IGNORED

More by luck than judgement

Top Robin

When we win.....and that's rare....I'm afraid it's more by luck than judgement  by Lee Johnson.

He was probably more amazed than us when we beat Huddersfiield so convincingly.

He throws in different selections, set ups and tactics each week hoping that occasionally one will work as it did against Huddersfield but that was a freak result.

Most of the rest has been absolutely dire.

He is a really dreadful manager who cannot pick the best team to counter the opposition that we are up against.

I know he isn't going anywhere but it's even worse when we see clubs who are doing poorly get a new manager in and they start to play properly just by playing the existing players in the right position in the right shape with some passion.

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

He played the same team today, no different selection or set up...where is your argument based.

where you not pleased we had same team as set up as Huddersfield?

If we'd swapped it all about and got dicked...THAT would have been wrong!

(I'm not at all happy still having LJ,)    BUT come on you can't have it all ways !

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

He played the same team today, no different selection or set up...where is your argument based.

So just because you beat a team then the next team you play against you pick the same team in the same shape.

Decent managers will work out the opposition each week and pick a team and set up accordingly........that's what managers do and why they are paid an obscene amount of money.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

So just because you beat a team then the next team you play against you pick the same team in the same shape.

Decent managers will work out the opposition each week at pick a team and set up accordingly........that's what managers do and why they are paid an obscene amount of money.

Yeah, and to be fair, that's what he'd say he's been trying to do !

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Decent managers will work out the opposition each week and pick a team and set up accordingly........that's what managers do and why they are paid an obscene amount of money.

Your argument was that he throws different selections And formations...he didn't do that today and 100% of us would have agreed with the selection....so I'm struggling with your comment

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Your argument was that he throws different selections And formations...he didn't do that today and 100% of us would have agreed with the selection....so I'm struggling with your comment

As a manager you have to do your homework on the opposition and pick your players in the right positions to counter them.......I know we won last game but that doesn't necessarily mean we stick with the same side if the next opposition doesn't warrant it.  Dare I say it but Neil Warnock knew how to set up against opposition and Lee doesn't have a scooby.

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

And also you say you don't necessarily stick with same side but your original post accused him of changing far too much 

I don't mind him changing the side if he is doing it tactically to counter the opposition but I'm afraid that Lee hasn't got the ability to do it.

28 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Which says more about Huddersfield than us.

But you're right, I think everyone accepted that line up today.

You cannot cut it any other way but that this head coach and his training team have messed up big time

Still believe we had enough quality to have been safe

SL has totally failed us and the failure spreads out over a decade

Has he no shame even if he has no idea? Hope he comes to Brighton and holds fans meeting

He had better be prepared with facts or he will be terribly exposed by yours truly and others

We are honing our searching questions as I type !!

20 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Good teams normally have a spine of 5 stronger players and tweak the rest depending on opposition 

We only have 1 in Tammy, maybe Flinty and Cotts 

Its the middle of the park where we are so inconsistent 

46 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

When we win.....and that's rare....I'm afraid it's more by luck than judgement  by Lee Johnson.

He was probably more amazed than us when we beat Huddersfiield so convincingly.

He throws in different selections, set ups and tactics each week hoping that occasionally one will work as it did against Huddersfield but that was a freak result.

Most of the rest has been absolutely dire.

He is a really dreadful manager who cannot pick the best team to counter the opposition that we are up against.

I know he isn't going anywhere but it's even worse when we see clubs who are doing poorly get a new manager in and they start to play properly just by playing the existing players in the right position in the right shape with some passion.

No faith in LJ but I do think he would have been very brave / daft to change the side today

If we'd played with the same attitude today as we did for whatever reason (Cameras cough cough) against Huddersfield we may well have seen a totally different outcome

I do think he had to,show Faith  in the same eleven and try and build on the Huddersfield performance

Think criticising him for putting out the same eleven is harsh and unfair , even as somebody with zero faith in him

Personally I would have been 'brave' ,  and away from home , put Tomlin on the bench , but even that would have been seen as tinkering if we'd lost and lacked creativity

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Good teams normally have a spine of 5 stronger players and tweak the rest depending on opposition 

We only have 1 in Tammy, maybe Flinty and Cotts 

Its the middle of the park where we are so inconsistent 

Yeh, they had a couple of guys in midfield today who ran the show.......a ginger lad and some bloke with long hair.....they were very good

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No faith in LJ but I do think he would have been very grave to change the side today

If we'd played with the same attitude today as we did for whatever reason (Cameras cough cough) against Huddersfield we may well have seen a totally different outcome

Imdomthink he had to,show Faith  in the same eleven and try and build on the Huddersfield performance

Think criticising him for putting out the same eleven is harsh and unfair , even as somebody with zero faith in him

Personally I would have been brace and away from home , put Tomlin on the bench , but even that would have been seen as tinkering

I agree, this was a vote of good faith in the team display against Huds. The problems this season as I see it is that there has been too many changes (was LJ taught by the Tinkerman?) a settled side with minimal tactical changes keeps the players happy and usually gets results. Thus saying that a caller to RB reminded me that the Brentford pitch is small and tight so today I would have included Magi for his long throws and moved Cory to MF to give us more steel.

4 minutes ago, flipflopcity said:

I agree, this was a vote of good faith in the team display against Huds. The problems this season as I see it is that there has been too many changes (was LJ taught by the Tinkerman?) a settled side with minimal tactical changes keeps the players happy and usually gets results.

Thus saying that a caller to RB reminded me that the Brentford pitch is small and tight so today I would have included Magi for his long throws and moved Cory to MF to give us more steel.

Fair thoughts but he would have been slated if we'd lost , especially if HMmmade amgoal,costing error etc

Secondly - Don't think a HM throw has led to a goal this season and I'd suggest little point in him hurling everything in the it box without a target man on the pitch

As for moving Korey - who would you have played at RB ?

Nah, personally I would have kept the same with a string temptation to drop Tomlin to the bench but I can't criticise his selection in reality

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yeh, they had a couple of guys in midfield today who ran the show.......a ginger lad and some bloke with long hair.....they were very good

Ginger lad is Ryan Woods who was at Shrewsbury (With Mickey Mellon as manager) and many of us suggested we snap up 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair thoughts but he would have been slated if we'd lost , especially if HMmmade amgoal,costing error etc

Secondly - Don't think a HM throw has led to a goal this season and I'd suggest little point in him hurling everything in the it box without a target an on the pitch

As for moving Korey - who would you have played at RB ?

Nah, personally I would have kept the same with a string temptation to drop Tomlin to the bench but I can't criticise his selection in reality

I would have played 3 at the back.. so BWright on that side 

I don't think it is necessarily about picking the same players or formation. It is about motivating the players to be up for the game and give 100%. That is Lee's big failing. People blame the players for not trying. It is up to him to work out why they aren't pressing, tackling and giving everything for the cause and create a situation where they will. At the end of the day that is how managers get success. I don't believe Lee has a Scooby when it comes to leadership and man management.

On Tuesday I would revert to the Huddersfield formation as long as GON if fit ... I think as previously stated L:J for whatever reason has made too many unnecessary changes and we need to build a close team who know each other's smell before they are seen so to speak.  

54 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

But lee has been doing that week in week out and people moan... today he sticks we lose and people still moan... not the manager we should be looking at but the PLAYERS!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

But lee has been doing that week in week out and people moan... today he sticks we lose and people still moan... not the manager we should be looking at but the PLAYERS!!!!!

Wrong

We should be looking at SL and Johnson and Ashton and Holden  and the players - all culpable

Not knocking the win against Hudds. Any win is good!!!

But can really se them on the slide now think they will struggle to make the play offs .

Preston, Barnsley and Brum look our more likely hope of wins to me. Will that be enough? Can we win all three, I know we have QPR home and Blackburn away but I can't see points there.

Can anyone convince me that everything is COOL?

Archived