IGNORED

Time to go Lansdown

Cider red

Just now, ashton_fan said:

The millions spent is his own money. He's recognised in football as one of the best owners and there are plenty of bad ones who wreck clubs. I do wonder sometimes if these comments asking him to go come from true BCFC fans or whether it's those who want us to fail, ie the blue few.

People just want a sensible, sustainable and open approach without reckless risk taking. That doesn't need billions. 

SL is only spending massive amounts on the club to underwrite his own failings. The rest is on a stadium that the club doesn't own. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

People just want a sensible, sustainable and open approach without reckless risk taking. That doesn't need billions. 

SL is only spending massive amounts on the club to underwrite his own failings. The rest is on a stadium that the club doesn't own. 

SL owns the club and the stadium so there's no third party involved even if some of the assets are allocated in different company structures

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The millions spent is his own money. He's recognised in football as one of the best owners and there are plenty of bad ones who wreck clubs. I do wonder sometimes if these comments asking him to go come from true BCFC fans or whether it's those who want us to fail, ie the blue few.

I dont think its lansdown,its the people around him (i know a couple)they would not get though the door at hargreves lansdown so why doeas he give them such top jobs at bcfc

It seems to me that the bile, hatred, jealousy, and contempt for Lee Johnson (which in my opinion is completely overblown and out of order) has spilled over on to Steve Lansdown.  It shows that many of our fans are pretty revolting human beings. It is certainly not a simple thing to run a rapidly growing and ambitious business like Bristol Sport, which has given us excellent facilities and big budgets.  We used to lurch from crisis to crisis - had an antiquated stadium and frequently a terrible pitch! Steve had given us so much, and is due a little respect.  In spite of the current situation we can rely on Steve to keep pushing onwards and upwards. I hope he is not put off by the types on this forum because he does not need to be doing this and we would all live to regret it if he decided to jack it in - because people decided to try to rock the boat until it capsized.  As I said - be careful what you wish for!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

It seems to me that the bile, hatred, jealousy, and contempt for Lee Johnson (which in my opinion is completely overblown and out of order) has spilled over on to Steve Lansdown.  It shows that many of our fans are pretty revolting human beings. It is certainly not a simple thing to run a rapidly growing and ambitious business like Bristol Sport, which has given us excellent facilities and big budgets.  We used to lurch from crisis to crisis - had an antiquated stadium and frequently a terrible pitch! Steve had given us so much, and is due a little respect.  In spite of the current situation we can rely on Steve to keep pushing onwards and upwards. I hope he is not put off by the types on this forum because he does not need to be doing this and we would all live to regret it if he decided to jack it in - because people decided to try to rock the boat until it capsized.  As I said - be careful what you wish for!

like i said before P***K

Condensed version.

Nice Lawn, spent a lot , exactly where used to be

I'm wishing for an owner who has a constructive relationship with the fans. We haven't got that. One that puts the club ahead of personal relationships. 

Just now, ciderbeans said:

Getting to the point where all he has done for the club means nothing as he is pretty much ruining it all through sheer stupidity in decision making across all aspects of the club currently. Primarily the staff.

I can't see how the club is ruined just because it's in a Championship relegation battle, it's what we've always done

43 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Garbage.

when Lansdown began his dictatorship we had a £10m positive balance sheet with an undervalued asset in Ashton Gate and plans with Football Trust funding to redevelop into a 30,000 stadium. All self financed by our own football club, not a rich individual taking over our football club.

Anyone that thinks a city the size of Bristol couldn't find somebody to do a better job is a little bit dim, 

i remember talking to les kew ( i think)and the plans were for a double decker all round .money was not the issue

Bring on the Venkys or Tan. SL has ploughed a lot of money into the club, we have a fantastic stadium, and rightly or wrongly, he's loyal to his managers. Let's look at the positives, there are a lot worse owners we could have. His heart is in the right place

11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Alternatively we all sit on our hands and say nothing when Mr Lansdown is presiding over a calamitous farce in case he decides to go??!! Where would you draw the line then? Mr Lansdown was the first one to soak up the acclaim when the stadium was unveiled, when the League One trophy was secured and the Football League Trophy was in the bag, Is it unreasonable that the supporters make demands upon him when things are going so badly under his stewardship?? Incidentally what is this 'jealousy' towards Lee Johnson that you refer to?!! He's the manager (whatever the title) and he has failed dismally. That has engendered some strong negative reactions. Similarly SL has imposed upon us BS which many supporters regard as alien to our club. If any boat is being rocked, I'd look at the Captain and the First Officer before blaming the turbulence from the sea.

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

IMG_0844.JPG

Just now, Chappers said:

Bring on the Venkys or Tan. SL has ploughed a lot of money into the club, we have a fantastic stadium, and rightly or wrongly, he's loyal to his managers. Let's look at the positives, there are a lot worse owners we could have. His heart is in the right place

Condensed. 

So long as it could be worse, let's ignore the storm and focus on the positives as a way of addressing the current problems? 

Just now, Bullbag said:

Awful post.

Revolting human beings? Get off your high horse.

Both are incompetant and have had more than enough time, and have failed miserably.

Ashton Gate has had a cracking pitch for 25+ years, long before the SL came along.

I once played on it in the early 90's for Portishead Juniors in a Woodspring tournament, it was like a bowling green.

An owner who knows a thing about football would be nice, not to much to ask is it.

We've had a lovely pitch for years, I agree. 

YOU ALL HAD YOUR REPLY...... on the City Web Site following the PNE debacle

It's BUSINESS AS USUAL

That is to say City have sold their best players, MONEY n the bank. The Fans have already bought their Season Tickets, MONEY in the bank. Now the poor Season Ticket Holders are a captive audience,  Cup of Tea, a Pint, a Pie or a Pasties, notice how it's all dearer now? thats  MONEY in the bank.

The Results don't matter anymore, just the MONEY in the bank, when are you poor sods going to realise, Ashton Gate as it was, was built for people to watch football. Fans on the terraces, singing in the East End and all that went with it young and old.

Look around the ground now Restaurant, MONEY in the bank, Bar's, MONEY in the bank, Cafe, MONEY in the bank, City Shop, Money in the bank. And then there is the Rugby, another MONEY in the bank merrygoround.

Did any of you poor sods get it yet?

BUSINESS AS USUAL

Currently there is only one interest it is a BUSINESS all they want is MONEY !!!!

There is only one way to get OUR BCFC back that is STOP THE FLOW OF CASH, if Landsdown has to put his hand in his own pocket things will change.

If he will not put his hand in his pocket then he will sell, time for fans ownership ???

I saw the light and voted with my feet when our beloved East End lost its identity to this new shopping mall they call a stadium.

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

Awful post.

Revolting human beings? Get off your high horse.

Both are incompetant and have had more than enough time, and have failed miserably.

Ashton Gate has had a cracking pitch for 25+ years, long before the SL came along.

I once played on it in the early 90's for Portishead Juniors in a Woodspring tournament, it was like a bowling green.

An owner who knows a thing about football would be nice, not to much to ask is it.

Apart from that time in the 90s when it looked more like Weston beach....

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well said. I couldn't of put it better myself.

7 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

i remember talking to les kew ( i think)and the plans were for a double decker all round .money was not the issue

Apart from the fact that he was all talk! He said we would be playing in Europe in five years - how did that work out?

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Apart from the fact that he was all talk! He said we would be playing in Europe in five years - how did that work out?

Ohhhh the irony of this Mr Apologist of all things Lansdown and Johnson

Now  :whistle:   Where else have I heard that .....:whistle:...... Europe in Five Years....:whistle:

Now who else would be dumb enough to say that .......:whistle:

Priceless

As you say 'All talk'   :thumbsup:

(Btw I think you will find it was Scott Davidson who said it , not Les Kew)

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ohhhh the irony of this Mr Apologist of all things Lansdown and Johnson

Now  :whistle:   Where else have I heard that .... Europe in Five Years....:whistle:

Priceless

As you say 'All talk'   :thumbsup:

(Btw I think you will find it was Scott Davidson who said it , not Les Kew)

It was before Davidson. The same board that refused to sign Stan Collymore.

Archived