IGNORED

Lj have gone

Coombsy

Maybe the original poster was getting in early (an hour or two into the new month) and hoping to catch people off guard.    Maybe a few fans over there getting up nice and early in the morning and viewing the site first thing may fall for it, others will instantly recognise the date and smell a rat.

Never understood the need for 1st April wind-up attempts on football forums.  It's no offence to those who put them together, but these are a ten a penny year in year out and you'd have to be pretty gullible to fall for any tall stories or news items that either seem so wonderful - or appear so bizarre - when this calendar date comes around time after time.

You could go to any random club page by midday tomorrow, and see outlandish attempts at breaking news (we have signed Lionel Messi / we are in takeover talks with the Duke of Edinburgh and Howard Jones etc)

Maybe it's just age perspective.    One upon a time you could be so easily led, but after enough years you get to see it all, and all said it offers few (if no) further surprises. 

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Obviously I knew it was a joke before I clicked it but thought this part was quite funny re Wally...

"The businessman has personal and altruistic reasons for selling the site at the earliest opportunity, having been shocked that the £300,000 he received for Matty Taylor from City in January could only buy a two-bed bungalow in Hanham."

Dam it! :grr:

I saw the title in all it's English Grammar Glory and just spent ten quid ringing all my mates and family to tell them the news, then find out it wasn't true, you're a little tinker Coombsy :laugh:

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Obviously I knew it was a joke before I clicked it but thought this part was quite funny re Wally...

"The businessman has personal and altruistic reasons for selling the site at the earliest opportunity, having been shocked that the £300,000 he received for Matty Taylor from City in January could only buy a two-bed bungalow in Hanham."

Didn`t stop some bellend on there commenting though - I expect the `always knew it was an April fool` was a later edit.

Archived