IGNORED

Whats the excuse this week Lee?

wendyredredrobin

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why do the players get away from any kind of blame? 

Players have far more influence on games than a bloke stood on the sidelines!! 

If that's what you really believe, why have a manager? Last week you told us all that the season was all John Pemberton's fault, he just "stood on the sidelines" I guess, but it suited your agenda to try and blame him!

Our manager has had the previous 10 days to influence the tactics, influence the game plan, influence the shape of the team, and influence the players that are to play. If you feel he isn't capable of still influencing these same things whilst standing on the side of the pitch, then you must also feel he shouldn't be our manager.

33 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

If that's what you really believe, why have a manager? Last week you told us all that the season was all John Pemberton's fault, he just "stood on the sidelines" I guess, but it suited your agenda to try and blame him!

Our manager has had the previous 10 days to influence the tactics, influence the game plan, influence the shape of the team, and influence the players that are to play. If you feel he isn't capable of still influencing these same things whilst standing on the side of the pitch, then you must also feel he shouldn't be our manager.

Yet this same bloke at half time did motivate them and got them playing again. 

The players just didn't turn up for the first 45 minutes, it seems like they were rusty after a 2 week break and tbh I am pretty critical of what we did during those two weeks. Given too much time off??

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn't think so - think he's definitely 'out of favour' 

And I'm getting more and confused too as I couldn't remember if Little is fit yet - I assume not

Returned to training this week.

I'd guess the selection tombola will be back in action on Tuesday and he has as much a chance of featuring as many others..

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The players just didn't turn up for the first 45 minutes, it seems like they were rusty after a 2 week break and tbh I am pretty critical of what we did during those two weeks. Given too much time off??

You need to seriously think about what you are posting before you do it because it really is utter drivel

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Returned to training this week.

I'd guess the selection tombola will be back in action on Tuesday and he has as much a chance of featuring as many others..

Apart from an international defender with a left foot who scored a cracking free kick against the Republic of Ireland this week it seems. Could have done with him on that free kick toward the end! 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

He's the manager, he runs the company. 

I run a small business with 30 staff, there are some you perform better than others, some who might be detrimental on a given day. Whilst the 'off' day might be there fault, if we fail over a 2 year period it is most definitely my fault for not building a robust business that grows and delivers profit. I have the authority to hire and fire as I see fit to deliver results and to manage the staff to maximise return. I am in charge.

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Rusty? After a 2 week break.  Remind me when Brentford's last game was?.

That's the other thing that pissed me off, in his post match interview, Ali durden said to him he looked he looked displeased in the first and he thought he couldn't wait to get them in at the half to talk to them. On the performance I watched today I would have been livid and every player would have known what I thought. If he thinks something, then get the message out there!!!

13 minutes ago, cityironman said:

You need to seriously think about what you are posting before you do it because it really is utter drivel

It's the same week after week, inane comments trying to defend a manager out of his depth.

I get it when people defend LJ with proper reasoning, and accept fully that we all see things differently, but 'up the City' clearly doesn't understand the game.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Tbh I thought it was a honest assessment from him. The players worked hard in training the past ten days but didn't turn up in the first half and didn't execute the game plan. In the second half they did.

LJ changed it round a bit, simplified it and it had a positive effect.

This defeat lays firmly at the feet of the players.

One day you will awaken from your dream world and see exactly 90% of the fanbase see, LJ is beyond useless and should have been shown the door in November/December.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

When was the last time a team was sacked FFS?, what the **** has LJ shown you consistantly that makes you believe in anyway shape or form that he is ever going to be a good manager?.

You get worse and worse, the ******* game was over by halftime and Brentford still won without much extra effort. 

6 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Not a fan or a slater but naft to do with with lee today . Players were woeful . Simple as . Stop bittering ffs , support your club and get on 

He's the manager that how it works, yes the players might have been poor, but why was that?, almost certainly because they have no faith in him whatsoever or to quote the vernacular he has lost the dressing room, that means it's time to go.

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He's the manager that how it works, yes the players might have been poor, but why was that?, almost certainly because they have no faith in him whatsoever or to quote the vernacular he has lost the dressing room, that means it's time to go.

No faith ?. They were ok against Huddersfield and on a little bit of a good run before ? Or were they not ? Little bit too much blame on manager sometimes .

7 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

No faith ?. They were ok against Huddersfield and on a little bit of a good run before ? Or were they not ? Little bit too much blame on manager sometimes .

Why? thats his job. Look at how Allardyce and Warnock have come in to Palace and Cardiff, respectively, and started to turn their fortunes. Both sets of players were considered useless before they came in. The manager is supposed to motivate. Johnson has no idea how to do that on a consistent basis and, in my opinion, he never will at this level. We just have to face facts; you cannot get away with it week in week out with players who have big egos if you are a shrinking and, in Johnson's case, "small" violet. Many manager's in this division don't either as we have seen season after season where the Championship has the highest percentage of sackings. It seems to be the one league where we have left over premiership players mixed with eager kids and unless you have a real smart manager who knows how to deal with all types you are going to struggle. Maybe in 10 years from now Lee will be a good manager at this level. Until then he should ply his trade lower down the foot chain instead of using us as his guinea pig; that his not his fault mind.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Why? thats his job. Look at how Allardyce and Warnock have come in to Palace and Cardiff, respectively, and started to turn their fortunes. Both sets of players were considered useless before they came in....

That's brave Hav! Praising those two proven, solid English managers....I've been shouted down for supporting those two before, apparently they are 'horrible, despicable human beings, dinosaur managers, unable to adapt to the modern game....' etc etc etc etc etc.

Cardiff had 8 points when Warnock took over last October and Allardyce has just inspired Palace to their fourth consecutive win at a vitally important stage of the season....seems the 'dinosaur' outwitted Conte's Chelsea yesterday.

I don't care how boring it is to hear it again, but if we'd gone for Warnock and given him the budget LJ had, we'd have been pushing the play offs right now.

But the wise sages who believed in our 'young, dynamic, forward-thinking coach' who was 'turning heads in the premier league' howled at opinions like that and were over the moon that we'd gone for a guy who spent a night in the A&E dept of the local hospital to learn how to 'cope with pressure'.....

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

On the OS from Lee:

“It’s back to the drawing board,” Johnson told Bristol City Player HD. “The difficulty I’ve had is that every time we think we think we’ve got a settled side, we chuck in a first-half performance like that"

We have never had a settled side Lee, that is the problem :facepalm:

'Back to the drawing board'

39 Games in !!!!!!!!!!!

and after 14 months and the signing of 19 players !!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable

If that statement alone doesn't sum up just how completely clueless he is I don't know what does 

Clown

43 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

:laugh:. Since when has football been a 45 minute game?

We lost, get over it.

Football under the useless LJ has been a 45 minute game all season, we have lost most of the long list of games in either the first half or the second half, because we are an easy team to beat, even LJ acknowledged that teams have to do very little to beat us and he should know.

We lost alright and a few more losses will see us relegated, get over that.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Football under the useless LJ has been a 45 minute game all season, we have lost most of the long list of games in either the first half or the second half, because we are an easy team to beat, even LJ acknowledged that teams have to do very little to beat us and he should know.

We lost alright and a few more losses will see us relegated, get over that.

Wasting your breath EMB

Shes either got some strange maternal instinct to protect poor Lee or has a crush on him

Archived