IGNORED

FAO Adam Baker

lenred

I think Adam has been delivered a hospital pass with the FLO role. I first noticed him a decade or so ago video-ing a preseason match. Seemed a nice young chap, a fan who'd landed a fun job. That job has clearly grown. But he's seemingly never worked anywhere else since then, has learned his media role at the club, owes everything to the powers that be at the Gate. Very hard for him to step out of line or represent "fan" opinion...I have never seen him on the terraces or in the stands, for the simple reason that he has other responsibilities on match day.

Just now, Red Exile said:

I think Adam has been delivered a hospital pass with the FLO role. I first noticed him a decade or so ago video-ing a preseason match. Seemed a nice young chap, a fan who'd landed a fun job. That job has clearly grown. But he's seemingly never worked anywhere else since then, has learned his media role at the club, owes everything to the powers that be at the Gate. Very hard for him to step out of line or represent "fan" opinion...I have never seen him on the terraces or in the stands, for the simple reason that he has other responsibilities on match day.

Agree with this, but he can't hide behind that. 

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Come on @AdamB grow a pair. 

Talk to us. You are making a mockery of the FLO role. That's an utter disgrace in my book. 

Do the job or sweep some roads or something. 

You are part of the problem. How does that feel? 

A fan? Not a chance. 

you don't mix your words do you!

24 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'd be happy if every last member if staff leaves as a result of the club being sold. Adam B included. 

He's less helpful than a position vacant when it comes to the FLO. 

And he doesn't respond to emails from my 13 year old. 

There is no excuse for ignorance Mr Baker.  Will that prompt a reply....??

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Adam is a decent guy. The FLO role should have gone to @cider head, or me:clapping:. Seriously someone who will stand up and represent the fans

11 minutes ago, iamsober said:

you don't mix your words do you!

Is now the time do so? 

FLO should be a challenging role showing tenacity, and the ability to listen and convey views. 

I'm seeing none of that, especially at a time when it's most needed. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

Personally, for all the flak he occasionally had to duck on here, I thought @Dave L did a difficult job very well.

Indeed. Every day that passes shows what a great job he done in the main. 

He certainly wouldn't be silent now. We might not like what he said but he'd not be silent and take the piss out of the role. 

I have to agree with the majority here.

I remember back in the day when @AdamB was Beanhead on here. None of the corporate stuff in the old days. He's a good bloke but sadly his hands are tied unfortunately to his Head of Communications role which counter-acts with the FLO role.

I've called out Adam a few times on certain things and eventually he's responded. Probably because he's bombarded 24/7 not just from fans but press, staff, players and families etc. 

I have no issue with Adam. None at all. I've taken the piss a few times I'd admit but it's said in jest which is obvious.

I think it would be in his best interests to decide which role he prefers. FLO or Head of Comms. If it's the latter, either give his job share to Rachel if she can cope with it or better still, appoint someone not directly wrapped up in Bristol Sport. 

The FLO in my book, should listen and respond to the fans. They are also the middle man between fans and management/board. If the fans are in uproar for eg, the FLO needs to inform the board and then respond to the fans with the board response. It is here that his Head of Comms role causes conflict. 

How to keep the board in a positive light and assuage the fans at the same time. 

A tough call.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

@AdamB Please can you do your job as Fan Liaison Officer and let us know what the current situation is regarding the Manager and why the Board apparently deem it ok for us, the fans, to be treated with complete contempt given the lack of action after the last two inept and embarrassing performances that have been overseen by Lee Johnson. You were happy enough to produce videos praising all and sundry and patting yourselves on the back after the 4-0 win. We deserve to hear something now also. Thank you. 

Also any chance you could ask some proper questions in interviews with the so called head coach....all you do is play lip service Baker and ask the easy questions.....get ur head out ur ass Baker...you represent us not LJ

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I have to agree with the majority here.

I remember back in the day when @AdamB was Beanhead on here. None of the corporate stuff in the old days. He's a good bloke but sadly his hands are tied unfortunately to his Head of Communications role which counter-acts with the FLO role.

I've called out Adam a few times on certain things and eventually he's responded. Probably because he's bombarded 24/7 not just from fans but press, staff, players and families etc. 

I have no issue with Adam. None at all. I've taken the piss a few times I'd admit but it's said in jest which is obvious.

I think it would be in his best interests to decide which role he prefers. FLO or Head of Comms. If it's the latter, either give his job share to Rachel if she can cope with it or better still, appoint someone not directly wrapped up in Bristol Sport. 

The FLO in my book, should listen and respond to the fans. They are also the middle man between fans and management/board. If the fans are in uproar for eg, the FLO needs to inform the board and then respond to the fans with the board response. It is here that his Head of Comms role causes conflict. 

How to keep the board in a positive light and assuage the fans at the same time. 

A tough call.

Head of comms ?? How ironic.

5 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Also any chance you could ask some proper questions in interviews with the so called head coach....all you do is play lip service Baker and ask the easy questions.....get ur head out ur ass Baker...you represent us not LJ

Thing is, in his Head of Comms role his job is often to stop things being asked or said. A post-match interview like the one on Radio Bristol last night in which the reporter fails to mention that every caller to their show has been calling for Johnson to go is perfect from the Head of Comms point of view. No awkward questions or answers. It's precisely why having your Head of Comms as the FLO is preposterous! The conflict between the roles could hardly be greater.

3 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

I'm sure a member of the FAN or Supporters Trust or whatever it's called have his mobile number. Couldn't one of them flick him a text and tell him to take a look at this thread?

@Dollymarie?

Maybe the trust or fan dont want to upset the apple cart by asking awkward questions in case all avenues to the club are cut off. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Maybe the trust or fan dont want to upset the apple cart by asking awkward questions in case all avenues to the club are cut off. Just a thought.

They're pretty much all ineffective in anything that truly matters. **** all to lose. 

2 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

If they only want nice easy questions perhaps it's not worth having

2 hours ago, lenred said:

@AdamB Please can you do your job as Fan Liaison Officer and let us know what the current situation is regarding the Manager and why the Board apparently deem it ok for us, the fans, to be treated with complete contempt given the lack of action after the last two inept and embarrassing performances that have been overseen by Lee Johnson. You were happy enough to produce videos praising all and sundry and patting yourselves on the back after the 4-0 win. We deserve to hear something now also. Thank you. 

just a puppet in the house of puppeteer's is Mr baker

Just now, stevep38 said:

Would like to think some searching questions would  be  asked  in tomorrow's press conference  about the wolves match. Won't hold my breath though.

Doesn't matter what the questions are if you are prepared to evade the answers and string together waffle as a response. LJ bingo will win the day. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Doesn't matter what the questions are if you are prepared to evade the answers and string together waffle as a response. LJ bingo will win the day. 

And that my friend is exactly  what  will happen. But with easy questions  instead of hard ones. Followed by that insane  laughter. 

Just now, stevep38 said:

And that my friend is exactly  what  will happen. But with easy questions  instead of hard ones. Followed by that insane  laughter. 

Indeed. I seriously doubt LJ passed his English exams. 

The biggest problem is that over the last decade @AdamB has gone from being one of us to one of them.

He did a great job being social media savvy at a time when the club had no idea what 'Social Media' even was. Unfortunately that role has now evolved into him having to and doing nothing but toeing the party line. Just another of MA & SL's Gimps!

I'll send a personal apology and flowers if he's asked one, just one unscripted question in the last year in those cringeworthy 'fake good news' videos

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

Whilst our FLO/Head of Communications should be communicating with the fans, his lack of response on this thread is no surprise given the personal nature of some of the comments.

I think you need to understand which preceded the other. You can't blame fans for thinking he's completely useless when he's been completely useless. 

This thread is a symptom of a long period of uselessness and not a reason for excuses. 

Archived