IGNORED

What is the matter with people on here?

Bristol_Badger

Calling for Johnson to be sacked now?!

You want us to try and get somebody in with 6 games to go and sort this Shambles out?

It should of happened 2 months ago! Nothing you can do about it now other than shut-up and get behind the team (at the games).

I want him out...even if we do stay up but it's too late to do anything now.

What a mess....

Just now, Bristol_Badger said:

You want us to try and get somebody in with 6 games to go and sort this Shambles out?

It should of happened 2 months ago! Nothing you can do about it now other than shut-up and get behind the team (at the games).

What a mess....

the players aren't playing for him, removing him might get them playing and performing for final 6 matches, it worked for Wolves, Derby, Blackburn, (a small up turn in results) so why can't it work for us,

I'd put Wilbs with Tinman assisting in as care-taker manager then bring in a suitable replacement over the summer, giving us plenty of time to get a new manager and giving him a transfer window,

they'd get them playing with some pride

4 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Yes, they couldn't do any worse and might even turn things around. Not sure if you have noticed that the Shambles is getting worse week after week.

2 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

I see your points, it's a big risk either way! 

I cant see Lansdown getting rid of him.

Luck has been on our side, and as someone mentioned above... it is a miracle we are not in the bottom 3.

I'm in agreement with Michael, the one certainty is we are going down if he ISN'T removed.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

What a mess....

Nonsense - we just about have the chance to sort something out ! BUT you are correct Landown should have acted before now !!!

The players aren't playing for him for anyone that has seen the past two games will have seen that - get them all out!!

Wilbs and Tins would get more respect from the dressing room and we may just get that lift a new person in charge gets?

13 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Forest beat us with no head coach. It's worth a go

:clap::clap: Jack, we really have nothing to lose, I think if he went today or tomorrow you might just see the team that beat Huddersfield again on Saturday and for the rest of the season

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

But it isn't is it? Certiain that we will go down,,,FACT!

What do you think? Do you honestly think we are going to survive with the status quo? At least change would give us a chance, no matter how slight. As things stand, we will lose at Ewood and then we are screwed. I can't say 'fact' obviously but I would put money on it if I had any.

36 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

What a mess....

we know it's probably too late we just don't want him here anymore!

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

What do you think? Do you honestly think we are going to survive with the status quo? At least change would give us a chance, no matter how slight. As things stand, we will lose at Ewood and then we are screwed. I can't say 'fact' obviously but I would put money on it if I had any.

If you are a gambling man you might consider the odds of us winning a couple at least, before those last two losses, we won two back to back, and drew three? So we can do it, the important thing too in all this carnage is that Blackburn lost too, and one more game knocked off. It is not a given we will lose at Balackburn. 

I don't see the case for criticising the fans for wanting him sacked with such a short space of time left in the season. The vast majority wanted him gone on January and haven't changed their mind at any stage since.

Will we attract anybody sane to come in in this situation? No, I would very highly doubt it.

Do I think his removal and replacement by literally anybody (apart from the myth that is Dean Holden I guess) would give us a better chance? Yes I do.

For example,  I have no idea if Wilbraham has any coaching qualifications and whether it is something he wants to do when he retires. I do however believe that unlike our current Head 'Coach' he would have the respect of the dressing room and actually get the players to lift a leg on a Saturday afternoon. That by the way, is no way excusing the players who I think are a disgrace.

I don't see the argument that we can't sack him because it's so late in the season as I fail to see how we can do worse. We all know anybody running the club who had any knowledge of football/the actual best interests of the club at heart should and would have got rid of him months ago. Just because now is less than ideal doesn't mean we have to  just suck it up.

Johnson out.

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

If you are a gambling man you might consider the odds of us winning a couple at least, before those last two losses, we won two back to back, and drew three? So we can do it, the important thing too in all this carnage is that Blackburn lost too, and one more game knocked off. It is not a given we will lose at Balackburn. 

I'm not a gambler 1bc and never have been TBH. Given our last 2 gutless performances and the improvement I gather Blackburn are showing under their NEW MANAGER, I think we will roll over at Ewood. I can't see us winning another game this season under this plank, I really can't. We've got nothing to lose by getting shot of the poisonous one.

AS an aside, GON is injured for the majority of the rest of the season but is mobile and has loads of experience, let him have a go while he's crocked. He was brought in to the club with an eye on a coaching future IIRC anyway.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

If you are a gambling man you might consider the odds of us winning a couple at least, before those last two losses, we won two back to back, and drew three? So we can do it, the important thing too in all this carnage is that Blackburn lost too, and one more game knocked off. It is not a given we will lose at Blackburn. 

Blackburn are at home to Barnsley on Saturday; we are at home to Wolves.

I can see us getting beat on current form, and I can see Blackburn winning.

By then I think our fate will be sealed, because under this pressure, and with our weak levels of commitment, I cannot see us winning at Blackburn.

I can see where the OP is coming from and before now would probably have agreed with him. My original belief was that the international break was the latest time that we could have made a change and realistically expected someone to sort it out. However the result against Huddersfield, on the back of a mini unbeaten run, seemed to suggest that maybe things had improved so I think most agreed that we should probably stick it out. (for what it's worth, I remain convinced that had we lost to either Burton or Wigan he'd have gone).

However, the last 2 results and performances, and the manner of the capitulation last night, have proved that we've got nothing to lose by making a change because I'm not sure that anyone who takes over could do any worse.

We are still in with a survival chance. I do not want to be watching derbies against the gyppoes next season. A new manager bounce might be just what is needed to do that - even if that new manager is GON or someone else at the club acting on a temporary basis. We're down with Johnson, we need to roll the dice. A longer-term manager can be sorted out in the summer. 

Archived