IGNORED

Lansdown - you're a failure

SouthStand Sandwich

Please wake the hell up Steve, you must soon see what I and many others saw 3 months ago; Your man is hopeless please give us hope and drop the fool now

This was said in hope alas, knowing that you and him will never admit they were wrong but seem quite happy to see thousands walking away in absolute disgust :sign09:

If you'd've started a thread with this title a couple of months ago you would have got dozens of posters jumping down your throat and defending SL (I should know, that's what happened to me when I voiced my displeasure at him). But they're getting fewer and fewer in numbers now. Speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

If you'd've started a thread with this title a couple of months ago you would have got dozens of posters jumping down your throat and defending SL (I should know, that's what happened to me when I voiced my displeasure at him). But they're getting fewer and fewer in numbers now. Speaks volumes.

I'd of been one of them, and up until this debacle I think the balance was favourable, however the handling of this crisis has been disastrous. 

1 hour ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

A failure in football ... we believed in you so much but I can't take anymore of this... utter disgrace - you should be ashamed of appointing those 2 muppets... 

Yes I agree he's got it wrong with LJ. He got it right with Cotts!!!

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

Do you think for one second he became so successful in business by making such poor decisions?

If SL applied his business brain to this LJ would be gone. 

evidently Hargreaves has the brains in their busines. 

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

A weak weak man when it comes to sacking people!! He was mr nice cop at H & L. 

I think you'll find he was and still is, an accountant. People have often stated that he was/is an astute businessman, personally I think it was Hargreaves that was the driving force of that partnership. Mr Lansdown made sure the figures stacked up and the relevant HMRC forms were filed correctly and on time.

It would appear to me that, the staff appointments over the period of his tenure at AG, have been inexperienced and generally weak characters that agreed with him and kept their jobs. Those with a little more balls and experience, Sextone, Cotterill, Pembo, were replaced by younger less experienced, (cheaper) employees after standing up and stating what was actually needed.

I believe that only a common protest (a great amount of supporters not going to the next match) could open his eyes.

However, this won't happen, probably because of the conflictual feelings of many supporters (duty to support the team, no matter how worrying the situation is).

That being said, at this point of the season, even a protest could turn out to be useless, in terms of survival.

7 minutes ago, shelts said:

Yes I agree he's got it wrong with LJ. He got it right with Cotts!!!

Mate, it's been failure after failure. By his own standards, winning promotion again  (!) from division 3 is not success. 

It's been bullshit for almost 10 years.

Hes a billionaire who talks about his premier league dream but u have seen absolutely nothing to demonstrate that.

Who cares about a ******* stand? Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Blackpool, Bradford, Oldham, Swindon, qpr, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Fulham, Wimbledon???????

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Cotts had to go. His replacement has to go. 

Why did he have to go though?

He had what? 6 months after winning 2 trophies.

IMO he was being frustrated in the market by our oh so glorious owners. He can only work with what he's got.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Mate, it's been failure after failure. By his own standards, winning promotion again  (!) from division 3 is not success. 

It's been bullshit for almost 10 years.

Hes a billionaire who talks about his premier league dream but u have seen absolutely nothing to demonstrate that.

Who cares about a ******* stand? Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Blackpool, Bradford, Oldham, Swindon, qpr, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Fulham, Wimbledon???????

I don't see it quite that way but I see your point. Not all the good work is seen. I'm seeing the most gutless, spineless overpaid prima donnas in our club history

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think you'll find he was and still is, an accountant. People have often stated that he was/is an astute businessman, personally I think it was Hargreaves that was the driving force of that partnership. Mr Lansdown made sure the figures stacked up and the relevant HMRC forms were filed correctly and on time.

It would appear to me that, the staff appointments over the period of his tenure at AG, have been inexperienced and generally weak characters that agreed with him and kept their jobs. Those with a little more balls and experience, Sextone, Cotterill, Pembo, were replaced by younger less experienced, (cheaper) employees after standing up and stating what was actually needed.

Often wondered why he's so successful. He doesn't come across as the businessman type I'm familiar with. Quite shy in fact. Maybe Hargreaves explains this away. 

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Why did he have to go though?

He had what? 6 months after winning 2 trophies.

IMO he was being frustrated in the market by our oh so glorious owners. He can only work with what he's got.

All about opinions and it's easy to go back to the past.  Unfortunately he was his own worst enemy . 

Just now, shelts said:

All about opinions and it's easy to go back to the past.  Unfortunately he was his own worst enemy . 

Tis, and I have my own. I would disagree with you on that one.

I can fully understand his gripes, as to me it was obvious his hands were tied when it came to transfers. What has happened since has shown that the board have their own ideas on who we should be buying. Not showing to be correct.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Often wondered why he's so successful. He doesn't come across as the businessman type I'm familiar with. Quite shy in fact. Maybe Hargreaves explains this away. 

What I have seen and heard from Hargreaves, proves conclusively to me that, he was the driving force in their partnership. A real bull and straight talking with it. That's not to say that Mr Lansdown didn't contribute, he obviously has certain attributes which made that concern successful.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

What I have seen and heard from Hargreaves, proves conclusively to me that, he was the driving force in their partnership. A real bull and straight talking with it. That's not to say that Mr Lansdown didn't contribute, he obviously has certain attributes which made that concern successful.

Someone has to make the tea and walk to the postbox in any new business. 

SL comes across as a nice bloke, he just mumbles like a shrinking violet as public persona for me. Unusual for a driven businessman. 

Archived