IGNORED

David Moyes

Super

There was a caller on the radio earlier which sums up the above post. He said thank God he grew up in a generation that wasn't offended by everything and could distinguish banter. David Moyes would be of that same generation. There's no story here, Fake News at its finest.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

There was a caller on the radio earlier which sums up the above post. He said thank God he grew up in a generation that wasn't offended by everything and could distinguish banter. David Moyes would be of that same generation. There's no story here, Fake News at its finest.

Those days have long gone if I threatened a female colleague in work with a slap I would be out of a job. I can't see this going away and see how he can keep his job.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Those days have long gone if I threatened a female colleague in work with a slap I would be out of a job. I can't see this going away and see how he can keep his job.

It could be Sunderland want rid and this could be their escape route by him leaving on a discliplinary matter, save paying up his contract etc. Didn't this happen weeks ago and has only come to light now the FA are involved? 

I'd still have him here in a heartbeat though, maybe their loss is our gain as he will be damaged goods for a while on the strength of this. I don't think even in his situation he will want to drop to League One though :sad26:

oh, I still don't see this incident as a threat by the way. 

12 hours ago, David Brent said:

Can't tell if you're serious or not

I think what super was referring to is that Moyes will get the sack and City can snap him up and send LJ on his merry way...

FWIW, I agree with Dolls. Her gender shouldn't be questioned. What is far more of an issue is the inference of violence which obviously isn't acceptable. Were people offended when SOD did his flappy hand thing and shoved past the reporter? Yes. Because of the outburst. Not because it was a bloke.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

So there was a third party involved?

Apologies, a skinny 53 year old man. The point i'm making is that she was entitled to laugh because he was never going to "slap" her, just like he would not be slapping any male journo's.

Does he have a track record of slapping anyone? - genuine question.

Like most on here I haven't seen/heard the incident. If what was said, was said with malice, he should be on thin ice, if said in humour then wtf is all the debate ?

I personally bow to the views of Dolly on this one.

12 hours ago, Super said:

Some will not find it so funny though.

You'd only say it to someone you know well. Come on, don't play dumb. You know full well that you would never say that to just a stranger. 

They obviously know each other, she has obviously interviewed him before, get along fine, they had a joke, no harm done. No complaints made by either party. 

But some sad git has? How on earth can that be? Unbelievable. 

Christ, there's hardly any personality in post match interviews as it is. There will be even less now. Can't even make a harmless joke without some idiot being offended. 

And yes. If you found that joke offensive, you are an idiot. No two ways about it. 

1 minute ago, Akira said:

You'd only say it to someone you know well. Come on, don't play dumb. You know full well that you would never say that to just a stranger. 

They obviously know each other, she has obviously interviewed him before, get along fine, they had a joke, no harm done. No complaints made by either party. 

But some sad git has? How on earth can that be? Unbelievable. 

Christ, there's hardly any personality in post match interviews as it is. There will be even less now. Can't even make a harmless joke without some idiot being offended. 

And yes. If you found that joke offensive, you are an idiot. No two ways about it. 

He doesn't know her well does he?

Well enough to have a laugh and a joke with, otherwise he wouldn't of made that comment. 

Like I said, they've obviously got a working relationship, she probably interviews him once or twice a month, as with a lot of reporters. You end up building a rapport with a lot of the reporters. 

This is a complete non story, and he's been hung out to dry in my opinion. 

And I find it incredibly hard to believe someone would genuinely get offended by that video, as you can CLEARLY see them joking with one another. 

32 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Apologies, a skinny 53 year old man. The point i'm making is that she was entitled to laugh because he was never going to "slap" her, just like he would not be slapping any male journo's.

Does he have a track record of slapping anyone? - genuine question.

Like most on here I haven't seen/heard the incident. If what was said, was said with malice, he should be on thin ice, if said in humour then wtf is all the debate ?

I personally bow to the views of Dolly on this one.

Was said in complete jest and humour. 

18 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

To be honest if us women want equality (and we do) then Moyes should be able to make the same comment to women reporters as he would to men. Threatening to hit someone isn't ok, but it shouldn't matter if that person is male or female, so her gender shouldn't be brought into it. The only thing that should matter is that he thinks ok to resolve conflict/issues by physical means 

Completely agree Dolly - well said. I can't help but feel that this reaction from a sexism point of view is over the top. The complaint has completely missed the point in that they should have said it's not ok to threaten to hit anyone regardless of their sex. 

Watching the interview this morning it did suggest it was slightly said in jest amongst colleagues who know each other given people were laughing - including the reporter - but Moyes did sound a bit annoyed - guess it depends how you interpret it.

Then another part of me wonders sometimes how much these media sensationalist type news stories go too far. First thing they should have done was check with the reporter to see if she even felt threatened or wanted to complain before doing this. 

18 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

To be honest if us women want equality (and we do) then Moyes should be able to make the same comment to women reporters as he would to men. Threatening to hit someone isn't ok, but it shouldn't matter if that person is male or female, so her gender shouldn't be brought into it. The only thing that should matter is that he thinks ok to resolve conflict/issues by physical means 

Threatening to hit somebody isn't ok if it was a serious threat.

But it appears like, watching the clip was that they knew each other well, and it was a cheeky comment.

The most stupid thing is to say that when cameras are on, cus somebody somewhere will always get offended by literally anything.

• Admin
Just now, cityloyal473 said:

Feel sorry for the guy.  Clearly a joke.

He must have walked under twenty ladders this year.  I he fell into a barrel full of tits he'd come up sucking his own thumb.

He's being hung out to dry now

The media bandwagon is gaining momentum

His career has been a complete disaster since leaving Everton.. i look at him and wonder why the **** carry on, it cant have been enjoyable being him these past few years.. clearly got enough dough tucked away in the bank aswell..id call it a day, fo0k'em!

12 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Feel sorry for the guy.  Clearly a joke.

He must have walked under twenty ladders this year.  If he fell into a barrel full of tits he'd come up sucking his own thumb.

That's one of mine..

I don't mind influencing a young comedian...you're not a comedian, but i usually credit someone if I use their comedy.

Just now, David Brent said:

That's one of mine..

I don't mind influencing a young comedian...you're not a comedian, but i usually credit someone if I use their comedy.

At least you called me young.

Two quick questions: who does your tampons? And who was the Cuban leader who has been in power since 1959?

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Here is a very short snippet....she did seem to find it funny....but it was probably a silly thing to say...

" be careful, you might get a slap even though you are a woman" and the reporter is laughinh or giggling all the time. It was not a serious conversation; my opinion is listening to the video. Has everyone watched the video? Has the deputy minister or who ever she is; has she watched the video? I would make a comment like that to my local servers in the supermarket while having a banter and a laugh! I don't see the seriousness at all in this...

On 03/04/2017 at 13:46, RUSSEL85 said:

I don't understand the outrage. She was blatantly baiting him and got the same response a male reporter would've got.

Just banter that's all it was blown up out of all proportion. Only last week in the news a semi-pro Pakistani cricketer was  in court for hitting his wife with his cricket bat forcing her to drink bleach just gets a suspended sentence. I think poor old David Moyes being hung out to dry,Sunderland look doomed but I hope we will be playing them next year.

17 hours ago, Super said:

Some will not find it so funny though.

But this one did.

what is it with people taking offence on others behalf? Why do you feel so strongly about a matter you know nothing about? For all we know he knew the reporter - I assume people in these roles see a lot of each other before/after games etc.

there are men and women at work that I know I can have a joke with and say pretty much the whatever without causing offence, that is most likely what happened here.

Archived