IGNORED

Club and trust?

Aipearcey

Now I'm going to be honest and admit I don't really know alot about them or how they work. But has there been any official comment from them to the club regarding the opinion and discontent from the fanbase. If we go a goal down Saturday the place will be toxic with reoccurrence of fans arguing between themselves in the stands again. It's become not fun to go to match days any more.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was mentioned a few weeks back that they won't get involved with the politics at the club, but can't help feeling recently maybe they should be a voice of thier paid up members? 

Time to stand up to the bullshit and represent the fan basr. Problem is they have become part of the furniture.

All I can say at this stage is that we as the SC&T board are discussing the current situation amongst ourselves via email, and there will hopefully be a consensus at some point about if and what we should say. 

We haven't commented on managerial issues in the past 12 years of our existence, but that doesn't mean we won't ever do that. 

IMHO this is far more important than the current managerial disaster.

The fans need to be able to trust the club.

Many people are calling this into question, due to the boards FAILURE to act when it could not be more obvious it is needed.

If the fans lose faith, then the club is *******.

BCFC = The Fans: end of.

The club needs to listen to the most important people: soon.

tfj

1 hour ago, Aipearcey said:

Now I'm going to be honest and admit I don't really know alot about them or how they work. But has there been any official comment from them to the club regarding the opinion and discontent from the fanbase. If we go a goal down Saturday the place will be toxic with reoccurrence of fans arguing between themselves in the stands again. It's become not fun to go to match days any more.

The fans are a nuisance, not much else. Put another way, annoying customers. 

47 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

IMHO this is far more important than the current managerial disaster.

The fans need to be able to trust the club.

Many people are calling this into question, due to the boards FAILURE to act when it could not be more obvious it is needed.

If the fans lose faith, then the club is *******.

BCFC = The Fans: end of.

The club needs to listen to the most important people: soon.

tfj

Agree 100%, SL is losing us not just LJ.

Now that is worrying.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

All I can say at this stage is that we as the SC&T board are discussing the current situation amongst ourselves via email, and there will hopefully be a consensus at some point about if and what we should say. 

We haven't commented on managerial issues in the past 12 years of our existence, but that doesn't mean we won't ever do that. 

Don't leave it too late Dolls if it's decided that the SC&T should represent the views of their members.

Im pretty sure what those views are as everyone is.

The sc&t should be taking the lead and organising a demo. A march from the center to AG before the game or something similar. These are desperate times and as such unprecedented moves should be made.

The fans are being treated like crap and the club is burning bridges. Its tragic. Cronyism at its worst.

Time to go against the grain and if the the trust is to have any respect it is time to condemn the current regime, I know it is tough but frankly the current situation is a disgrace and needs the trust to speak out. I trust you guys will make the right decision.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Time to go against the grain and if the the trust is to have any respect it is time to condemn the current regime, I know it is tough but frankly the current situation is a disgrace and needs the trust to speak out. I trust you guys will make the right decision.

Completely agree. 

They'll regret it for a long time if they are apathetic in their actions now. 

Morning all

I chair the Supporters Club & Trust. There is a board of 12 members and a number of other people that regularly contribute to meetings and other initiatives. We met last night with usual attendees from the police, Adam Baker and Mark Kelly, plus a few new guests. I also spoke personally to Mark Ashton yesterday.

We have always set our stall out to be evidence based and solution focused in all our conversations with the football club. We are not adverse to campaigning, as we have for new stadiums, dropping bubble matches, opening stands, fighting dispersal notices, going to the media to highlight issues at the club, raising money for statues, etc the list goes on.

We have never got involved with managerial decisions. Had we of done, we would be releasing statements about every 18 months - 2 years. We completely get the overwhelming clamour for a managerial change, it's blindingly obvious (if not quite unanimous it has to be said). So do all the officials at the football club. I expressly said this to them all yesterday and also expressed my concerns for Saturday, should we start the game badly.

We could canvas fan opinion on the issue. It will undoubtedly tell us what we already know, but it would give us an evidence base. The challenge is, what then?

I firmly believe, having heard it directly from club officials yesterday, that the board are standing firm behind Lee Johnson as our manager and no amount of fan pressure in the shape of a survey or public statement will seemingly sway that.

What I think would be more difficult for them to defend is if we lose badly to Wolves and put in the same abject displays shown at Brentford and Preston. That will likely provoke a reaction from fans on an individual and collective level. we may then have to look at this again.

I thought too that a drop in season ticket sales would also influence decision-making. However, whilst everyone on social media is saying that they won't renew their season ticket, 9,100 already have in 2 weeks, that's 65%.

Nobody is more angst about the current performances and mystified about the rationale to stick with the current plan than I am. It seems that only the board are privy to that thinking and not willing to share that with fans. That, for me, is the most disappointing aspect.

Stu

16 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Go on , you know you want to . 

;)

6 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Morning all

I chair the Supporters Club & Trust. There is a board of 12 members and a number of other people that regularly contribute to meetings and other initiatives. We met last night with usual attendees from the police, Adam Baker and Mark Kelly, plus a few new guests. I also spoke personally to Mark Ashton yesterday.

We have always set our stall out to be evidence based and solution focused in all our conversations with the football club. We are not adverse to campaigning, as we have for new stadiums, dropping bubble matches, opening stands, fighting dispersal notices, going to the media to highlight issues at the club, raising money for statues, etc the list goes on.

We have never got involved with managerial decisions. Had we of done, we would be releasing statements about every 18 months - 2 years. We completely get the overwhelming clamour for a managerial change, it's blindingly obvious (if not quite unanimous it has to be said). So do all the officials at the football club. I expressly said this to them all yesterday and also expressed my concerns for Saturday, should we start the game badly.

We could canvas fan opinion on the issue. It will undoubtedly tell us what we already know, but it would give us an evidence base. The challenge is, what then?

I firmly believe, having heard it directly from club officials yesterday, that the board are standing firm behind Lee Johnson as our manager and no amount of fan pressure in the shape of a survey or public statement will seemingly sway that.

What I think would be more difficult for them to defend is if we lose badly to Wolves and put in the same abject displays shown at Brentford and Preston. That will likely provoke a reaction from fans on an individual and collective level. we may then have to look at this again.

I thought too that a drop in season ticket sales would also influence decision-making. However, whilst everyone on social media is saying that they won't renew their season ticket, 9,100 already have in 2 weeks, that's 65%.

Nobody is more angst about the current performances and mystified about the rationale to stick with the current plan than I am. It seems that only the board are privy to that thinking and not willing to share that with fans. That, for me, is the most disappointing aspect.

Stu

IMG_1623.GIF

7 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Morning all

Stu

A shame, as whatever the boards view it's a completely indefensible position after the treatment of Cottirell by this same board, to then back a manager with a much poorer record i.e. none at this level. It's an absolute joke, and our tarnished reputation is only going to get worse, meaning we will likely have to pay players even more inflated amounts to consider moving to us if we do get relegated.

If we go a goal down to Wolves, and lose, I don't see the board having much of a way back in terms of fan opinion, and it may be too late if Blackburn win.

The recent alienation of fans, and ongoing over the season, via SL's criticism of fans, also doesn't take into account the fall in pay on the day ticket sales. People will hedge their bets on season tickets after Preston imo, so if they expect that 'rate' of ST sales to continue its an unsustainable position to hold. They'd better be considerate of fans purchasing on DD also who can still refund.

I'm one of the many on here who is not Renewing until Johnson is gone. I'm one of the younger people on here most likely, having been a ST since the age of 5 in 2001.

I can resolutely say I'd rather have Tinnion over Johnson.

The entire structure of the club needs ripping up and rebuilding, it's easy to do that with the bricks and mortar but not with ownership/shareholdings.

The fans need to know they have some say, I'm not talking direct managerial decisions but proper representation at Board level.

This is not our club, and it really feels that way at the moment.

I don't know what I'm supporting anymore?

Archived