IGNORED

Time to go Lansdown

Cider red

Piss poor football decisions, millions spent, appointing yes men, when he took over we were a yo-yo division 2 /3  club. Bar the stadium we are no better off 15 years later. Time to sell up to someone who has the heart to make proper decisions and take this club forward. Taking our support for granted this season and giving loyal supporters the middle finger in keeping johnson has tipped a lot of fans over the edge....never mind johnson out, landowns out and take your BS with You! 

Be careful what you wish for!  Steve saved and rebuilt the whole club and set up the infrastructure to help secure our future. His project is still (roughly) on track and he has the financial muscle to shrug off temporary problems.  Unlike many on here - he can count!!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Be careful what you wish for!  Steve saved and rebuilt the whole club and set up the infrastructure to help secure our future. His project is still (roughly) on track and he has the financial muscle to shrug off temporary problems.  Unlike many on here - he can count!!

Saved us from what? His own debts? 

Keen to hear about the problems you remember before he took over. 

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Can I ask are you Lees dad?

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

He turned much of that debt into equity!  He would struggle to get a return on his "investment" in the current situation. 

Yes he did. 

But creating the debt and paying it off for equity doesn't make you a saviour. 

Garbage.

when Lansdown began his dictatorship we had a £10m positive balance sheet with an undervalued asset in Ashton Gate and plans with Football Trust funding to redevelop into a 30,000 stadium. All self financed by our own football club, not a rich individual taking over our football club.

Anyone that thinks a city the size of Bristol couldn't find somebody to do a better job is a little bit dim, really.

He turned much of that debt into equity!  He would struggle to get a return on his "investment" in the current situation. 

He still created the debt with poor footballing decisions and he continues to do so . You just carry on though being taken for a mug . Don't bother to reply , I'll write it for you.

im very smug and look down on everyone on this forum because I've supported City for 50 years don't you know. 

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Would rather have Laycock and us being self sustainable to be frankly honest, with proper management if Burnley did it why cant we? Completely lost some of our identity this season, and we fans have been treated like neanderthals by the club.

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

like i said  last week get your brown tongue out there ass p***k

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Garbage.

when Lansdown began his dictatorship we had a £10m positive balance sheet with an undervalued asset in Ashton Gate and plans with Football Trust funding to redevelop into a 30,000 stadium. All self financed by our own football club, not a rich individual taking over our football club.

Anyone that thinks a city the size of Bristol couldn't find somebody to do a better job is a little bit dim, really.

Not really sure how many billionaires there are in Bristol - especially City fans.

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

More garbage.

Most of Lansdowns investment has been in a realisable asset, ie Ashton Gate.

Some of it was invested in Ashton Vale which eventually Lansdown, not our football club, will profit from.

Open your eyes.

15 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Saved from what?? Genuine question.

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Not really sure how many billionaires there are in Bristol - especially City fans.

Don't mean to be unkind but you are not that bright are you. 

How many of the Burnley directors are billionaires.  Just for example.

41 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Piss poor football decisions, millions spent, appointing yes men, when he took over we were a yo-yo division 2 /3  club. Bar the stadium we are no better off 15 years later. Time to sell up to someone who has the heart to make proper decisions and take this club forward. Taking our support for granted this season and giving loyal supporters the middle finger in keeping johnson has tipped a lot of fans over the edge....never mind johnson out, landowns out and take your BS with You! 

The worst bit is the stadium doesn't even belong to the club, he could quite easily sell the football club and be tenants in the stadium if he wanted it.

8 minutes ago, NickJ said:

More garbage.

Most of Lansdowns investment has been in a realisable asset, ie Ashton Gate.

Some of it was invested in Ashton Vale which eventually Lansdown, not our football club, will profit from.

Open your eyes.

Just going to say this before bowing out, as I know emotions are rightly running high. Heck, I share a lot of them.

However, whatever I think of SLs calls this year in relation to LJ, one thing I just do not believe is over his time here is that he has been in it for the money.

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

Lansdown is not and never has been a City fan,

In fact he's the opposite, he used to watch the gas.

He stood on the Tote a few times. Then drifted away from football, lost interest. Like a lot of people that stood on the Tote.

Steve likes cricket, I think?

Jon is a City fan, though. He is one of our, er, own.

Hardly a requirement just look at the top clubs - Man City were crap until they got a billionaire owner, Chelsea average until they got a billionaire owner, Arsenal Billionaire owners, Man Utd billionaire owners.

Do any of the above abide by FFP - no they get round it by fancy sponsorship deals.

There are clubs who do it on a shoe string but they are very much the exception. Without a rich owner how would we make the signings the fans expect and even afford to sack the manger every year and don't say we wouldn't need to because SL would hire most clubs at our level sack the manager every couple of years and who funds that.

7 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

The worst bit is the stadium doesn't even belong to the club, he could quite easily sell the football club and be tenants in the stadium if he wanted it.

Putting up for sale and selling are not the same. 

Who the **** would buy? 

53 minutes ago, Cider red said:

The millions spent is his own money. He's recognised in football as one of the best owners and there are plenty of bad ones who wreck clubs. I do wonder sometimes if these comments asking him to go come from true BCFC fans or whether it's those who want us to fail, ie the blue few.

Have to say I really enjoy walking down to AG and surveying our new ground with pride. Sat in my seat in the Dolman I gaze around at the new stands and our lovely pitch and thank SL for everything he has done for us.

Unfortunately, the team then comes out onto the pitch and my good mood is ruined shortly afterwards.

Archived