IGNORED

Angus Scott

In the below link there are several articles about SL's circus, some we know like LJ's comical nomination for championship manager of the month FFS even the FL is taking the piss out of us.

There is also a fact that the team who demolished our pussies on Tuesday have spent 250k on new players since the summer.

And a cryptic quote from reporter Angus Scott about the running of the circus, with the promise to tell all when the time is right, whenever that might be.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-news-transfer-rumours-19067

16 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

He seems to love a cryptic tweet. Perhaps it's attention seeking. But he doesn't seem to have any courage himself to say anything of substance.

Why would Angus Scott need to do any attention seeking? Strikes me he is a passionate fan and like many of us want the best for our club, but he clearly has some serious concerns about those in power at the football club. And being well-connected in the football club he has obviously heard things to back up his tweets from credible sources.

Fair play to him for tweeting what he has so far but I do hope he spills the beans, maybe come the end of the season.

I suspect he is probably referring to interference in first team affairs from the boardroom and the reason LJ is still here is that he is a model 'yes man' and this works perfectly for the owner but we shall wait and see.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why would Angus Scott need to do any attention seeking? Strikes me he is a passionate fan and like many of us want the best for our club, but he clearly has some serious concerns about those in power at the football club. And being well-connected in the football club he has obviously heard things to back up his tweets from credible sources.

Fair play to him for tweeting what he has so far but I do hope he spills the beans, maybe come the end of the season.

I suspect he is probably referring to interference in first team affairs from the boardroom and the reason LJ is still here is that he is a model 'yes man' and this works perfectly for the owner but we shall wait and see.

He tweeted something similar a few weeks ago too

I suspect it's along the lines of what you said above, which is also what Flapper referred to as well. Smoke + fire = ?

Just now, Woodsy said:

Pretty much word for word

It makes you want to give up to be fair! We're all wasting our time and emotions getting excited about City being competitive in this division anytime soon, if what flapper/Angus Scott and others have alluded to is true.

As for Premier League / Europe, I've accepted this is pure fantasy so long as SL remains at the helm. I just wish he and his managers would stop spouting this bollox.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It makes you want to give up to be fair! We're all wasting our time and emotions getting excited about City being competitive in this division anytime soon, if what flapper/Angus Scott and others have alluded to is true.

As for Premier League / Europe, I've accepted this is pure fantasy so long as SL remains at the helm. I just wish he and his managers would stop spouting this bollox.

I wish they'd just tell us what it is. I'm fed up of all this speculation. 

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The Europe League statement was such a dumb **** thing to come out with at a time when we were going well. I wonder if he even cringes when he thinks about it now, or whether on planet LJ (population 1, and dwindling) whether it's still possible

Just now, old parkender said:

Do we really need it spelling out for us? 

Steve and John Lansdown interfere with team matters, it's why cotterill got the bullet and why lee Johnson is still in a job. We won't get a decent manager until that situation changes

Not disputing 100% as the current situation is just too strange imho. But surely this would have come out by now if it were the case? We've had too many managers and all their associated personnel over the years for it not to have come out (save for some extremely high level comments from Flapper). Surely?! 

4 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Do we really need it spelling out for us? 

Steve and John Lansdown interfere with team matters, it's why cotterill got the bullet and why lee Johnson is still in a job. We won't get a decent manager until that situation changes

He didn't get the bullet because he was unable to get us out the relegation zone then?

Just now, old parkender said:

It's out there in football circles mate, trouble is people don't like to put their head above the parapet. 

Fair play mate. It's not the first time it's come up obviously!  Be good if someone would have the balls to do it properly but it'd have to be ultra watertight as has already been said. 

I can't see that he would break a confidence given how he makes a living. Nobody would tell him anything in future if he did. The guy's a staunch City fan though, seen him many times at games.

Imagine being in his business and knowing something juicy and not being able to say anything, especially given the absolute car crash our cub has become? Must be seriously frustrating!

10 minutes ago, old parkender said:

No he got the bullet because of a massive fall out with the Lansdowns over their interference in transfers and playing matters. Cotts would not bend the knee to sir Steven 

Ben Gladwin from Swindon was mentioned to me… Cotts refused to play him because SL got him in, against his wishes.

8 minutes ago, old parkender said:

No he got the bullet because of a massive fall out with the Lansdowns over their interference in transfers and playing matters. Cotts would not bend the knee to sir Steven 

So the fact that we had not got out of the bottom three and his last season here makes the current one look like a success is irrelevant then?

Sorry. I'm calling BS. If he'd had a huge bust-up over transfers he'd have walked at the start of the season, not after playing the same failing formation for 6 bloody months.

Do you think the Lansdowns told him to stick with his failing tactics?  If so,  why was Pemberton able to instantly change them and get more success. 

Criticise the board by all means but take off the rose-coloured specs regarding Cotterill's ability as a Championship manager. 

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can't see that he would break a confidence given how he makes a living. Nobody would tell him anything in future if he did. The guy's a staunch City fan though, seen him many times at games.

Imagine being in his business and knowing something juicy and not being able to say anything, especially given the absolute car crash our cub has become? Must be seriously frustrating!

Surely you just make up a profile and post on here.? :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

So the fact that we had not got out of the bottom three and his last season here makes the current one look like a success is irrelevant then?

Sorry. I'm calling BS. If he'd had a huge bust-up over transfers he'd have walked at the start of the season, not after playing the same failing formation for 6 bloody months.

Do you think the Lansdowns told him to stick with his failing tactics?  If so,  why was Pemberton able to instantly change them and get more success. 

Criticise the board by all means but take off the rose-coloured specs regarding Cotterill's ability as a Championship manager. 

I think it's a given that two of Cotts' more spiteful and less useful qualities are his stubbornness and petulance. He most likely stuck with his tactics out of principle. Something I could very much imagine Cotts' doing.

Archived