IGNORED

Mr Lansdowns on the pitch before our last home game to say thanks for our support.

WECANDO

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

We've been relegated. What do we do? Cheer for what he's done for the club or boo him for stupidly keeping LJ when just about everyone knew he should have sacked him some time back? Over to you.

No way on earth he will come on the pitch and speak if we've been relegated.

Lansdown has serious problems if City go down and stick with Johnson. 

Attendances will die, Stuck with players on contracts renewed recently to meet championship level and signings we will never get close to getting back what we paid for them ie. Engvall, Tomlin etc.

We are all aware he isnt the most football minded of people but as a businessman im amazed hes not made a change

14 hours ago, WECANDO said:

We've been relegated. What do we do? Cheer for what he's done for the club or boo him for stupidly keeping LJ when just about everyone knew he should have sacked him some time back? Over to you.

Everyone will make their own decision how to respond. I for one will listen what he has to say first, although this is only if I've left the Coopers in time to hear him!

14 hours ago, WECANDO said:

He said we should only voice our feelings when the match isn't on so a very loud rendition of 'we want Johnson out' would be how I think we should greet him. 

i don't personally believe that City is Mr Lansdown's priority any more.

He surely sees a better (and cheaper) means of glory on the rugby side of things going forwards.

Therefore league One with a family friend in charge is acceptable to him possibly as he can do that relatively cheaply.

BS and maximising stadium revenue is what gets him excited perhaps.

As daft as it sounds don't rule out him having a word with Wally and suggesting a ground share.

Its not our ground after all.

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No way in hell he'll be anywhere near the ground. He'll be far away with his head in the sand, then as soon as we're doing well in L1 again he'll come and take praise again. 

Same can be said for Mark Ashton

Yep we won't be seeing one of SL's rallying cries any time soon. They only happen when we're doing well and there's no flak flying around. He'd have to be insane to attempt one of those this season. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Doubt many will be there if we are already down.

Never stopped me before, I go to watch a game of football.

I don't pick the team, or appoint the manager, I go as a fan to watch the team I support.

It's often a good day out ruined by 90 minutes of football, but I'll do it all again next season. Nothing happy clappy, it's what I've always done and yes, it has been worse than now!

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Never stopped me before, I go to watch a game of football.

I don't pick the team, or appoint the manager, I go as a fan to watch the team I support.

It's often a good day out ruined by 90 minutes of football, but I'll do it all again next season. Nothing happy clappy, it's what I've always done and yes, it has been worse than now!

Has it! I am probably as old as you and I can not ever feeling this helpless. Yes we can talk about 82 but at least people stayed behind the club. This is a completely different type of clawing at my gut! 

We are in the hands of a man that will not see sense and there is nothing that anyone can do. 

2 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

When has it ever been our ground, surely it's always been the majority shareholder?

The use of our could be subjective, but prior to Mr Lansdown and post 1982 no individual could have a shareholding of above 25%.

The ground via Bristol City holdings was owned by thousands, now it is owned by Mr Lansdown.

The stadium is as much ours as it is the rugby club. Both are tenants.

How about we ask Lansdown if he wouldn't mind getting his old mate Hargreaves in to run things for a bit?    Maybe Hargreaves is the brains behind the billions and Lansdown was in the right place at the right time.   Maybe Hargreaves can save us.

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Has it! I am probably as old as you and I can not ever feeling this helpless. Yes we can talk about 82 but at least people stayed behind the club. This is a completely different type of clawing at my gut! 

We are in the hands of a man that will not see sense and there is nothing that anyone can do. 

I beg to differ having seen almost all the home games on the way down after relegation from the first (mum only let me down to a few of them). At the bottom of the 4th division we'd be lucky to get anywhere near Gas sized gates.

22 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I beg to differ having seen almost all the home games on the way down after relegation from the first (mum only let me down to a few of them). At the bottom of the 4th division we'd be lucky to get anywhere near Gas sized gates.

You can beg and differ, but when City were relegated to the fourth, City's gates were higher than Rovers ... 

Archived