IGNORED

Trigger to be pulled ?

Ashtonwurzel

Ok here's a teaser

Woukd you rather...

1) LJ sacked now and we get relegated with a competent and proven manager appointed

2) We stay up and LJ keeps his job for next season 

I genuinely think I'd rather we get relegated with a decent manager at the helm ready for next season than stay up if Johnson will still be in situ.  

Just now, petehinton said:

It may be blind ignorance but I still feel confident he's going. DM wouldn't publish an article about him if not, they'd just get nothing out of it.

I'm hoping the same, season ticket renewals will be down along with countless emails asking for a refund. If his position wasn't untenable before it certainly will be when they find out the club is losing money and potential fan base.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ok here's a teaser

Woukd you rather...

1) LJ sacked now and we get relegated with a competent and proven manager appointed

2) We stay up and LJ keeps his job for next season 

I genuinely think I'd rather we get relegated with a decent manager at the helm ready for next season than stay up if Johnson will still be in situ.  

2. Obviously. I can't see how there can be any doubt about that.

He'd need to get off to a flyer next season and there's a big risk of writing off next season too but that's better than being in league one with no guarantee of coming back up.

1 minute ago, Danny P said:

I'm hoping the same, season ticket renewals will be down along with countless emails asking for a refund. If his position wasn't untenable before it certainly will be when they find out the club is losing money and potential fan base.

But that would assume any sort of logic is being employed here. LJ's position since February has been untenable in my view and makes me believe that the powers that be are not acting in the best interests of Bristol City FC. Why that is, I'm still perplexed. 

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

Why would they? It'd be a statement released. There's almost certainly no chance of a press conference.

Was just a thought bud.  Your probably  right.  Don't have much experience  of these things. 

3 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Think last nights 2nd half was difference maker - IMO

Agree.  I've seen some positives in almost all of the 'bad run' which gave me hope. Until last night's showing.  

It showed me the manager and players are divided.  I think the players carry a significant resposibility. But you can't change them all out.  That's why I am now agreeing that it's time for LJ to go. And I say it with a heavy heart.

That said, I've no confidence there's anyone in power at AG who has the gonads to challenge.  So they'll probably stick with him.

What's interesting about the Mail article is it suggests that somebody is not happy that LJ is still at City and is deliberately feeding a rumour to the national press to try and spark some sort of reaction.

I can also say for absolutey certain that Martin Griffiths (CEO of Bristol Sport) and Jon Lansdown were outside Ashton Gate about an hour ago chatting. Looked like they'd been in a meeting, spoke then they parted ways. make of that what you will, but personally I haven't seen MG about in a while...

Just now, The_Don said:
  • Business as usual then according to the Bristol Post. :facepalm:

I know it beggars belief.  On Saturday  it needs to be Johnson out all the time. Sod the players and support. They don't deserve such good support. Well maybe one or 2 do. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What's interesting about the Mail article is it suggests that somebody is not happy that LJ is still at City and is deliberately feeding a rumour to the national press to try and spark some sort of reaction.

I can also say for absolutey certain that Martin Griffiths (CEO of Bristol Sport) and Jon Lansdown were outside Ashton Gate about an hour ago chatting. Looked like they'd been in a meeting, spoke then they parted ways. make of that what you will, but personally I haven't seen MG about in a while...

:fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/business-usual-bristol-city-lee-18753

That's us f**ked then!

We, the fans, no longer matter judging by this.

I get my Saturdays back then, bollocks to you Lansdown and your club for your mates!

wait til after 8pm on a thursday (after the pre match conference ), thats when we normally sack a manager

Archived