IGNORED

Can the man not stfu?

frenchred

'Can the man not stfu'

Given he was probably being interviewed at the time it would be a strange thing to not talk. I'm not LJ fan by any means but things like this are really pushing the boat out on things to complain about. 

Just now, Selred said:

All valid points. Don't see what the issue is.

Think you're making an issue out of nothing to be honest.

When a 'leader' needs harmony in a supposedly already split camp, do you think this is a wise statement? It's negative, again! Surely things like this shouldn't be put in the public domain? What can it possibly do positively?

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

When a 'leader' needs harmony in a supposedly already split camp, do you think this is a wise statement? It's negative, again! Surely things like this shouldn't be put in the public domain? What can it possibly do positively?

The Post have twisted the title for it to be negative. Look at the positives:

"Matty Taylor probably could have scored five or six since he’s been at the club, and that’s a good sign"

"I’m really happy with our signings for the long-term"

"Jens Hegeler's... a fantastic player and particularly one that we want to build around next season"

"Overall I’m very pleased with our January signings and it’s no fluke that our form has improved and we want to continue that over the final seven games".

Jesus look at Mourinho's comments on Luke Shaw today. Don't just criticise LJ over everything.

Just now, Selred said:

"Matty Taylor probably could have scored five or six since he’s been at the club, and that’s a good sign"

"Jens Hegeler's... a fantastic player and particularly one that we want to build around next season"

"Overall I’m very pleased with our January signings and it’s no fluke that our form has improved and we want to continue that over the final seven games".

Jesus look at Mourinho's comments on Luke Shaw today. Don't just criticise LJ over everything.

Fair comment Selred but LJ can't do anything right atm as far as I'm concerned. i just want him gone TBH.

38 minutes ago, Selred said:

All valid points. Don't see what the issue is.

Think you're making an issue out of nothing to be honest.

Welcome to OTIB the past few months. I get it we've been poor but any little stick will be used towards LJ at the moment. Missing sitters isn't good and a little pressure on him to do better won't hurt. If it does then maybe football isn't a game for him. 

So he wants to build the team around a player he doesn't start. 

And says he wants Magnusson to score free kicks for us like he did for Iceland. But drops him fo Joe Bryan who was at fault for both goals on Saturday. 

This is not too soon after signing Giefer was a 'huge coup' and he's a 'Bundesliga number 1' (despite playing 2 games for Schalke). Who is now also been dropped.

I need another lie down 

HMMMM.... "Overall I’m very pleased with our January signings and it’s no fluke that our form has improved". He must think we're all stupid. 

Cotterill and Wright. He's dropped (or been without) all the others, reverting to largely a side that pre-dated his arrival for that upturn in form. 

And on that form - it's now 5 wins in 6 months. Hardly nose bleed territory.

Just to add:-

You can't blame LJ for Taylor missing an open goal.

It is obvious to all that the fault lies with the striking coach, who should be sacked with IMMEDIATE effect.

Who is the idiot anyway?? Kicking the ball into the net is basics.

:grr:

tfj

1 hour ago, Tears in rain said:

I find it more interesting he wants to build around Hegeler to be honest, more on that please.

Who would Hegeler replace ? 

Will Hegeler stay at the club if we go down ? 

Somehow I doubt it .

I'm a Bundesliga and Champions League player , The English third division ? Yes please .

Any chance to continue working with the boy genius , Das ist gut , ja ? 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Say he wants Magnusson to score free kicks for us like he did for Iceland. But drops him fo Joe Bryan who was at fault for both goals on Saturday. 

Oh so he should of dropped Bryan on Saturday who didn't play any games for 2 weeks so was fully fit and won a pen and played very well in his last game vs Huddersfield?  

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Who would Hegeler replace ? 

Will Hegeler stay at the club if we go down ? 

Somehow I doubt it .

I'm a Bundesliga and Champions League player , The English third division ? Yes please .

Any chance to continue working with the boy genius , Das ist gut , ja ? 

My thoughts as well we go down I really don't think he will be here! 

Stay up then fair enough, but if he wants to build around him why didn't he do it recently? 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

This is not too soon after signing Giefer was a 'huge coup' and he's a 'Bundesliga number 1' (despite playing 2 games for Schalke). Who is now also been dropped.

Has Giefer been dropped? He initially was out through an eye injury and FF has kept his place because he's not done much (anything?) wrong. LJ would almost certainly be getting criticised if he had restored Giefer.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

HMMMM.... "Overall I’m very pleased with our January signings and it’s no fluke that our form has improved". He must think we're all stupid. 

Cotterill and Wright. He's dropped (or been without) all the others, reverting to largely a side that pre-dated his arrival for that upturn in form. 

And on that form - it's now 5 wins in 6 months. Hardly nose bleed territory.

Quite.

Djuric, Hegeler, Geifer, Taylor - four that he chucked in immediately, only to remove them again: think he'll find our form improved after that time, and being only Cotts and Wright get regular starts now, that's an appalling hit rate on new signings making an impact.

We're back to relying on the lads who got us here in the main; Korey, Flint, Fielding, Bryan, Pack, even last season's hero Tomlin, and Wilbraham have been far more involved than many of the new boys.

What makes it worse is this chat about 'settling in'; most of the players (Taylor being the exception) are from a similar or higher level, and to throw them in, pull them out, then say they need to adjust?  Don't know about anyone else, but personally think the side need to adjust to the likes of Hegeler's early performances, not the other way around.

That said; LJ did get asked about this stuff, he didn't offer it up independently, so while he might be talking mince, not like he wasn't prompted.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Mourinho can single out a player or manage however he likes, because if any player confronts him on this, Mourinho can show him his medals. He can say, I know what I am doing, and how to win. Do as I say (two Champions League wins really help with this sort of thing).

Can Lee Johnson do this?

Oh, and nice to have what you think about LJ's comments but it is what Taylor thinks that matters. And what the rest think about the coach doing this. Again.

And some people still think the players just don't show up for all these defeats.

49 minutes ago, Selred said:

Oh so he should of dropped Bryan on Saturday who didn't play any games for 2 weeks so was fully fit and won a pen and played very well in his last game vs Huddersfield?  

Fairly sure I didn't say that...

Magnusson is 2x the player of Bryan this season. 

You can't come out and say a player needs to do X/Y/Z on the pitch if you aren't even playing him. It's not even bad management - it's pure piss taking. 

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

If Taylor had been given a run in the team and was still missing chances then I would definitely be questioning his contribution. But he hasn't.

EXACTLY spot on. he comes on too late and ends up snatching at chances because he is so anxious to prove a point. Get him in from the start along side Tammy and KEEP him in and i bet you'd see a different MT. Whenever I've seen him, he ;looks a real menace and handful . trouble is LJ doesn't recognise his ass from his elbow at the moment and it is starting to ruin any player. I am absolutely certain that his squad was good enough to stay up, but the coach is proving not to be.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

EXACTLY spot on. he comes on too late and ends up snatching at chances because he is so anxious to prove a point. Get him in from the start along side Tammy and KEEP him in and i bet you'd see a different MT. Whenever I've seen him, he ;looks a real menace and handful . trouble is LJ doesn't recognise his ass from his elbow at the moment and it is starting to ruin any player. I am absolutely certain that his squad was good enough to stay up, but the coach is proving not to be.

The higher the level the less chances you get to prove yourself. He needs to handle the pressure not snatch at chances because he isn't being given them. If Matty Taylor scores 5 instead of 2 we would see him more often. He was a cheap punt and one that can still come good but at the moment he isn't better than Tammy and doesn't bring the same presence of Djuric or Wilbraham. He's a luxury that needs to work hard and produce to play. 

Archived