IGNORED

Magnusson has to take complete responsibility in my view...

LondonBristolian

Not just for all five goals conceded last night, including the 3 where he was not on the pitch. I also hope he accepts he was at fault in the Suez Crisis, the Panama Affair, the dot-com bubble and the financial crash.

Who knows what other damage this man has done whilst seemingly being in a position where they were not able to influence events? 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not just for all five goals conceded last night, including the 3 where he was not on the pitch. I also hope he accepts he was at fault in the Suez Crisis, the Panama Affair, the dot-com bubble and the financial crash.

Who knows what other damage this man has done whilst seemingly being in a position where they were not able to influence events? 

What did he actually say about Mags? Can't see it anywhere.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I switched off shortly into the second half. Did he bring Magners on at LB or switch to a back 3?

9 minutes ago, Super said:

In the Radio Bristol post-match interview one of his first comments was to the effect that Magnusson spent half his time lying on the floor and needed to toughen up...it doesn't appear to be available to listen to again on the BBC Radio pages. What struck me was that it didn't seem a considered view, he didn't appear to offer that as an answer to why the whole match had gone wrong, rather Horder was picked out as an example of a player who'd not been up to the challenge. Which sounded to me like casually throwing a young player under the bus for want of anything else to say...cowardly given that there is no way that Horder can ever reply to the accusation.

I listened to the interview last night and it seemed LJ was prepared to deflect the blame in any direction he could.

Obviously the players had a massive part to play in the humiliating loss but a manager comes out, sucks it all up and takes it on the chin, tonight he sounded desperate to pin the blame on anyone.

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

In the Radio Bristol post-match interview one of his first comments was to the effect that Magnusson spent half his time lying on the floor and needed to toughen up...it doesn't appear to be available to listen to again on the BBC Radio pages. What struck me was that it didn't seem a considered view, he didn't appear to offer that as an answer to why the whole match had gone wrong, rather Horder was picked out as an example of a player who'd not been up to the challenge. Which sounded to me like casually throwing a young player under the bus for want of anything else to say...cowardly given that there is no way that Horder can ever reply to the accusation.

The bigger they are the Hordur they fall .

4 minutes ago, The_Don said:

I listened to the interview last night and it seemed LJ was prepared to deflect the blame in any direction he could.

Obviously the players had a massive part to play in the humiliating loss but a manager comes out, sucks it all up and takes it on the chin, tonight he sounded desperate to pin the blame on anyone.

It's learnt behaviour from LJ.

Didn't here it but sounds like scapegoating & possibly bulling, not the first time he has singled out Maggers I think. I wonder if there are similarities with Matthew's as in how LJ relates, treats him. One of the many question marks re LJ's man management skills possibly. I know this is getting boring but he needs to go!

I was behind the appointment of LJ, but the more I hear week by week the more I just cant believe he is a manager of any football club, let alone a Championship club.

Doesnt matter what you think, you do not publicly single out players like this, every flaming week!

Magnusson is:

1. Tall.

2. Cute/handsome.

3. A footballer at this level on merit. And an international footballer.

4. Very popular with City fans.

The head coach has many reasons to dislike Hordur, whether he is aware of this or not.

18 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Spot on - said he wasn't strong enough

Im amazed that a player hasn't gone (physically) at Johnson, I know it's come close , surprised it hasn't happened

I was shocked and angered at how he singled out Mags. Totally unprofessional. Those things stay in the dressing room. The game was dead by then, Last night was a total embarrassment. I have followed this club for 46 years and will continue to do so but I'd love 5 minutes with SL and LJ to vent how I truly feel. Maybe we will all get the chance on Saturday. Club before individuals. As Mr Spock said 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one'.

brando failure.jpg

35 minutes ago, Super said:

"He spent half the time on the floor" then something about needing to be stronger.

And people still cannot work out what is going on!

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

"He spent half the time on the floor" then something about needing to be stronger.

And people still cannot work out what is going on!

The point is when you know you've got the unwavering, and frankly mind boggling, support of the only man that can get rid of you then you can say whatever you want. Its the 8 year old little bully in the school yard who mouths off to everyone knowing that he's got the 6 foot 12 year old stood behind him...Johnson and Lansdown are cowards in reality and BOTH are killing this club.

Manager Lee Johnson said: "It's devastating, isn't it? It's frustrating - (I'm) angry.

"I thought in the first half we played some excellent football. I thought we were the better side and were unlucky to come in 1-0 down.

"But it's just in those moments we need to be tougher - whether it be balls coming into the box, whether it be finishing, whether it be 50-50 tackles.

"That's what we said in (the dressing room) because let's be honest, in that 20-minute spell in the second half we capitulated.

"Even the subs who came on - (Hordur Bjorgvin) Magnusson came on and spent half the time on the floor. He's got to be tougher. He's got to be stronger. Nobody can really say they've had a good game, particularly in the second half.

"But it's so frustrating because we weren't that bad in the first half. We did have opportunities, we played some good football and players were on their game."

http://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-bristol-c/358585

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You forgot about Brexit and Trump!

6 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Jay Jay said "Johnson is an unprincipled turd. Granted only a small turd but a turd nonetheless."

Our problem is that he's one turd who can never be polished!

One does good business when one rids oneself of a turd

33 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I was behind the appointment of LJ, but the more I hear week by week the more I just cant believe he is a manager of any football club, let alone a Championship club.

Doesnt matter what you think, you do not publicly single out players like this, every flaming week!

Indeed. What angers me is it is basically destroying the confidence and morale of a promising young player purely in order for the manager to save his own skin. Anyone who does that cannot call themselves a manager or a head coach or anything other than a bully and a coward. And they certainly cannot care for the future of the club.

If deliberately devaluing a £3 million investment the board made earlier in the season is not considered by the boards grounds for dismissal, I do not know what else will be.

Furthermore, even in shirking responsibility, he has inadvertently acknowledged he is to blame. If the players lack mental toughness then that either means he has signed the wrong players or - and this is my suspicion - destroyed their confidence until all resilience is knocked out of them.

As far as I am concerned it is not a matter of opinion, it is not a discussion and it is not a debate. He has to go today.

18 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Manager Lee Johnson said: "It's devastating, isn't it? It's frustrating - (I'm) angry.

"I thought in the first half we played some excellent football. I thought we were the better side and were unlucky to come in 1-0 down.

"But it's just in those moments we need to be tougher - whether it be balls coming into the box, whether it be finishing, whether it be 50-50 tackles.

"That's what we said in (the dressing room) because let's be honest, in that 20-minute spell in the second half we capitulated.

"Even the subs who came on - (Hordur Bjorgvin) Magnusson came on and spent half the time on the floor. He's got to be tougher. He's got to be stronger. Nobody can really say they've had a good game, particularly in the second half.

"But it's so frustrating because we weren't that bad in the first half. We did have opportunities, we played some good football and players were on their game."

http://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-bristol-c/358585

Isn't that how the little turd spent most of his playing career?

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. What angers me is it is basically destroying the confidence and morale of a promising young player purely in order for the manager to save his own skin. Anyone who does that cannot call themselves a manager or a head coach or anything other than a bully and a coward. And they certainly cannot care for the future of the club.

If deliberately devaluing a £3 million investment the board made earlier in the season is not considered by the boards grounds for dismissal, I do not know what else will be.

Furthermore, even in shirking responsibility, he has inadvertently acknowledged he is to blame. If the players lack mental toughness then that either means he has signed the wrong players or - and this is my suspicion - destroyed their confidence until all resilience is knocked out of them.

As far as I am concerned it is not a matter of opinion, it is not a discussion and it is not a debate. He has to go today.

Totally agree. So many of our very talented young players appear totally lacking in confidence.

Tammy, and he is only nineteen and not even our player, was a shining light last night and absolutely devastated at the end.

Archived