uni of Bris have top boys from Eton and UWE have top boys from Monks Park or whatever sodding academy it's called now...

After the football match in April, the next event is fencing and ballroom dancing so the Eton top boys are rubbing their hands in glee. Mumsy's lessons will pay off now. 

11 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

A hooligan's game played by Gentleman apparently.

I've been to quite a few rugby games this season and the difference between fans is telling.

Surprisingly it's the rugby lot who are pissed out of their faces, bump into you, stand on your toes, knock your drink out of your hand, without an ounce of care. 

Rugby just seems like one massive piss up.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

@Tristan Cork

Course, if you want to be a 'proper' Bristol Post reporter, the trick is to rerun old stories and hope no one notices.

For example, you have as one of your lead stories today how a wedding guest attacked a best man with a glass.

Which just happens to be the same story the Post ran on the 26th September 2016

With breaking news of this quality I'll be amazed if Donald Trump doesn't table a bid to take the paper over. 

That would be because the bloke who did the glassing was in court getting sentenced for it yesterday, I think.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I've been to quite a few rugby games this season and the difference between fans is telling.

Surprisingly it's the rugby lot who are pissed out of their faces, bump into you, stand on your toes, knock your drink out of your hand, without an ounce of care. 

Rugby just seems like one massive piss up.

Been to a few Bristol games this season, and sit in shock sometimes at the comments made between sets of supporters

1 minute ago, Tristan Cork said:

That would be because the bloke who did the glassing was in court getting sentenced for it yesterday, I think.

Tristan, you seem like a nice bloke, and clearly you're desperate for a lead on this story.

Also, it's Friday and the sun is shining, so you can have this one for free - it was all started by Bristol Rovers fans posing as students.

No need to thank me.

1 minute ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Tristan, you seem like a nice bloke, and clearly you're desperate for a lead on this story.

Also, it's Friday and the sun is shining, so you can have this one for free - it was all started by Bristol Rovers fans posing as students.

No need to thank me.

I do have enough now. I've spoken to the police, the uni and Bristol Sport, as well as someone working at the ground who confirmed everything everyone said on here (apart from that above, and the stuff about it being UWE's Top Boys involved, which did make i laugh. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Of course the BIG difference is, there are no great headlines or stats on arrests to be made by A&S Police on the back of this fixture

Unlike if it WAS a City football match

Very good point.
I have gone back to the police to ask them to confirm no one was arrested, and to ask what they are going to do now. Bristol Sport said they want to press charges. I'd imagine it was all caught on CCTV, so I will keep asking until I get sent a montage of 30 faces of students fighting that I can put in the paper. That's how it works, apparently....

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This was merely a training camp for the main event in July.

http://www.thechapolympiad.com/

I went to that years ago as well as going to a party on HMS President organised by 'The Chap', seem to remember winning the 'Senior Service' smoking race.  Huge fun and ended up with a ballet dancer from the Bolshoi, although looking back I think she may have been pulling my plonker in more ways than one.

2 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the montage on the front page of The Post.

It will make a change from the usual crew cuts and Stone Island, to see hooligans with floppy fringes and skinny jeans.

"I say, leave it Tarquin, the rapscallion just isn't worth it" etc.....

I'm looking forward to this also. Let's see if it happens

36 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Well reading that has made me feel pretty angry . Football fans are constantly frowned upon. Can't have a drink. Can't stand up . Filmed on camera for doing nothing. Then these pieces of shit can act like this . I really hope this makes front page news . And is on the news . I want mug shots . 6 am door knocks . But know it won't happen because these middle class pricks think there above the law . Wonder what our police liaison officer makes of this . Sorry rant over 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Ah Tristan.

I thought you were @The Journalist on here seeing as you cover all of BS3 related topics. You've spoilt that for me now...

Wrong. Everyone knows Uni of Bris is on City turf. UWE is on gas turf. Uni of Bris have top boys from Eton and UWE have top boys from Monks Park or whatever sodding academy it's called now...

After the football match in April, the next event is fencing and ballroom dancing so the Eton top boys are rubbing their hands in glee. Mumsy's lessons will pay off now. 

We're not all Gas from Monks Park you know!!!

19 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

Very good point.
I have gone back to the police to ask them to confirm no one was arrested, and to ask what they are going to do now. Bristol Sport said they want to press charges. I'd imagine it was all caught on CCTV, so I will keep asking until I get sent a montage of 30 faces of students fighting that I can put in the paper. That's how it works, apparently....

Daddy won't like that

22 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the montage on the front page of The Post.

It will make a change from the usual crew cuts and Stone Island, to see hooligans with floppy fringes and skinny jeans.

"I say, leave it Tarquin, the rapscallion just isn't worth it" etc.....

tim.jpeg.5be51d915d05c65ec8d3891f85b0d19a.jpeg

Hi @Tristan Cork very brave of you to post, even if it was sniffing around for info.

You seem a decent chap, aren't you a bit embarrassed the way the Post has gone? It used to be a good local paper but now it's celebrity obsessed, barely readable shite mostly lifted directly from Twitter with more inane listicles than anything else- and let's not mention the grammar and spelling. In fairness you are clearly the best 'reporter' working for them now- although that is faint praise indeed given the standard of your colleagues.

15 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hi @Tristan Cork very brave of you to post, even if it was sniffing around for info.

You seem a decent chap, aren't you a bit embarrassed the way the Post has gone? It used to be a good local paper but now it's celebrity obsessed, barely readable shite mostly lifted directly from Twitter with more inane listicles than anything else- and let's not mention the grammar and spelling. In fairness you are clearly the best 'reporter' working for them now- although that is faint praise indeed given the standard of your colleagues.

I agree, last week I saw a link to an article about a sleep calculator or something and many other 'stories' like that.

I don't want to be reading that sort of crack, I want proper reporting. Reporters out in the field as incidents on going, footage from helicopters of police chases, well maybe that's a bit far but it's certainly better than all these junk stories.

If I ever see one more story about how Bristol is the best place to live I'm gonna scream.

There are very pressing issues going on in Bristol all the time yet these are ignored. 

Reading this now.

It seems the two worst- by a street- incidents at AG have been rugby. How many stewards were there out of interest? One for @Mkelly maybe?

As it goes, varsity games are usually pretty well grudge games but still surprised this happened of course. Drinking begins early on a Varsity day though, that's for sure.

I can confirm that the stadium had over the required stewards and security for the event last night.  Sadly we can not plan for the un acceptable behaviour of a minority of students.  As always, its not about rugby, football or any particular sport.  It is about idiots who are intent on causing trouble.  I am sure that a few students will lose their place in university over this.   We have had over 1m people through our door in the last 12 months, so in reality, this incident and that of the rugby earlier in the year are not a trend of anything apart from kids who want to post a video of themselves doing the wolf of wall street and looking hard.  Go down Park Street any Saturday night and you will see worse.  Probably from the same people.  Nothing else to see here.

10 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

I can confirm that the stadium had over the required stewards and security for the event last night.  Sadly we can not plan for the un acceptable behaviour of a minority of students.  As always, its not about rugby, football or any particular sport.  It is about idiots who are intent on causing trouble.  I am sure that a few students will lose their place in university over this.   We have had over 1m people through our door in the last 12 months, so in reality, this incident and that of the rugby earlier in the year are not a trend of anything apart from kids who want to post a video of themselves doing the wolf of wall street and looking hard.  Go down Park Street any Saturday night and you will see worse.  Probably from the same people.  Nothing else to see here.

Don't forget to send the CCTV stills to @Tristan Cork. so that these Hoorah Henry Hoolies can have their mugs plastered over the front page of The Post. 

Ironic that the last two violent incidents at AG have been caused by rugby fans, yet it's football supporters that continue to get treated like animals. 

Archived