IGNORED

Hope?

SedRA

Surely SL HAS to do something today. Training under LJ must now be just a chore for all concerned, and that hardly looks like lifting the players for Saturday. It'll be the same next week. Maybe getting, say, Harry Rednap or someone that's managed at top championship or prem level in to 'advise' LJ and motivate the players just until the end of the season? It's not that the players aren't up to it- just not up FOR it.

Whilst we have been poor for large parts of the season, the real difference last night was the total capitulation and the magnitude of the defeat.  Previously the board could argue "fine margins" - even that weak excuse has gone now.  I just wonder if this might finally be the decisive result that seems him gone.  Until about 8pm last night I was marginally in favour of LJ staying until the end of the reason on the basis of recent improved results and the risk of unhelpful disruption with so few games remaining.  Last night changed everything and swung the pendulum back towards getting rid of him ASAP.  It was a hugely damaging result and could have a lasting effect on the team.  The only way to reverse that effect would be an immediate and decisive change.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

shocking,

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-head-coach-lee-18666 

The post actually doing it's job for a change by actually asking the club,

The no comment bit says to me that he may well be off, otherwise they would of just given him their full backing again

"No comment" is a huge comment.  If his future was not even being discussed they would surely say so.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"No comment" is a huge comment.  If his future was not even being discussed they would surely say so.

and the fact we've not heard a peep out of the club, no tweet, no website update, I'm clutching at straws I know but you got to have a little hope that we will finally act,

It's going to be far to toxic on saturday if we don't

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep. Previously we've had articles appear after defeats where everyone's wondering if it's happening, and it's been explicitly stated that he's expected to be in charge for the next game at least.

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

If they're meeting to discuss, how can there be any other outcome than showing him the door? Who can argue with facts?

Yep.  Gives me hope. If they're meeting they cant come out with anything other than sacking him.  There would be a COMPLETE meltdown otherwise. 

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4382262/Bristol-City-considering-manager-Lee-Johnson-s-future.html

Bristol City considering manager Lee Johnson's future after 5-0 defeat at Preston deepens relegation fears

• Bristol City one point above the relegation places after losing 5-0 at Preston
  • Lee Johnson has been in charge for a year but has struggled to get fans on side
  • Club officials met on Wednesday morning to discuss the manager's future 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

PUBLISHED: 11:14, 5 April 2017 UPDATED: 11:18, 5 April 2017

Bristol City are considering the position of manager Lee Johnson following Tuesday's 5-0 defeat at Preston North End.

The result leaves the Ashton Gate club just one point and one place above the Championship relegation zone.

Club executives are understood to have convened a meeting on Wednesday morning while the first team squad are also due for a briefing following their performance.

3EF6B51800000578-4382262-image-m-17_1491

+2

Bristol City are considering the position of Lee Johnson following their 5-0 defeat at Preston

Tom Barkhuizen opened the floodgates for Preston as the blew away City 5-0 at Deepdale

+2

Tom Barkhuizen opened the floodgates for Preston as the blew away City 5-0 at Deepdale

•   Team P GD Pts
    1 Brighton and Hove Albion 40 33 83
    2 Newcastle United 39 39 81
    3 Reading 40 5 73
    4 Huddersfield Town 38 3 71
    5 Leeds United 40 13 69
    6 Sheffield Wednesday 40 11 66
    7 Fulham 40 18 64
    8 Preston North End 40 11 61
    9 Derby County 40 6 59
    10 Norwich City 39 7 57
    11 Aston Villa 40 3 57
    12 Brentford 40 7 56
    13 Barnsley 40 0 53
    14 Cardiff City 40 -3 52
    15 Wolverhampton Wanderers 39 1 51
    16 Queens Park Rangers 40 -7 50
    17 Ipswich Town 40 -6 49
    18 Birmingham City 40 -18 46
    19 Burton Albion 39 -13 44
    20 Nottingham Forest 40 -12 42
    21 Bristol City 40 -10 41
    22 Blackburn Rovers 40 -14 40
    23 Wigan Athletic 40 -17 34
    24 Rotherham United 40 -57 17

Johnson has been in the job for a year after replacing Steve Cotterill but has struggled to get fans on side after a succession of poor results.

They looked to have lifted their game with a 1-0 win over fellow strugglers Wigan followed by their surprise 4-0 thumping of promotion-chasing Huddersfield but defeat to Brentford last weekend and Tuesday's embarrassment, their heaviest defeat in five years at Deepdale, have brought Johnson's role back into focus.

They have just six games remaining including a crucial trip to rivals Blackburn Rovers on April 22.

The gamble for City chairman Steve Lansdown, who sacked assistant head coach John Pemberton last month, is whether a change would trigger an upturn in results or leave his team to further founder.

Johnson said after Tuesday's defeat: 'It hurts because nobody wanted to come here and put in a performance like that. In the second half we've capitulated and we must face the music. We need to pick a team we can trust against Wolves now.'

wondered when he was due another contract extension

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4382262/Bristol-City-considering-manager-Lee-Johnson-s-future.html

Bristol City considering manager Lee Johnson's future after 5-0 defeat at Preston deepens relegation fears

• Bristol City one point above the relegation places after losing 5-0 at Preston
  • Lee Johnson has been in charge for a year but has struggled to get fans on side
  • Club officials met on Wednesday morning to discuss the manager's future 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

PUBLISHED: 11:14, 5 April 2017 UPDATED: 11:18, 5 April 2017

Bristol City are considering the position of manager Lee Johnson following Tuesday's 5-0 defeat at Preston North End.

The result leaves the Ashton Gate club just one point and one place above the Championship relegation zone.

Club executives are understood to have convened a meeting on Wednesday morning while the first team squad are also due for a briefing following their performance.

3EF6B51800000578-4382262-image-m-17_1491

+2

Bristol City are considering the position of Lee Johnson following their 5-0 defeat at Preston

+2

•   Team P GD Pts
    1 Brighton and Hove Albion 40 33 83
    2 Newcastle United 39 39 81
    3 Reading 40 5 73
    4 Huddersfield Town 38 3 71
    5 Leeds United 40 13 69
    6 Sheffield Wednesday 40 11 66
    7 Fulham 40 18 64
    8 Preston North End 40 11 61
    9 Derby County 40 6 59
    10 Norwich City 39 7 57
    11 Aston Villa 40 3 57
    12 Brentford 40 7 56
    13 Barnsley 40 0 53
    14 Cardiff City 40 -3 52
    15 Wolverhampton Wanderers 39 1 51
    16 Queens Park Rangers 40 -7 50
    17 Ipswich Town 40 -6 49
    18 Birmingham City 40 -18 46
    19 Burton Albion 39 -13 44
    20 Nottingham Forest 40 -12 42
    21 Bristol City 40 -10 41
    22 Blackburn Rovers 40 -14 40
    23 Wigan Athletic 40 -17 34
    24 Rotherham United 40 -57 17

Johnson has been in the job for a year after replacing Steve Cotterill but has struggled to get fans on side after a succession of poor results.

They looked to have lifted their game with a 1-0 win over fellow strugglers Wigan followed by their surprise 4-0 thumping of promotion-chasing Huddersfield but defeat to Brentford last weekend and Tuesday's embarrassment, their heaviest defeat in five years at Deepdale, have brought Johnson's role back into focus.

They have just six games remaining including a crucial trip to rivals Blackburn Rovers on April 22.

The gamble for City chairman Steve Lansdown, who sacked assistant head coach John Pemberton last month, is whether a change would trigger an upturn in results or leave his team to further founder.

Johnson said after Tuesday's defeat: 'It hurts because nobody wanted to come here and put in a performance like that. In the second half we've capitulated and we must face the music. We need to pick a team we can trust against Wolves now.'

FFS it's not even a gamble. We are going down with him in charge anyway!

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Is it just me but...

i have a feeling they'll come out with something along the lines of, it's too late to change now lets  stick with Lee and pull together blah blah ******* blah !

I don't think they would say that though for two reasons:

1) It would admit they were wrong to back him.

2) It is not exactly good man management to say the only reason you're still in the job is because there's no alternative. 

I actually think there is a chance he will go today and it is the first time I have thought this for a couple of months. The fact that a meeting has taken place and the club has refused to comment is a sign that something is going on. However, we all know how this club is being run at the moment...

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Whilst we have been poor for large parts of the season, the real difference last night was the total capitulation and the magnitude of the defeat.  Previously the board could argue "fine margins" - even that weak excuse has gone now.  I just wonder if this might finally be the decisive result that seems him gone.  Until about 8pm last night I was marginally in favour of LJ staying until the end of the reason on the basis of recent improved results and the risk of unhelpful disruption with so few games remaining.  Last night changed everything and swung the pendulum back towards getting rid of him ASAP.  It was a hugely damaging result and could have a lasting effect on the team.  The only way to reverse that effect would be an immediate and decisive change.

Agreed.

Just now, Coppello said:

I don't think they would say that though for two reasons:

1) It would admit they were wrong to back him.

2) It is not exactly good man management to say the only reason you're still in the job is because there's no alternative. 

I actually think there is a chance he will go today and it is the first time I have thought this for a couple of months. The fact that a meeting has taken place and the club has refused to comment is a sign that something is going on. However, we all know how this club is being run at the moment...

I do agree but, I think the optimum time for change has come and gone. I'd love Harry short term, JJ has just taken a new job hasn't he so he's out, but just get us the few points to stay up. 

I worry SL is tooo arrogant to back down, even staring relegation in the face.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I do agree but, I think the optimum time for change has come and gone. I'd love Harry short term, JJ has just taken a new job hasn't he so he's out, but just get us the few points to stay up. 

I worry SL is tooo arrogant to back down, even staring relegation in the face.

I do completely agree with your timing point and I think it's far too late.

Ironically I was on a plane last weekend to Dubai and was sat next to Harry Redknapp. I asked him if he fancies the Bristol City job and he said 'no, he's looking to taking it easy these days'.

Just now, Coppello said:

I do completely agree with your timing point and I think it's far too late.

Ironically I was on a plane last weekend to Dubai and was sat next to Harry Redknapp. I asked him if he fancies the Bristol City job and he said 'no, he's looking to taking it easy these days'.

...unless.....the Poole to Gurnsey Ferry has had an interesting passenger or two lately (along with a brown bag of cash)

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

I can't get my head around the board sacking him now. It was clear he was shit two months ago but he was backed by SL. Sacking him now would indicate that the board have SL has finally realised that they have he has made a mistake. I feel they are he is too stubborn to do this.

In no way do I want us to get relegated but the stubborn side of me almost feels like the board SL have has made their his decision and should now lie in it. 

Fixed for accuracy.

6 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Fixed for accuracy.

Haha, thanks for that and I agree with the sentiments. However, the board should also be accountable. As a director they should be able to exercise similar decision making powers and should effectively challenge SL.

20 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

End of that then. He is unsackable. 

one small glimmer of hope. we've still not heard a peep from the club, no tweet, no website update, no false rumours, 

not much to cling to but something :( 

Archived