IGNORED

Anybody travel regularly by car to Bristol from Essex

ESSEX ROBIN

Hi is there anybody who goes by car from Essex not far from Southend to home matches I am a member but am thinking of a season ticket if someone goes regular from Essex as due to engineering works on trains at the weekend makes it no value to go by train as can only get to so many home games a season I am in my early fiftys so might not appeal to the younger generation happy to share petrol costs etc

Thanks im about 12 miles from southend Stanford le hope small village nobodys heard of so easier to say Southend its a hour to London  I know I was even at the gate for the Tuesday Brentford game surprised me how bad we were in the first half saturday

1 hour ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

Hi is there anybody who goes by car from Essex not far from Southend to home matches I am a member but am thinking of a season ticket if someone goes regular from Essex as due to engineering works on trains at the weekend makes it no value to go by train as can only get to so many home games a season I am in my early fiftys so might not appeal to the younger generation happy to share petrol costs etc

I have sent you a PM

Hi Essex Robin,

I live in Southend and have just renewed my season ticket.

This season I have tended to stay with family in Somerset when back for matches, to break up the drive more than anything.

I'm yet to do the round trip in a day but I'm not sure what my work situation is going to be next season so might have to start doing so, if so would gladly share journey to split costs.

Wouldn't be able to guarantee how many matches I could make though so don't want influence you shelling out for a ST then not being much use if work restricts me haha!

Cheers

Steve

that's great of you to reply I wanted a season ticket last year but have done right just staying a member as there are a lot of engineer works so saved a fair bit of money I have stayed over for a few midweek games works out dear that way as well :laugh: I would be interested if you need a passenger even for the odd games thanks again my email is royfoord@sky.com ill always reply

Archived