IGNORED

Preston Refund - Confirmed

RaspberryRed

This is an utter shambles. Are the players now ADMITTING they didn't try?

Why else would you offer a refund? Wonder if the Football League will be taking note.

What a gutless bunch of overpaid, mediocre, mercenaries.  No pride, no bottle.  Just chuck a few quid at the plebs who turn up and it'll all go away.

I'm literally stunned.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

So did the club and LJ shame them into this, or was it the players idea ? Because one is a very welcome gesture and the other another nail in player/club relationship coffin.

That's what I have been trying to say. Thank you that's exactly right, the two things are very different.

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'm not sure I follow? 

Divide between the players and management?

Yep. Lots of rumours that LJ has fallen out with the majority of the squad. 

Suggests the team don't want to play for him hence the 5-0 drubbing. 

But with hindsight and the row it's caused, it looks like the squad have realised the fans displeasure. So have decided to refund them themselves out of their own pockets. 312 fans at £24 a ticket (yes I know that's not allowing for kids tickets, oaps etc) equals £7488. Divide that by the 14 squad members that played is £534 per team member.

I did both, also got tickets for Blackburn, you don't go to these matches expecting to win, you go to support your side. They were poor first half against Brentford, better in the 2nd half and did enough to get a point. Preston was just one of those games that happens. I've been supporting them since 1966 and always will, if it's in your blood it's in your blood. Managers, owners and players come and go. Real supporters never go, nothing you can do about it, just the way it is. Hoping for a better performance on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I did both, also got tickets for Blackburn, you don't go to these matches expecting to win, you go to support your side. They were poor first half against Brentford, better in the 2nd half and did enough to get a point. Preston was just one of those games that happens. I've been supporting them since 1966 and always will, if it's in your blood it's in your blood. Managers, owners and players come and go. Real supporters never go, nothing you can do about it, just the way it is. Hoping for a better performance on Saturday.

Quite agree, it's a dying viewpoint though. You can't necessarily argue with it but there's a real sense of entitlement these days over things people know might not go the way they want.

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This was just on the main sports news on BBC 5 live too. If this was driven by the players (and it sounds like it was) then can only say fair play to them.

Fair play indeed in principal, but psychologically having to prepare for the next game when you as a player, not your club, have had to refund fans as you have felt guilty and embarrassed about your performance isn't going to help. Now if the wider media are reporting this, depending on how they are handling it, the whole bloody world will know we are crap!

Who ever thought this was a good PR spin should be shot. Let's get to safety first then leak the news of who was behind the refund, the players don't need this now.

Just now, RedM said:

Fair play indeed in principal, but psychologically having to prepare for the next game when you as a player, not your club, have had to refund fans as you have felt guilty and embarrassed about your performance isn't going to help. Now if the wider media are reporting this, depending on how they are handling it, the whole bloody world will know we are crap!

Who ever thought this was a good PR spin should be shot. Let's get to safety first then leak the news of who was behind the refund, the players don't need this now.

I think you might be over thinking this a bit M.

Only city could turn refunds to supporters in to a PR disaster,

First it's the billionaire owner so that doesn't go down well it's changed to the players,

But this ant right as its the worst thing at the wrong time as should be trying to build there confidence no having them say they are poor,

And worst of all little Lee the one man who should have given something is not involved at all, so showing that in his mind he did everything right on Tuesday, what a mess :facepalm:

Cool, so those who went to the two 7-1 defeats at Northampton and Swansea, where do we queue for our refunds? Although, as we notched in both games I suppose the club will say that is evidence we were 'trying'.....bit of a dangerous precedent this...I've been to zillions of hideous away defeats, many in midweek, have never thought I deserved any refunds, I chose to go...

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Presumably it was the players who thought it was a good idea and they are happy to take the 'plaudits' for it.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Presumably it was the players who thought it was a good idea and they are happy to take the 'plaudits' for it.

Confirms it all about footballers then doesn't it;)

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The players are refunding us?  wow. I'm not sure what message I'm reading from this, very greatful but wow. 

If it is 100 % player initiative then fair play . I suspect however it is Bristol Sport PR spin machine  working to try and stop or reduce any toxicity on Saturday .  The board should now refund all travel costs or provide free coaches to Blackburn . The way this Bristol Sport company carries on , it reminds me of Comical Ali telling the west that Iraq was stil in it as the statues toppled . I expect Hordur is being docked wages for not saving the game when he came on . 

Appalling 

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Then they can repay everybody that's attended this season by putting on a show Saturday and the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

This is an utter shambles. Are the players now ADMITTING they didn't try?

Why else would you offer a refund? Wonder if the Football League will be taking note.

What a gutless bunch of overpaid, mediocre, mercenaries.  No pride, no bottle.  Just chuck a few quid at the plebs who turn up and it'll all go away.

I'm literally stunned.

An utter shambles STARTED by an inept fraud of a Manager and continued by the players. Until a few key players (including "one of our own" in my view) leave the club and said fraud packs up his powerpoint presentation and fooks off for good it will continue to be a shambles.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

An utter shambles STARTED by an inept fraud of a Manager and continued by the players. Until a few key players (including "one of our own" in my view) leave the club and said fraud packs up his powerpoint presentation and fooks off for good it will continue to be a shambles.

I understand it was the PowerPoint presentation that got us Tammy.....

Just received the refunds. Didn't want it but appreciate the players gesture. Would rather the club had kept it and put it towards something useful like Lee Johnson's compensation payment.

Not sure about precedent, it's a nice touch, part of me does worry that players have given up on the manager and this is just them clearing the slate on their guilt, so they are in credit to do it all again and give Johnson some more rope...

As bad as LJ is, I would prefer if the players went into the coming games with all their personal credibility still resting on the outcome, busting a gut to over compensate for the managers tactical weakness, not believing all is forgiven. 

Great gesture albeit they are being asked to dance to the corporate tune I expect. 

Still nothing touches LJ though. Are the club going to offer monetary accountability for the shower of excrement LJ et al have served up all year? 

A charade really. 

Archived