IGNORED

What is the matter with people on here?

Bristol_Badger

Just now, 1953 said:

I can only assume he has some pretty damning photographs of someone locked away to have been able to survive this mess. More than Cotts and McInnes had.

They are in the fourth locker on the left at Temple Meads

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

We are still in with a survival chance. I do not want to be watching derbies against the gyppoes next season. A new manager bounce might be just what is needed to do that - even if that new manager is GON or someone else at the club acting on a temporary basis. We're down with Johnson, we need to roll the dice. A longer-term manager can be sorted out in the summer. 

:clap::clap: Exactly RR but will Lansdown have the balls to do it considering his past appointments

9 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I don't see the case for criticising the fans for wanting him sacked with such a short space of time left in the season. The vast majority wanted him gone on January and haven't changed their mind at any stage since.

Will we attract anybody sane to come in in this situation? No, I would very highly doubt it.

Do I think his removal and replacement by literally anybody (apart from the myth that is Dean Holden I guess) would give us a better chance? Yes I do.

For example,  I have no idea if Wilbraham has any coaching qualifications and whether it is something he wants to do when he retires. I do however believe that unlike our current Head 'Coach' he would have the respect of the dressing room and actually get the players to lift a leg on a Saturday afternoon. That by the way, is no way excusing the players who I think are a disgrace.

I don't see the argument that we can't sack him because it's so late in the season as I fail to see how we can do worse. We all know anybody running the club who had any knowledge of football/the actual best interests of the club at heart should and would have got rid of him months ago. Just because now is less than ideal doesn't mean we have to  just suck it up.

Johnson out.

Wish I could like this more than once.

Sack the snake now.

Just now, oldstandrobin said:

:clap::clap: Exactly RR but will Lansdown have the balls to do it considering his past appointments

As ever with City, we can but hope OSR. 

Supporting our club over the decades gives you the  perfect psychological armour to deal with the disappointments of everyday life!

bearded red. The problem is that when you get beat game after game throughout most of the season, the pressure builds and morale seeps away. The players are down and dejected. They need a lift and that can only come from a change at the top. Lansdown has to realise that he's given Johnson more than enough time to turn things around and he has failed. Lansdown now has to be thinking, do I carry on supporting a failed manager or support the 17/18 thousand fans who watch the home games plus those fantastic fans who travel away. That should be a simple decision to make. It's not to late to get someone like Pardew in who should be told to lift morale and get the players motivated. With his pedigree the players would listen to him and get a major boost. Pay the guy a chunk of money but for it to be doubled/ trebled or whatever it takes, if he keeps us up. 

16 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I don't see the case for criticising the fans for wanting him sacked with such a short space of time left in the season. The vast majority wanted him gone on January and haven't changed their mind at any stage since.

Will we attract anybody sane to come in in this situation? No, I would very highly doubt it.

Do I think his removal and replacement by literally anybody (apart from the myth that is Dean Holden I guess) would give us a better chance? Yes I do.

For example,  I have no idea if Wilbraham has any coaching qualifications and whether it is something he wants to do when he retires. I do however believe that unlike our current Head 'Coach' he would have the respect of the dressing room and actually get the players to lift a leg on a Saturday afternoon. That by the way, is no way excusing the players who I think are a disgrace.

I don't see the argument that we can't sack him because it's so late in the season as I fail to see how we can do worse. We all know anybody running the club who had any knowledge of football/the actual best interests of the club at heart should and would have got rid of him months ago. Just because now is less than ideal doesn't mean we have to  just suck it up.

Johnson out.

Gary O'Neil has his badges apparently, so him and Wilbs taking over first team selection and tactics with Tinnion to help on the coaching side until we can get someone in over the summer. Could they really do any worse ?

18 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

We're not in the relegation zone so therefore it is a risk...in my opinion. 

I sound like a LJ fan which I most certainly am not... however I'd probably 'stick' rather than 'twist' in the hope (huge amount of luck) that we end up with more points than Wigan and Blackburn.

But do you not see that he's not going to help solve any problems in any way as he is the root cause

IMHO He's a massive Negative Whilst he hangs around like a bad smell

1 hour ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Calling for Johnson to be sacked now?!

You want us to try and get somebody in with 6 games to go and sort this Shambles out?

It should of happened 2 months ago! Nothing you can do about it now other than shut-up and get behind the team (at the games).

I want him out...even if we do stay up but it's too late to do anything now.

What a mess....

Not to late, I mentioned on another post that Joe Jordan came in with 6 games to go, he won all 6 games. He gave us and the players a MASSIVE lift.

i would go as far as to say that him and possibly AW and/or GON could lift us all if they were given roles until the end of the season. Get rid of LJ today and Ashton Gate would be a cauldron of support on Saturday.

I'm genuinely amazed, not having a dig or a pop at anyone, but stunned why people think he should still remain. What, over the whole season, have you seen that makes you think he'll do what he hasn't done all year? And that's turn a corner. Become a decent manager. Get team selections right. Get tactics correct. What makes you think, keeping him here, will keep us up? Honest question. 

Because I haven't seen anything ever, that's made me think he's gonna be great for us. I wish he would be, but I'm not gonna have blind faith and put the clubs championship status at risk by keeping him here and HOPING he gets it right. 

He won't. And hasn't. He has to go. And he has to go now. The fact he hasn't fallen on his sword, even when the players don't like him, want to play for him etc etc, says a lot to me. Will never admit he's wrong, and certainly out of his depth. 

Johnson should do the decent thing and remove Lansdown's misguided loyalty to him by handing in his notice. There would be an upturn in morale and unity from the fans and hopefully, players too. If we go down then, at least it would be with a fight and not a whimper.

I think LJ will take us down, I can,t believe the way this season is going. What worries me more is that if we manage to stay up the power's that be will spin this as a great management achievement. They will also claim this as proof that they were right with their selection of manager, and also next season we will push on, playoffs, promotion and the rest of the bollox we have to put up with. We need to get rid of LJ now and put anyone in charge. I think Colin will be available next season, perhaps he can clear up this mess.  

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What do you think? Do you honestly think we are going to survive with the status quo? At least change would give us a chance, no matter how slight. As things stand, we will lose at Ewood and then we are screwed. I can't say 'fact' obviously but I would put money on it if I had any.

Exactly. With the Status Quo it's Down Down.

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

If a elephant shat in your front room what would you do...pick up a shovel and remove it is the obvious answer, the stench would linger for a while but at least you wouldn't be looking at a pile of $hite. 

If LJ is the shit then SL is the elephant. Time to get rid of the elephant or you'll spend your life shovelling shit. 

22 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Gary O'Neil has his badges apparently, so him and Wilbs taking over first team selection and tactics with Tinnion to help on the coaching side until we can get someone in over the summer. Could they really do any worse ?

Said that (without mentioning Tinnion) on RB last night. The players and fans need a management team to unite behind.

Get Harry in, pay the bloke whatever he wants and then see if he wants to stay on afterwards. I don't believe for one minute that he couldn't turn this around and get this talented squad playing, Johnson has had chance after chance and this stinks of players not even trying or caring because they have zero confidence in their manager. While I agree they should carry the can for that attitude as well, they are all we have and the only ones who can save us, the book should then be thrown at the main protagonists when the season is over and they should be transfer listed.

It's true that it wouldn't be fair to EXPECT a new coach to save us from relegation. But there's no evidence that LJ's influence will make staying up more likely and I still think a change now could have a positive effect.

If we go down we will lose several players. If we stay up and LJ remains head coach we will probably lose some players and next season will be no better than this one. In either case (as always) we are likely to lose our better players.

Appointing a new head coach, even this late in the season, might mean we keep more of the squad, whether or not we stay up: a month with the players could be enough to persuade some of them there's a decent future for them at BCFC. Although the players aren't performing ATM, I believe we've recruited well and have a capable squad.

The difficullty, of course, is finding someone who's available and will work with the structure at the club. I don't follow the wider game closely enough to know who might fit the bill - although Kenny Jackett has always struck me as a competent coach. He comes across as a strong, level-headed character, who might be able to stand up to SL without falling out with him, and would have the respect of the players.

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

All this calling for Wilbs is nonsense he has no experience (perhaps no coaching badges) - it didn't work when they appointed Shearer. Anybody but Johnson is ridiculous wish.

Not at all - he HAS the respect of his fellow players - one thing the fraud doesn't have

Just now, phantom said:

Not at all - he HAS the respect of his fellow players - one thing the fraud doesn't have

Being respected as a Top Pro is nowhere near the same as being respected as a tactically astute, motivational Manager.

We are in a crisis - surely you should always turn to experience in a crises, not someone who people quite like!

2 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Calling for Johnson to be sacked now?!

You want us to try and get somebody in with 6 games to go and sort this Shambles out?

It should of happened 2 months ago! Nothing you can do about it now other than shut-up and get behind the team (at the games).

I want him out...even if we do stay up but it's too late to do anything now.

What a mess....

It doesn't matter how long is left.

Look at Leicester. An IMMEDIETE turn around as soon as Ranieri was sacked. That's the best/only chance we have now imo.

52 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

All this calling for Wilbs is nonsense he has no experience (perhaps no coaching badges) - it didn't work when they appointed Shearer. Anybody but Johnson is ridiculous wish.

So its better having a bunch of players on the pitch that don't want to play for the manager, sorry, "head coach" in charge?

Aside one great performance which was, oddly, the one on TV, we are complete shite. Anybody else would be my preference over Johnson.

11 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Being respected as a Top Pro is nowhere near the same as being respected as a tactically astute, motivational Manager.

We are in a crisis - surely you should always turn to experience in a crises, not someone who people quite like!

so who can we get in before saturday then? there isn't a big list, we need a stop gap for 6 games, then get someone in over the summer,

Archived