IGNORED

Last day of seat reservation

Steve Watts

If they'd sold 10k - or even 12k:shocking: - in a week that would suggest the most enthusiastic response to ST's ever.

There's absolutely no way that can have happened imo. -  the OS would indeed be shouting such spectacular sales from the rooftops.

I really don't know how people are working out their figures - rafts of seats are often kept back but appear as n/a or sold for instance - but clearly, for many obvious reasons, it's very unlikely the take up will be anything like last season, and particularly so swiftly with no real incentive to renew quickly, and numerous compelling reasons to delay or decline the offer altogether.

Everyone I know has not renewed. OK, I accept don't know that many people in the bigger scheme of things, but enough from different walks of life to know there is an almost unprecedented dissatisfaction in the fanbase which would naturally be reflected in a very marked reduction in sales.

When long term self confessed City fanatics such as cidered abroad, GrahamC, NickJ, Kid, Ska Junkie and myself ( just a few examples) feel so strongly you can bet there are numerous less addicted to BCFC, for whom being a supporter of Bristol City F.C. is a much less ingrained part of their lives, who have taken the same decision, but quietly and with comparatively little anguish or regret.

Something literally doesn't add up with the numbers being put forward on here, 

18 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

How do I get a refund for my ST?

You could try Trading Standards if you're talking about this season.

I'm sure you find plenty of quotes from MA and LJ that could be construed as 'misrepresentation of goods and services'. :ph34r:

49 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If they'd sold 10k - or even 12k:shocking: - in a week that would suggest the most enthusiastic response to ST's ever.

There's absolutely no way that can have happened imo. -  the OS would indeed be shouting such spectacular sales from the rooftops.

I really don't know how people are working out their figures - rafts of seats are often kept back but appear as n/a or sold for instance - but clearly, for many obvious reasons, it's very unlikely the take up will be anything like last season, and particularly so swiftly with no real incentive to renew quickly, and numerous compelling reasons to delay or decline the offer altogether.

Everyone I know has not renewed. OK, I accept don't know that many people in the bigger scheme of things, but enough from different walks of life to know there is an almost unprecedented dissatisfaction in the fanbase which would naturally be reflected in a very marked reduction in sales.

When long term self confessed City fanatics such as cidered abroad, GrahamC, NickJ, Kid, Ska Junkie and myself ( just a few examples) feel so strongly you can bet there are numerous less addicted to BCFC, for whom being a supporter of Bristol City F.C. is a much less ingrained part of their lives, who have taken the same decision, but quietly and with comparatively little anguish or regret.

Could not agree more. There is so much bollocks on this forum sometimes it really is beggars belief. Yet, I keep returning.:blink:

14 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

I received an email from 'Bristol City' thanking me for for renewing yesterday, that's something I suppose........ yes I know I know, well my son still wants to go and my friends who we met are still going and well , I quite like the day out :facepalm:

I got the same email. BEFORE I had renewed :yes:

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

quite frankly I will be amazed if the final figure even if we stay up will be anything like last season.

56 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

I received an email from 'Bristol City' thanking me for for renewing yesterday, that's something I suppose........ yes I know I know, well my son still wants to go and my friends who we met are still going and well , I quite like the day out :facepalm:

apart from the football bit most of the time.

3 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

See my response to Ultra.

You could be right, Ultra could be right?

What I'm seeking to do is bring some sensible figures to the table rather than let exaggeration rule.

I think the figures may be a little out. There are a lot of seats not released for sale at the moment so although they show as ST they would not be yet. Some examples. W 7-9 rear half not released yet. they are now releasing a row at a time as has been done in the past. W 13-15 rear half is corporate. W 11 and 17 at least half reserved for community groups. E 30 - 32 back few rows still allocated to media not yet sold. Finally not sure what is happening to S 24 but certainly not sold in straight lines. I hope the 10,000 - 14,000 estimates are correct but fear it is nearer to 7,000. 

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I won't be surprised* if we win this evening, the deadline gets extended 'due to demand**' 

*obviously I WILL be surprised if we win.

** lack of, disguised as a reports of people having problems getting through on the phone. 

yep, the City Spin doctor is trying to think of the next thing to tell us

spin doctor.jpg

39 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

I think the figures may be a little out. There are a lot of seats not released for sale at the moment so although they show as ST they would not be yet. Some examples. W 7-9 rear half not released yet. they are now releasing a row at a time as has been done in the past. W 13-15 rear half is corporate. W 11 and 17 at least half reserved for community groups. E 30 - 32 back few rows still allocated to media not yet sold. Finally not sure what is happening to S 24 but certainly not sold in straight lines. I hope the 10,000 - 14,000 estimates are correct but fear it is nearer to 7,000. 

Your right on track with that post.

A lot of posters are assuming anything in RED or not available is a seat renewed but lots of areas are blocked out (kept back) and consequently shown in Red.

For example in the West stand : all of W10, the front half of W11 and W18 are all unavailable - these have been kept back. All of S19 has also been kept back.. Plus of course the Atyeo and upper West, some rows at the back of the Dolman.

The best guide to renewal rate is to look at the Dolman, I checked the website on Sunday and it showed very few tickets available - now there's over half of the seats available (3500 approx)......................I'd say the estimates of about 7K renewed is correct, if everybody who hasn't renewed is waiting to know if we'll be relegated (which is probably the prime reason) then if (when) we go down the ST sales will have halved from 14K to 7K

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm not having a dig of any sort finker but do we really have less than 17K seats available for home fans in a stadium of over 27,000 (10,101 + 6,181). 

I have no idea. To all intents and purposes, top tier of Lansdown doesn't appear to be used, I have no idea of the capacity of this area. Also, the club has blocked off certain areas for 'Club members' (or whatever else it's called), further reducing the 'capacity' of the ground to ordinary fans.

1 hour ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

Up until the 3rd, whole swathes of the ground appeared to be occupied due to this seasons ST occupancy. If a ST holder hadn't renewed by the 3rd, I believe their seat then became available to any ST holder (I had to wait to move this week and my old seat has been released) and will then go on general sale this week I believe. If you have it on authority that the club is blocking off seats (not releasing them for general sale), then you are ITK. The club will no doubt start drip feeding ST sales numbers in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

I have no idea. To all intents and purposes, top tier of Lansdown doesn't appear to be used, I have no idea of the capacity of this area. Also, the club has blocked off certain areas for 'Club members' (or whatever else it's called), further reducing the 'capacity' of the ground to ordinary fans.

Up until the 3rd, whole swathes of the ground appeared to be occupied due to this seasons ST occupancy. If a ST holder hadn't renewed by the 3rd, I believe their seat then became available to any ST holder (I had to wait to move this week and my old seat has been released) and will then go on general sale this week I believe. If you have it on authority that the club is blocking off seats (not releasing them for general sale), then you are ITK. The club will no doubt start drip feeding ST sales numbers in the coming weeks.

It's obvious blocks of seats are not being released. The lower half of W11 and W18 are completely "sold out" ...yet these are the extreme end blocks (the least attractive) and no other block in the entire ground has completely sold out the lower half out completely since Monday! not even the central Dolman or Lansdown.

Similarly S19 (the corner ie least attractive SS block is also completely "sold out" yet every other SS block has between 230 and 330 empty seats.

It's not likely that over 1000 new people would snap up every last seat in the least attractive blocks en mass in one day.

They are being kept back for large parties, group booking, etc etc

When I had a S/T in the old Williams B....Half of the adjoining end block A was never offered for sale (even when the ground was selling out when the EE was demolished) and that section would be about half to three quarters full with youth team players, City womens team, Scouts, and what were obviously WAGS and people with "Comps" - they always keep some back

I bit the bullet, if I don't go to City I'll have to spend 'quality time' with the family. Even though I take the kids with me to the football (if I have to suffer why shouldn't they, it's character building), the thought of shopping on a Saturday is more horrific than another year of LJ's tactical masterclasses. 

Sigh

42 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

It's obvious blocks of seats are not being released. The lower half of W11 and W18 are completely "sold out" ...yet these are the extreme end blocks (the least attractive) and no other block in the entire ground has completely sold out the lower half out completely since Monday! not even the central Dolman or Lansdown.

Similarly S19 (the corner ie least attractive SS block is also completely "sold out" yet every other SS block has between 230 and 330 empty seats.

It's not likely that over 1000 new people would snap up every last seat in the least attractive blocks en mass in one day.

They are being kept back for large parties, group booking, etc etc

When I had a S/T in the old Williams B....Half of the adjoining end block A was never offered for sale (even when the ground was selling out when the EE was demolished) and that section would be about half to three quarters full with youth team players, City womens team, Scouts, and what were obviously WAGS and people with "Comps" - they always keep some back

I really don't know where you are getting your data from?

I've just checked: W11(158 seats available - there has been a change of +11 since I checked yesterday), there is no W18 and S19 (267 seats available - there has been a change of -7 since I checked yesterday).

The seat allocation is dynamic e.g. yesterday I moved my seat: before I changed my current seat was shown as taken, after I swapped, my current space was released and the new seat I've taken is shown as unavailable.

I've made my figures available, by all means check them.

For anyone interested, here is the data I can find easily from making a pretty basic query to their site back-end:

name:"A1", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:18, free:0
name:"A10", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:18, free:0
name:"A11", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:18, free:0
name:"A12", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:20, free:0
name:"A13", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:20, free:0
name:"A2", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:18, free:0
name:"A3", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:22, free:0
name:"A4", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:38, free:0
name:"A5", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:10, free:0
name:"A6", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:10, free:0
name:"A7", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:38, free:0
name:"A8", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:58, free:0
name:"A9", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:40, free:0
name:"E28", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:737, free:573
name:"E29", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:947, free:455
name:"E30", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:1084, free:402
name:"E31", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:1055, free:212
name:"E32", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:1084, free:415
name:"E33", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:945, free:441
name:"E34", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:787, free:609
name:"N35", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:648, free:0
name:"N36", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:490, free:0
name:"N37", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:673, free:0
name:"N38", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:673, free:0
name:"N39", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:531, free:0
name:"N40", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:454, free:0
name:"N41", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:391, free:0
name:"S18", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:641, free:0
name:"S19", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:551, free:267
name:"S20", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:729, free:323
name:"S21", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:841, free:228
name:"S22", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:842, free:244
name:"S23", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:841, free:304
name:"S24", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:729, free:236
name:"S25", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:555, free:0
name:"S26", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:488, free:36
name:"S27", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:131, free:106
name:"W1", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:359, free:0
name:"W10", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:188, free:0
name:"W11", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:629, free:158
name:"W12", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:590, free:250
name:"W13", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:715, free:184
name:"W14", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:566, free:0
name:"W15", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:716, free:149
name:"W16", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:651, free:217
name:"W17", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:630, free:185
name:"W2", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:634, free:0
name:"W3", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:520, free:0
name:"W4", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:445, free:0
name:"W5", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:422, free:0
name:"W6", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:445, free:0
name:"W7", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:514, free:29
name:"W8", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:637, free:38
name:"W9", type:"ReservedSeating", capacity:359, free:44

Keep in mind that some areas (Nxxx, W1 - W6) can't be bought yet. The Ax areas are the disabled ones I think?

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

I really don't know where you are getting your data from?

I've just checked: W11(158 seats available - there has been a change of +11 since I checked yesterday), there is no W18 and S19 (267 seats available - there has been a change of -7 since I checked yesterday).

The seat allocation is dynamic e.g. yesterday I moved my seat: before I changed my current seat was shown as taken, after I swapped, my current space was released and the new seat I've taken is shown as unavailable.

I've made my figures available, by all means check them.

typo, I meant W11 and W17 have the front half reserved (but not sold), similarly I meant S18 is the whole block reserved (not sold) as is W10.

The point is not every seat marked unavailable is actually sold to an ST.

On 03/04/2017 at 16:33, steviestevieneville said:

That's what I'm going to do, if he doesn't go after we're relegated I'll cancel. Most contracts have 30 days cooling off period so I presume we will have with season tickets . 

If we are talking consumer rights, then the club (LJ) should be carrying out their side of the contract with reasonable skill and care.

Hmmm. 

On 04/04/2017 at 09:50, harrys said:

Been told they are miles away from the 10,000 that some have mentioned and panic is beginning to set in and they have no intention of releasing any figures yet, someone mentioned 12,000, surely they would be shouting from the roof tops if this were the case? Personally I do not know a single person who has re-newed, I probably will eventually buy one but am really struggling to find the enthusiasm to do it

See @thatcham redpost on here - 

I thought too that a drop in season ticket sales would also influence decision-making. However, whilst everyone on social media is saying that they won't renew their season ticket, 9,100 already have in 2 weeks, that's 65%.

Archived