IGNORED

Joe Bryan is a MIDFIELDER

Chairman Mao

A central midfielder at that.

Enough is enough, he was been woeful all season. No suprise his best performances in a City shirt in the Championship came at the end of last season where he was played (by LJ) as a CM

HE IS NOT A LEFT BACK. If we are going to play him there we might as well sell him.

32 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Enough is enough, he was been woeful all season. No suprise his best performances in a City shirt in the Championship came at the end of last season where he was played (by LJ) as a CM

HE IS NOT A LEFT BACK. If we are going to play him there we might as well sell him.

He's not a left back agreed but he definatly isn't a central midfielder either!! Needs dropping, worse player for me this season. Low on confidence but seems whatever happens he's picked! 

Just doesn't have consistency to be a LB. Not sure what it is, technically he's good enough but just doesn't have the correct mindset for the position. A liability more often than not playing there. It's a shame because when on form (Huddersfield in particular) it showed the potential he could have in that role and the added benefit of having an attack-minded LB.

Didn't LJ play Bryan at CM alongside Reid last season? It worked pretty well if I recall correctly. I also remember SOD claiming that Joe would probably end up a CM.

Thing is, he was absolutely dreadful (join the club), but I thought our only slight couple of moments of positivity were a couple of crosses he put into the box.

Unfortunately the sad state of affairs that was our performance this afternoon that alone puts him above a fair few of his colleagues wearing that horrible 'gold' shirt in my view.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I think we can now say that he is just not good enough in any position for the championship.

Thats gonna hurt because he is one of our own but truthfully he is div 1 at best.......sorry 

If we were to release him, i really believe that he would not get picked up by another champ level club. If it were not for the fact he is one of our own, he would get ripped apart week after week. 

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Thing is, he was absolutely dreadful (join the club), but I thought our only slight couple of moments of positivity were a couple of crosses he put into the box.

Unfortunately the sad state of affairs that was our performance this afternoon that alone puts him above a fair few of his colleagues wearing that horrible 'gold' shirt in my view.

Agree - the cross for Tammys post rattler was fantastic 

Definitely has ability - the run against Udders demonstrated that - can't work out the inconsistency but he's definitely not a 'natural' defender - his assets are when we are on the front foot and I still think he can be a very decent Left sided midfielder , (possibly centrally but he is very one sided / footed)

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Left winger. Takes people on and has ability. Put two good crosses in today. The one in for the Tammy post job was mint. Poor defender . Got to look at LJ totally dissing Scott Golbourne, if you ask me. Weird SG signed just before Lee arrived

Edit the one for the Brentford defensive mix up was v good too

Also didnt Richard O'D sign BEFORE LJ came in

26 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

If we were to release him, i really believe that he would not get picked up by another champ level club. If it were not for the fact he is one of our own, he would get ripped apart week after week. 

He wouldn't get ripped apart because his next manager is unlikely to see him as a defender

24 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Left winger. Takes people on and has ability. Put two good crosses in today. The one in for the Tammy post job was mint. Poor defender . Got to look at LJ totally dissing Scott Golbourne, if you ask me. Weird SG signed just before Lee arrived

Edit the one for the Brentford defensive mix up was v good too

Also didnt Richard O'D sign BEFORE LJ came in

Would love to see this one day.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Just doesn't have consistency to be a LB. Not sure what it is, technically he's good enough but just doesn't have the correct mindset for the position. A liability more often than not playing there. It's a shame because when on form (Huddersfield in particular) it showed the potential he could have in that role and the added benefit of having an attack-minded LB.

Didn't LJ play Bryan at CM alongside Reid last season? It worked pretty well if I recall correctly. I also remember SOD claiming that Joe would probably end up a CM.

Yes, Byran along with Reid, Pack and Tomlin. So'D also rated Reid.

I think the two would be a great midfield pairing in L1.

Don't know if anyone else saw during the warm up yesterday Joe Bryan juggling with his chewing gum. Kicking it from his foot to his knee to his mouth a few times. Obviously got the skills but would like to see him apply them on the pitch. Seems when he has a bad game so does the team or maybe its when the team performs badly (losing the ball constantly) it's too much pressure on him at the back. I thought the team performance at Wigan was bad enough despite the win but yesterday there were so many mistakes all round i think it beats it by a mile. So frustrating after the Huddersfield performance.

Archived