IGNORED

This man has set us back years

The Nest Egg

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

This is where we slightly disagree. I'm of the opinon that Lansdown has cocked up ever since the January window in 2008. 

The club has never focused on the football. He has spent money in all the wrong places.

10 years of failure. 

Totally agreed, if we had strengthened in our championshion play off final year we would have gone up automatically...!!! History now!!!

12 hours ago, 054123 said:

If you were trying to reach the premier league, then it costs more than he's spent. 

I've posted elsewhere that of he was honest I could get on board with it.

He wants to get there but all he does is try shortcuts or attempt some form of 'The Bristol City Way'. There is no 'Bristol City Way'- we are as average as a club can get. Employing ex players that we are too sentimental to just results in the mediocre leading the mediocre and the cycle repeats itself.

After the League One Promotion campaign, I believed we finally gotten over that four year spell or so of constantly being poor, with players with no desire to play for the club. Some how, I didn't think that spell could be any worse, I was wrong. The worse part is it's happened again so quickly, this football club really does not learn from it's past behaviour. 

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

After the League One Promotion campaign, I believed we finally gotten over that four year spell or so of constantly being poor, with players with no desire to play for the club. Some how, I didn't think that spell could be any worse, I was wrong. The worse part is it's happened again so quickly, this football club really does not learn from it's past behaviour. 

Completely agree with you @Red_Wizard I thought the corner had been turned

There WAS a real feelgood factor about the place - how has it gotten so bad so quickly AGAIN ?

11 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

It's not Johnson who has set us back. I mean, it is. He is woeful at this level but I've never doubted he is trying his best. The real issue is the poor leadership of this club. It's no coincidence that both City and the Rugby team look like going down this year. Something has been attempted on the cheap albeit for admirable reasons; sadly though, sustainable, gradual improvement can only be attempted with one position filled by real talent. A talent that costs money in the shape of a seasoned, talented manager. Picking Johnson because he was cheap was a mistake but fine it was done. The real travesty was not correcting that decision months ago out of sheer stubbornness. Well, we are reaping what we sow. My highest priority is no longer survival in the Champ but seeing Johnson sacked before next season.

Makes no difference if Johnson is trying his best. His best is not good enough, and he should've done the noble thing and resigned months ago

12 hours ago, hodge said:

Understandable, my only worry is that as can be seen on here the feeling of Lansdown needing to sell up and move on becoming more than just a small minority. Most of these call are coming from us having one (very) bad season, if this feeling were to transfer to the fan base as a whole who knows what we could land ourselves with instead. 

Hold hard of nurse for fear of something worse is the philosophy of despair

I am hopeful and positive that there are better owners than SL and far far better models than BS

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Completely agree with you @Red_Wizard I thought the corner had been turned

There WAS a real feelgood factor about the place - how has it gotten so bad so quickly AGAIN ?

By employing an unproven head coach and giving him an empty cheque book. That's how its gotten so bad so quickly again.  And this time I think there's more to come (bad).  This guy has done long term damage to the club with his ineptness.

13 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

This is no longer Johnson's fault.

Steve lansdown is firmly to blame

13 hours ago, 054123 said:

10 years of failure, why is it taking so long for everyone to see it?

He's a billionaire and we can't keep out of division 3. 

He's talks a great game but can't deliver.

People think he saved us from something, what??

What would be different if he wasn't here and others were in place?

It's just a ******* failure.

Really? SL has made us an established Championship club, dont you know?

13 hours ago, hodge said:

Every manager has been backed financially, if he removes himself from decision making in hiring managers then there's not much more you could ask of him really. 

But he seems incapable of doing so.

Infact Id worry he is expressing more and more control over the playing side then he ever has before. Its getting worse not better.

15 hours ago, 054123 said:

10 years of failure, why is it taking so long for everyone to see it?

He's a billionaire and we can't keep out of division 3. 

He's talks a great game but can't deliver.

People think he saved us from something, what??

What would be different if he wasn't here and others were in place?

It's just a ******* failure.

Because he wants the Formula 1 car, but instead of going for a proven driver with experience of racing at the required level he want to use pete the taxi driver.

55 minutes ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

I cant understand why cotts wasn't given this amount of time to tur it around after the previous season he gave us the players were all behind him and it was some of the best times ive had as a city fan

Indeed, and as a confirmed SC fan, the unshakeable feeling that SL couldn't wait for an excuse to get rid of Cotts, followed by the utterly predictable debacle overseen by an atrocious pipsqueak as his replacement, not fit to to lace SC's boots in a managerial sense, makes the whole miserable affair all the more insufferable.

If ANY City manager had earnt the support of the board in trying times it was Double Winner Cotterill, instead that backing has gone to a done-nothing failure.

20 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I respect SL for what he's done for this club, I don't hate him but enough is enough

What has he done for the club? I think I've missed it.

If you want to talk about his investment in BCFC then I'm afraid I don't agree. He's not been philanthropic - he's invested. And secured his investment by now owning all he looks out over as he flies in whenever he does.

He's done **** all for the benefit of BCFC and it's supporters. What he's done is for his own benefit.

He's had us over.

16 hours ago, Warwickshire Red said:

LJ out

MA out

SL - start looking for a buyer please. Sad to say but despite the obvious investment off the pitch, you've taken this club as far as you can on it and it's time for new leadership. 

He won't do that because that means splitting up Bristol Sport. If he does though, then who will buy a club with no assets? Ground isn't ours so would have to be a paying tenant.

4 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

If you want to talk about his investment in BCFC then I'm afraid I don't agree. He's not been philanthropic - he's invested. And secured his investment by now owning all he looks out over as he flies in whenever he does.

He's done **** all for the benefit of BCFC and it's supporters. What he's done is for his own benefit.

He's had us over.

:clap::clap: At last someone has said it

29 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

:clap::clap: At last someone has said it

Thing is I've been saying it for ages.

He has no interest in BCFC. His only interest is basking in his own glory. Bristol Sport and Making Bristol Proud and is a sham.

Quite why he's done what he's done is unfathomable. Knighthood perhaps? Diversified investment portfolio and income stream for his offspring?

Nothing short of a bloody disgrace.

How I wish I could go back to the days of sitting on a box, balanced on a crash barrier in the Enclosure with my dad.

Where was Lansdown then?

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

He's had us over.

I guess that's a way of looking at it. But I guess I'm thinking where would we be without him? I guess hindsight and what ifs don't really matter, we're in the shit and it's time to act up or **** off

5 hours ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

I cant understand why cotts wasn't given this amount of time to tur it around after the previous season he gave us the players were all behind him and it was some of the best times ive had as a city fan

Because he wasn't mates with SL. Sadly, it really is that easy.

22 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Whether this idiot stays or goes, it doesn't matter. The damage has been done. We were not a fashionable club for players anyway, but any sliver of reputation we had is gone now. We are the definition of second division failure. Other chairmen sack their managers if the do badly against us- we are the true whipping boys of this league. Most of Johnson's signings have been expensive failures. It's like we did a condensed version of our last time in the Championship in just two seasons; only without the best bit in the playoff final. I reached apathy ages ago, and unfortunately we have just become the definition of 'jobs for the boys'. I don't see this leaving with Lansdown in charge. He likes his yes men and seems to think that we care if he gets along with them. Maybe he should busy himself with the new Bristol Sport backgammon team or whatever they are doing now.

We will be relegated and decline in L1. And the saddest part is that while the fans do not deserve it, the club, players and staff all do. Sadly, they'll stay in the financially lucrative circlejerk that is Bristol City Football Club.

I thought Rotherham were the whipping boys of this league.

Just now, FramptonRed said:

I thought Rotherham were the whipping boys of this league.

They're practically not in this league- they were prepped for relegation from day one and barely spent anything. We, on the other hand, spent 15m to get here. I think that makes us much worse. It should also be noted that despite their lack of investment and fashion they stayed in this division for 3 years, while should we go down this season we only managed 2.

21 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Lansdown is a ******* clown.

He's made more money than I'll ever have but as I've been saying for ages he has no real interest in BCFC. I've given up trying to work out what he wants but he's had BCFC over good and proper.

And so have these assholes.

IMG_9664.JPG

The young guy behind that Brentford banner has a real look of hatred and contempt in his eyes towards Jnr and Asston.

22 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Nope, another lansdown decision.

Wrong people in the wrong jobs.

If city were an oil refinery it would blown up ages ago killing everyone 

:clap:

THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is a PROPER post.

Sums the situation up nicely.

:clap:

Well done that man.

tfj  :protest:

Archived