IGNORED

This man has set us back years

The Nest Egg

Whether this idiot stays or goes, it doesn't matter. The damage has been done. We were not a fashionable club for players anyway, but any sliver of reputation we had is gone now. We are the definition of second division failure. Other chairmen sack their managers if the do badly against us- we are the true whipping boys of this league. Most of Johnson's signings have been expensive failures. It's like we did a condensed version of our last time in the Championship in just two seasons; only without the best bit in the playoff final. I reached apathy ages ago, and unfortunately we have just become the definition of 'jobs for the boys'. I don't see this leaving with Lansdown in charge. He likes his yes men and seems to think that we care if he gets along with them. Maybe he should busy himself with the new Bristol Sport backgammon team or whatever they are doing now.

We will be relegated and decline in L1. And the saddest part is that while the fans do not deserve it, the club, players and staff all do. Sadly, they'll stay in the financially lucrative circlejerk that is Bristol City Football Club.

5 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

This is no longer Johnson's fault.

Steve lansdown is firmly to blame

10 years of failure, why is it taking so long for everyone to see it?

He's a billionaire and we can't keep out of division 3. 

He's talks a great game but can't deliver.

People think he saved us from something, what??

What would be different if he wasn't here and others were in place?

It's just a ******* failure.

Just now, 054123 said:

10 years of failure, why is it taking so long for everyone to see it?

He's a billionaire and we can't keep out of division 3. 

He's talks a great game but can't deliver.

People think he saved us from something, what??

What would be different if he wasn't here and others were in place?

It's just a ******* failure.

Tbh I still say better the devil you know then the devil you don't. The only change should be that he should completely step away from any decision making to do with the playing aspect of the club.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Lansdown is a ******* clown.

He's made more money than I'll ever have but as I've been saying for ages he has no real interest in BCFC. I've given up trying to work out what he wants but he's had BCFC over good and proper.

And so have these assholes.

IMG_9664.JPG

:clap:

Just now, hodge said:

Tbh I still say better the devil you know then the devil you don't. The only change should be that he should completely step away from any decision making to do with the playing aspect of the club.

I know you're right but it's such a let down. 

I'd be pissing myself if I was a gas head. 

There's is a failure based on good ground. 

Ours is totally inexcusable.

Just now, 054123 said:

I know you're right but it's such a let down. 

I'd be pissing myself if I was a gas head. 

There's is a failure based on good ground. 

Ours is totally inexcusable.

Understandable, my only worry is that as can be seen on here the feeling of Lansdown needing to sell up and move on becoming more than just a small minority. Most of these call are coming from us having one (very) bad season, if this feeling were to transfer to the fan base as a whole who knows what we could land ourselves with instead. 

Just now, hodge said:

Understandable, my only worry is that as can be seen on here the feeling of Lansdown needing to sell up and move on becoming more than just a small minority. Most of these call are coming from us having one (very) bad season, if this feeling were to transfer to the fan base as a whole who knows what we could land ourselves with instead. 

This is where we slightly disagree. I'm of the opinon that Lansdown has cocked up ever since the January window in 2008. 

The club has never focused on the football. He has spent money in all the wrong places.

10 years of failure. 

Just now, 054123 said:

This is where we slightly disagree. I'm of the opinon that Lansdown has cocked up ever since the January window in 2008. 

The club has never focused on the football. He has spent money in all the wrong places.

10 years of failure. 

Every manager has been backed financially, if he removes himself from decision making in hiring managers then there's not much more you could ask of him really. 

24 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

This is no longer Johnson's fault.

Steve lansdown is firmly to blame

Totally agree. Lansdown has proved time and time again he is not fit for purpose when selecting Managers. But it is his toy and no one else is allowed to play. It is an insult to City fans.

It's not Johnson who has set us back. I mean, it is. He is woeful at this level but I've never doubted he is trying his best. The real issue is the poor leadership of this club. It's no coincidence that both City and the Rugby team look like going down this year. Something has been attempted on the cheap albeit for admirable reasons; sadly though, sustainable, gradual improvement can only be attempted with one position filled by real talent. A talent that costs money in the shape of a seasoned, talented manager. Picking Johnson because he was cheap was a mistake but fine it was done. The real travesty was not correcting that decision months ago out of sheer stubbornness. Well, we are reaping what we sow. My highest priority is no longer survival in the Champ but seeing Johnson sacked before next season.

Archived