IGNORED

LJ will be given the Wolves game ...

reddogkev

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It can only be personal friendship, no other logical answer applies.

I agree with Ole's lengthy post, we are far too nice and the atmosphere needs to get really unpleasant to strike home.

What was the only thing to rouse Lansdown from his sleepwalking? The so say "toxic" atmosphere against Fulham.

As there is no prospect of this fraud turning it around we need to repeat that.

unless we win we will.

I have a thought as to why SL has not sacked LJ by now; it’s only my thoughts based on a comment by LJ and their friendship. No claims of being ITK or hearing from the tea lady’s son’s girlfriend thing or Twitter rumours.

A few weeks ago after the Fulham loss, there was talk of a meeting and that LJ would be gone. There was a lot of talk on here about him going. In the later press conference that week, LJ alluded to the tough week he had with the meetings.

I reckon that around that time, SL would have been seriously contemplating sacking LJ and gave him a last plea bargain. LJ would say all the right things to convince SL he’s the man for the job.

But how about if LJ also made a counter offer to SL. If City get relegated under his charge, then LJ would resign his position and forfeit any right to compensation, whether it be the full amount of his remaining contract or at least the amount for the contract extension he signed?

Apart from City being relegated, this would be a win-win for SL.

1)  If City stay up, SL gets to keep his friend and coach that he fully trusts and LJ gets his third transfer window.

2) If City are relegated then SL does not have to sack a “close friend”, instead his friend quit under agreed terms

3) SL does not have to pay compensation which could be awkward that LJ would be taken money from a “close friend” and Club that he loves, for doing nothing. At least if he resigns, the Club and SL don’t pay him. I expect that LJ isn’t hurting for cash so walking away with “pride” that he quit rather than be sacked would benefit him, and also look better on his CV, and that he could have a leaving press conference just like they did with GJ.

4) If LJ resigns if City are relegated, they would not be paying 2 ex managers (LJ and SC).

5) SL may have looked at the league table and thought that there is no way City would be in the last 3 at the end of the season so stay the course with the one he chose.

Only my thoughts on the current situation.

10 hours ago, Super said:

didn't we lose 6-1 to them at home a few years back?

Think that was Benny's first game in charge. Over the years we've had a dreadful time against Wolves, I know since I've got a friend who's a Wolves fan and always watches the game at the Gate and I can't remember us ever beating them. Since they've won the last 5 on the bounce can't see things changing on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

LJ is here to take us down, he will not get sacked this season. 

or the next one Sl`s dream does not allow for trivialities he wants all sports under his umbrella control in Bristol it seems.

2 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

I have a thought as to why SL has not sacked LJ by now; it’s only my thoughts based on a comment by LJ and their friendship. No claims of being ITK or hearing from the tea lady’s son’s girlfriend thing or Twitter rumours.

A few weeks ago after the Fulham loss, there was talk of a meeting and that LJ would be gone. There was a lot of talk on here about him going. In the later press conference that week, LJ alluded to the tough week he had with the meetings.

I reckon that around that time, SL would have been seriously contemplating sacking LJ and gave him a last plea bargain. LJ would say all the right things to convince SL he’s the man for the job.

But how about if LJ also made a counter offer to SL. If City get relegated under his charge, then LJ would resign his position and forfeit any right to compensation, whether it be the full amount of his remaining contract or at least the amount for the contract extension he signed?

1)  If City stay up, SL gets to keep his friend and coach that he fully trusts and LJ gets his third transfer window.

2) If City are relegated then SL does not have to sack a “close friend”, instead his friend quit under agreed terms

3) SL does not have to pay compensation which could be awkward that LJ would be taken money from a “close friend” and Club that he loves, for doing nothing. At least if he resigns, the Club and SL don’t pay him. I expect that LJ isn’t hurting for cash so walking away with “pride” that he quit rather than be sacked would benefit him, and also look better on his CV, and that he could have a leaving press conference just like they did with GJ.

4) If LJ resigns if City are relegated, they would not be paying 2 ex managers (LJ and SC).

5) SL may have looked at the league table and thought that there is no way City would be in the last 3 at the end of the season so stay the course with the one he chose.

Could be another good reason.

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hopefully Brighton will be promoted by the time we play them and their players will be half cut. Strange results when a team are done and dusted. Celtic only drew with Partick at home yesterday after smashing the rest of the division all season.

Excuse me! Ahem! The mighty Jags put in an amazing performance last night at Parkhead and fully deserved their point. I saw Thistle draw 0-0 at Celtic in front of an 18,000 crowd....pretty pathetic for the self-congratulatory 'hoops' - especially when you consider Thistle had 6,000 fans there that day.....great memories!

And lest we forget the Scottish League Cup Final of 1971 when the Jags thumped the Celtic of Jimmy Johnstone, Lou Macari, Kenny Dalglish, Davie Hay etc etc etc - it was only 4-1 to the Harry Wraggs!

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Perhaps I can be of assistance. At the end of the Championship relegation season when SOD was in charge SL was asked by AB how working with SOD was. SL's response was very revealing. "We're learning how to get used to working with Sean, he likes to be left alone to get on with the job". I heard at the time that SOD was simply not interested in speaking to SL on a regular basis. SOD was stubborn, as was SC and both ultimately did not find favour with SL.

LJ...I get the impression is more a case of SL saying "jump" and LJ saying "how high", hence he is being given an even longer than usual piece of rope to hang himself.

Spot on 

I would suggest that when SL wanted to know all that was happening within the dressing room SC would have said something to the effect of 'Leave the players and dressing room to me' probably in an irritated tone and with some blunter words

Whereas as you say, the Failing Apprentice would say 'what do you want to know Uncle Steve'

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Think that was Benny's first game in charge. Over the years we've had a dreadful time against Wolves, I know since I've got a friend who's a Wolves fan and always watches the game at the Gate and I can't remember us ever beating them. Since they've won the last 5 on the bounce can't see things changing on Saturday.

It was Benny's second game, following a 5-0 defeat away to a Northern club (Bradford City). A bit of a pattern developing here?

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Excuse me! Ahem! The mighty Jags put in an amazing performance last night at Parkhead and fully deserved their point. I saw Thistle draw 0-0 at Celtic in front of an 18,000 crowd....pretty pathetic for the self-congratulatory 'hoops' - especially when you consider Thistle had 6,000 fans there that day.....great memories!

And lest we forget the Scottish League Cup Final of 1971 when the Jags thumped the Celtic of Jimmy Johnstone, Lou Macari, Kenny Dalglish, Davie Hay etc etc etc - it was only 4-1 to the Harry Wraggs!

I'm sure they put in a decent shift and Archibald is working wonders on the second smallest budget in the Division and 3500 gates. However, if Celtic were not already champions I'm sure they would have put Thistle to the sword yesterday.

6 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm sure they put in a decent shift and Archibald is working wonders on the second smallest budget in the Division and 3500 gates. However, if Celtic were not already champions I'm sure they would have put Thistle to the sword yesterday.

Fair play! We really do punch above our weight in Scotland, and I say 'we' because I've actually supported the Jags for longer than City (long story), and it doesn't help that die hard Thistle fans really do believe that Partick is the third biggest club in Scotland! But we are giving it a real go this season, it's great to be in the top half of the table, unchartered territory recently!

28 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I reckon Steve Lansdown enjoyed the promotion season so much he wants to do it all again! 

Won't happen, can see it now LJ still in charge and searching for a team he trusts, beaten by the gas home and away and knocked out of the JPT in first tie at home

Normally, compensation for dismissal would change if we sack this so called 'coach', whilst the team are in the bottom three. But we are not. And even then, Steve Lansdown will not sack.
His heels are dug in deep with arms crossed and it would look so terrible for him and his family, given their close relationship to the Johnson's and Gary's recent health situation.

NEVER employ family and friends to help run your football club.

14 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

We beat them at the Gate last season, 1-0, Kodjia header. 

On 06/04/2017 at 08:30, ColeCiderRed said:

Or as we lost by 5 in our last game, not take our seats until the 5th minute of the Wolves match. Won't mean much as banners, boos, ST renewals declined, OUT threads, social media meltdowns, insults etc have done sod all to show the board our upset. But worth a try. 

Don't take your seat untill the 92nd minute if you want to make an impression.

16 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

17 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

What we know is that the chief scout has left; the assistant coach that is not a pal of Johnson has left, sacked (and replaced by a good pal of the head coach); that the owner has singled out one player - Tomlin - for a "pull yer socks up" message; the head coach has publicly been critical of many of the players; the owner has taken the trouble to point out to "the crowd" - not, a section or some, of the crowd, note - where they have made things difficult for the team; and the owner gave the head coach a contract extension 10 months into a three and a half year contract, as the team fell like a stone down the league table.

In other words, a developing picture or policy of blaming everyone other than those in the top positions at this club in the best place and with the greatest influence to do something about the success and the direction of the team and so the club.

SL and LJ do not think they are the problem. 

The situation so defies any logic we are left with nothing except speculation (sometimes based upon actions) as to what on earth everyone is doing. 

I don't expect anything to insightful tomorrow from SL beyond a get behind the team speech. 

The issue is for many is their club is now SLFC which was a danger many have mentioned over the last few years. 

Who knows how things will go tomorrow but if we don't show up SL is going to be more in the firing line than LJ. SIGH!!!

On 06/04/2017 at 07:21, reddogkev said:

as his final chance.

As he hasn't been sacked yesterday, it seems like the club are giving LJ the Wolves game as a final opportunity.  When you scrutinise this decision, there is a slight degree of sense.

Clearly, the board and the owner want to retain the services of Johnson Junior (why, we'll never know?).  They must be hoping for a home repeat of the Huddersfield miracle, and pray that it undoes the damage of the last shocking defeat.  From their perspective, it is easier for them to keep a manager, rather than embark on the process of recruiting again and facing all the inevitable transition.

After Wolves we have:

QPR  - Blackburn - Barnsley - Brighton - Birmingham.

If we lose to Wolves, and Lee is finally dismissed, will the above games give us a fair chance of survival, considering the impact of a new boss?  We'd have to beat QPR, avoid defeat to Blackburn, and certainly get at least 4 points from Barnsley and Birmingham.  Brighton is a banker for a City loss.

Is it the right approach to give such a terrible manager one last chance?  I'd be amazed if we somehow beat Wolves on Saturday.

If it is his last chance then the only thing I can see saving us is wilbs taking charge for the last few games.

I was working for someone who is slightly ITK today, he knows a few of the staff at AG on the coaching side, he is adament that the powers that be believe that LJ is the man to take us back up next season and he definitely won't be sacked this season.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The situation so defies any logic we are left with nothing except speculation (sometimes based upon actions) as to what on earth everyone is doing. 

I don't expect anything to insightful tomorrow from SL beyond a get behind the team speech. 

The issue is for many is their club is now SLFC which was a danger many have mentioned over the last few years. 

Who knows how things will go tomorrow but if we don't show up SL is going to be more in the firing line than LJ. SIGH!!!

They might as well play his previous interview. 

9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

What we know is that the chief scout has left; the assistant coach that is not a pal of Johnson has left, sacked (and replaced by a good pal of the head coach); that the owner has singled out one player - Tomlin - for a "pull yer socks up" message; the head coach has publicly been critical of many of the players; the owner has taken the trouble to point out to "the crowd" - not, a section or some, of the crowd, note - where they have made things difficult for the team; and the owner gave the head coach a contract extension 10 months into a three and a half year contract, as the team fell like a stone down the league table.

In other words, a developing picture or policy of blaming everyone other than those in the top positions at this club in the best place and with the greatest influence to do something about the success and the direction of the team and so the club.

SL and LJ do not think they are the problem

Neither will EVER admit fault, preferring to deflect it elsewhere; LJ is a master at this but even he is getting caught out repeating the same excuses randomly. Looks like SL maybe in for this one, so I would expect an improvement but wont hold my breath.

Archived