IGNORED

Thanks Lee

BS3_RED

I have for a while been adamant that I would not be renewing my ST after many years if LJ is in charge. However the international break is a long two weeks and coming after a minor mini run i was just starting to second guess myself and thinking about renewing and then today happens.

Suddenly everything is crystal clear again and I remember what made not want to renew in the first place. I especially love the after match interview when Lee could say how angry he was with everybody but himself ffs. Now I know the players were poor and yes they should take some blame but isnt part of a mangers job to get them fired up for a game ffs. Lee seemed to miss that one in the interview. 

If I still lived in Bristol I (as my mate said today) would probably renew but living the other side of the bridge and not seeing my family all week due to working all over the bloody place, I just cant justify wasting my time. Fair lay to all of you that have and will renew, you have my full and utmost respect.

So thank you Lee for reminding me before I signed myself up for another year of misery. 

10 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I have for a while been adamant that I would not be renewing my ST after many years if LJ is in charge. However the international break is a long two weeks and coming after a minor mini run i was just starting to second guess myself and thinking about renewing and then today happens.

Suddenly everything is crystal clear again and I remember what made not want to renew in the first place. I especially love the after match interview when Lee could say how angry he was with everybody but himself ffs. Now I know the players were poor and yes they should take some blame but isnt part of a mangers job to get them fired up for a game ffs. Lee seemed to miss that one in the interview. 

If I still lived in Bristol I (as my mate said today) would probably renew but living the other side of the bridge and not seeing my family all week due to working all over the bloody place, I just cant justify wasting my time. Fair lay to all of you that have and will renew, you have my full and utmost respect.

In fairness I'm sure he was angry at that pitiful first half 

IMHO I don't think many of the players give a flying **** what he thinks

Anyone who thinks Huddersfield was the players playing for LJ are way off the mark IMHO

I believe the head coach is the root of the problems but the attitude of some of the players is disgraceful -

In fairness to Johnson should he or anyone else need to motivate them when we are staring at League One ?

With the exception of FF and TA I'd be embarrassed to call myself a professional tonight 

They certainly don't deserve the support they've had this season

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Sadly I won't ever go into ashton gate as long as the Johnson family has anything to do  with the club. This has been a dreadful season.  Even back in the dark days we had kids who bust a gut for the club. And Terry Cooper who gave his all for the footbsll club. Its my choice 

I agree wholeheartedly with you. And before anyone says "What about 1982 - 1984, that was a walk in the park compared with this. We had a manager who lived and breathed Bristol City FC every second of the day and a team of kids and more elderly old pros who worked their socks of for this club. We put up with our position in the league because we knew that one day TC would make it better and he did.

The Johnson dynasty has a lot to answer for and I also will never set foot in Ashton Gate while they have any involvement with MY CLUB. 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I agree wholeheartedly with you. And before anyone says "What about 1982 - 1984, that was a walk in the park compared with this. We had a manager who lived and breathed Bristol City FC every second of the day and a team of kids and more elderly old pros who worked their socks of for this club. We put up with our position in the league because we knew that one day TC would make it better and he did.

The Johnson dynasty has a lot to answer for and I also will never set foot in Ashton Gate while they have any involvement with MY CLUB. 

We have a club full of yes men who bow to the leader and tell him what he wants to hear, we waste millions on players and don't play them. We were once I think SL`s interest now we are only part of a bigger picture and dream for him; Our ID is vanishing into the pit that is Bristol Sport...the almighty.

Apart from its fans and the division its in BCFC is nothing like what it used to be when I found them 50yrs ago, proper club, proper ground and a manager who cared and still cares for his/our team Alan Dicks; also not forgetting Harry Dolman and his stand now gobbled up in the name of Bristol Sport, Steves dream machine.

Not liking what my club has become ....at all.

Sadly there is no going back now, stadiums built suits are hired......shame. :mf_sleep:

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

I  will never forget Wembley when we beat Bolton and the emotion terry Cooper showed that day  brought a tear or two.  Also Chester away when we won promotion fantastic scenes. 

Footballs been sold out mate to the highest bidder, we are now its customers who pay.....we always pay.

Managers and players brought in from all over the world are only passing through all our clubs and feel nothing for them and are ONLY here for the money and would leave tomorrow in an instant to get more of it... ask our latest recruit who it seems cant hit a barn door if its 2 feet away and has gone from blue to red in the blink of an eye for the folding stuff. 

Pride, Passion and Belief has gone missing which is why we are where we are.

Another international break over and what has our team done?

Totally switched off?

AGAIN!

We were treated to a pic of LJ laughing with the lads on the training ground - what did they spend the two weeks doing? A few were away on international duty, one came back from the Emerald Isle and proved he can be an asset going forward, our 10 proved once again he was far from being well enough motivated to be of any use. The team muddle through the first half, no motivation, no clue! 

Blame can only be with the manager, it's his job to make sure he picks a team that he has trained to do the business - time for him to admit he is not up to the job and **** off before he's pushed - I am sure the grounds man could do better 

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I would just say thanks Lee for nothing now **** off

Hang on......Junior played the same team as against Huddersfield but for whatever reason they didn't show up in the first half especially.

Is that his fault or does some responsibility lie with the players? 

We all know that once the team crosses the touch line theres not much any manager can do.

He changed things when he could at half time and City were far better second half but at 0-2 it was always going to be a tough ask.

i appreciate that he and Ashton signed most of the players and that it's his job to motivate the team and give them jobs to carry out but if they don't do as they're supposed to they deserve some criticism 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hang on......Junior played the same team as against Huddersfield but for whatever reason they didn't show up in the first half especially.

We all know that once the team crosses the touch line theres not much any manager can do.

He changed things when he could at half time and City were far better second half but at 0-2 it was always going to be a tough ask.

i appreciate that he and Ashton signed most of the players and that it's his job to motivate the team and give them jobs to carry out but if they don't do as they're supposed to they deserve some criticism 

It's been the same all bl00dy season. Yes their will be times in season's when things go wrong and players let the team down but with Johnson it is all the time. A great performance against Huddersfield and he is paid to keep the momentum going not turn the same team in to one from a pub. How many more times does he have to demonstrate his lack of ability to manage at the level before he is kicked out. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They have had on almost every thread. They were utter utter garbage. Who carry's the can for them! We would all suggest the bloke who bought them, the bloke who wanted them and the bloke who plays them, the bloke who sets them up and the bloke who gets nothing from them!

Yes agree with all the above,had a phone call about renewing our season tickets bloody cheek we don't yet know what league we will be playing in next season. 7 games left 21 points to play for not to late to bring in someone/anyone to turn this around. Will the price drop after relegation? (season tickets). Maybe find something else to do Saturday afternoons. 

I'll admit to renewing my season ticket, but I only bought it because it's free because I'm a carer. 

A season ticket for the nipper at £99 means it cheaper than a handful of POTD visits. 

I can't see me turning up though if LJ is still there. It's only £99... 

7 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

I don't think it's to late to get rid of Johnson far from it. If anything I think it's the right time. The new man can come in different voice motivate the team and he will have 7 games to

look at the squad and c what is needed for next season. 

Sky game was a shop window for the players who want out.. simple. 

Not too late to get him out and just put Alby in charge til end of the season.. Just anyone apart from him. 

11 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

So thank you Lee for reminding me before I signed myself up for another year of misery. 

I hope you remain focused and the vision crystal clear squire. Do not waiver in your beliefs. 

45 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Sky game was a shop window for the players who want out.. simple. 

Not too late to get him out and just put Alby in charge til end of the season.. Just anyone apart from him. 

Sky was certainly one element in that performance. 

Now *puts tinfoil hat on* there's part of me that thinks that performance was from the players for Pemberton who had been told to foxtrot oscar that day *takes tinfoil hat off*.  And now its back to normal service and utter shite.

27 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Sky was certainly one element in that performance. 

Now *puts tinfoil hat on* there's part of me that thinks that performance was from the players for Pemberton who had been told to foxtrot oscar that day *takes tinfoil hat off*.  And now its back to normal service and utter shite.

You could be right.  Our club has one problem and it's Johnson.  Until he's out nothing will change and Lansdown will get everything he deserves.. relegation.  

8 players have clauses in their contract if we're relegated I hear... massive problems ahead 

3 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

8 players have clauses in their contract if we're relegated I hear... massive problems ahead 

Would be interested to know who they were.  Tomlin and O'Neil for sure.  Djuric, Wright, Geifer, Hegler, Magnusson most likely.  Possibly Taylor - doubt he wants to go back to league one and you would think would have been smart enough to have something in his contract given our precarious state when he signed.  Cotterill and Abraham would obviously be off anyway.  Interesting times.

30 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Would be interested to know who they were.  Tomlin and O'Neil for sure.  Djuric, Wright, Geifer, Hegler, Magnusson most likely.  Possibly Taylor - doubt he wants to go back to league one and you would think would have been smart enough to have something in his contract given our precarious state when he signed.  Cotterill and Abraham would obviously be off anyway.  Interesting times.

I'd say probably those you mentioned and maybe flint and pack as they signed new contracts?

6 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Giefers not ours he's on loan from Schalke. Don't think Magnussen, Taylor and Djuric. It will be Tomlin, O'Neil, Hegeler, Wright (maybe) and 4 more others.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

I don't see how this is worse than O'drisscol , mccguiness , Tinnion , Pulis, osman or us being in the 4th division. A lot of rose tinted spectacles on here and short memories. 

because not one of those managers had the bank of lansdown chucked at them

3 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

I don't see how this is worse than O'drisscol , mccguiness , Tinnion , Pulis, osman or us being in the 4th division. A lot of rose tinted spectacles on here and short memories. 

We are not supposed to be worse we are supposed to learn from mistakes SL isn't.

Archived