IGNORED

Angus Scott

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

So the fact that we had not got out of the bottom three and his last season here makes the current one look like a success is irrelevant then?

Sorry. I'm calling BS. If he'd had a huge bust-up over transfers he'd have walked at the start of the season, not after playing the same failing formation for 6 bloody months.

Do you think the Lansdowns told him to stick with his failing tactics?  If so,  why was Pemberton able to instantly change them and get more success. 

Criticise the board by all means but take off the rose-coloured specs regarding Cotterill's ability as a Championship manager. 

Cotts was far from innocent but it got to a stand off between him and the owners. Ask around about the gray, Gayle and maguire transfers, that was the start of the  friction which escalated as the season progressed. As an aside, do you think that steve cotterills record with city was better or worse than our current manager?

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why would Angus Scott need to do any attention seeking? Strikes me he is a passionate fan and like many of us want the best for our club, but he clearly has some serious concerns about those in power at the football club. And being well-connected in the football club he has obviously heard things to back up his tweets from credible sources.

Fair play to him for tweeting what he has so far but I do hope he spills the beans, maybe come the end of the season.

I suspect he is probably referring to interference in first team affairs from the boardroom and the reason LJ is still here is that he is a model 'yes man' and this works perfectly for the owner but we shall wait and see.

What ive suspected for a long time.

More this season has gone on, the more things make sense.

I for one want shot of SL. and the BS crap. I obviously realise its not that simple, and its just my view.

28 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

If true, might help explain why Coppell left so quickly too.

Pretty well established reference Coppell: promises not kept and interference from the top.  At least he had the principles to walk.  At the time I had it in for him and felt he'd left us right in the shit, but looking back, he was smart enough to realise what was coming and jumped early.  Can't hold that against him. In fact, I admire him for it. 

4 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Cotts was far from innocent but it got to a stand off between him and the owners. Ask around about the gray, Gayle and maguire transfers, that was the start of the  friction which escalated as the season progressed. As an aside, do you think that steve cotterills record with city was better or worse than our current manager?

In the Championship it's statistically worse. No question about that.

And regarding transfers: you start setting them up before the end of the season before, not in July. And you have alternatives. And you move on when you fail to land your catches. In a timely manner. 

I'm happy to blame Lansdown for his sticking with a failing LJ,  but most of the blame for Cotterill's sacking has to lie with Cotterill himself.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

In the Championship it's statistically worse. No question about that.

And regarding transfers: you start setting them up before the end of the season before, not in July. And you have alternatives. And you move on when you fail to land your catches. In a timely manner. 

I'm happy to blame Lansdown for his sticking with a failing LJ,  but most of the blame for Cotterill's sacking has to lie with Cotterill himself.

Correct you set up transfers in the summer, but do you come back from holiday to find certain people had tried to renegotiate them and they have collapsed?

4 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Correct you set up transfers in the summer, but do you come back from holiday to find certain people had tried to renegotiate them and they have collapsed?

So says the myth. I've yet to see the evidence. 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

What evidence are you expecting to see?

pointless arguing,  I know I'm right and you dont believe it, it doesn't matter. 

Im not blowing smoke up cotterills ass, he infuriated me at times and no doubt would have been sacked  sooner or later but do you not think after that glorious double season he deserved the same backing as lee Johnson has had? He didn't and was sacked at the first opportunity, why was that?

1 minute ago, old parkender said:

pointless arguing,  I know I'm right and you dont believe it, it doesn't matter. 

Im not blowing smoke up cotterills ass, he infuriated me at times and no doubt would have been sacked  sooner or later but do you not think after that glorious double season he deserved the same backing as lee Johnson has had? He didn't and was sacked at the first opportunity, why was that?

Screenshot_20170406-142033.jpg.e1128fb8e41725b5da4c8b97d8fabe1e.jpg

19 minutes ago, old parkender said:

I'm going to quote Jules from Pulp Fiction "personality goes a long way".

Clearly Lansdown likes LJ more than he did the last two managers. Probably feels he's more intelligent - which he may well be in a non-football sense. And as has been noted LJ does talk-the-talk.

Truly a case of bullshit baffles brains though, because Stevie Wonder could see Johnson ain't walking-the-walk.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Not disputing 100% as the current situation is just too strange imho. But surely this would have come out by now if it were the case? We've had too many managers and all their associated personnel over the years for it not to have come out (save for some extremely high level comments from Flapper). Surely?! 

When managers leave they usually negotiate their termination agreements and compensation along with clauses relating to media etc and the clubs operations. In essence an agreed paid gagging order.

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm going to quote Jules from Pulp Fiction "personality goes a long way".

Clearly Lansdown likes LJ more than he did the last two managers. Probably feels he's more intelligent - which he may well be in a non-football sense. And as has been noted LJ does talk-the-talk.

Truly a case of bullshit baffles brains though, because Stevie Wonder could see Johnson ain't walking-the-walk.

Barnsley fans said the same, he's a smooth operator, charming - but sadly is all smoke and no fire, which brings us onto what a some of them said about him manipulating people at the club. Do our players feel that their manager does not have their back ?

Just now, Fiale said:

Barnsley fans said the same, he's a smooth operator, charming - but sadly is all smoke and no fire, which brings us onto what a some of them said about him manipulating people at the club. Do our players feel that their manager does not have their back ?

Certainly looks that way, Mr F.  I note also the thread with the - admittedly embittered - anti-Ashton thoughts of a retired Watford local journalist. 

I'm always loathe to believe the "he's lost the dressing room" stuff you read about various managers, but I don't find it hard to believe that our current players are disattisfied with LJ 

11 minutes ago, Fiale said:

When managers leave they usually negotiate their termination agreements and compensation along with clauses relating to media etc and the clubs operations. In essence an agreed paid gagging order.

Indeed. I get that. But I still think stuff would've leaked out if it was so prevalent. 

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why would Angus Scott need to do any attention seeking? Strikes me he is a passionate fan and like many of us want the best for our club, but he clearly has some serious concerns about those in power at the football club. And being well-connected in the football club he has obviously heard things to back up his tweets from credible sources.

Fair play to him for tweeting what he has so far but I do hope he spills the beans, maybe come the end of the season.

I suspect he is probably referring to interference in first team affairs from the boardroom and the reason LJ is still here is that he is a model 'yes man' and this works perfectly for the owner but we shall wait and see.

Far to much interference from the owner and others.

When Mcinnes was manager Jon Lansdown was trying to tell him which players to pick and kept coming into the changing room before matches and trying to give team talks.

A fair few City fans have know what's be going on for years but always got shot down by super fans on here.

But now the chickens are coming up to roost and there is no more excuses , no more hiding places.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Ben Gladwin from Swindon was mentioned to me… Cotts refused to play him because SL got him in, against his wishes.

Sorry but this is soooo clearly bullshit. Purely down to the fact Gladwin signed for us after Cotterill was sacked

54 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Exactly what I was told, OP. Gray was agreed in terms of wages, then someone asked him to take less.....stunning way of doing business

48 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think there is 'evidence' as such, Robbo. I trust the person who told me, same as OP with his. I guess there was nothing written down that I could screenshot and send you. Nothing will convince you, which is fair enough, but I have no reason to doubt what I was told. In fact the promotion summer I'm amazed it didn't happen more often. Seems there was a lot going on at the time. And none of it reflected well on the club

As for SC, I don't doubt it was time for him to go, the relationship had gone, and there's only one winner in that position, but I'd kill for his leadership and the togetherness that gave the lads, right now

Just now, Woodsy said:

Exactly what I was told, OP. Gray was agreed in terms of wages, then someone asked him to take less.....stunning way of doing business

I don't think there is 'evidence' as such, Robbo. I trust the person who told me, same as OP with his. I guess there was nothing written down that I could screenshot and send you. Nothing will convince you, which is fair enough, but I have no reason to doubt what I was told. In fact the promotion summer I'm amazed it didn't happen more often. Seems there was a lot going on at the time. And none of it reflected well on the club

As for SC, I don't doubt it was time for him to go, the relationship had gone, and there's only one winner in that position, but I'd kill for his leadership and the togetherness that gave the lads, right now

100% true. I have been told the transfer saga story and it's a fact.

SC was hung out to dry by the board and owner, they were looking to get rid of him and bring in LJ .

Just now, bs3 said:

100% true. I have been told the transfer saga story and it's a fact.

SC was hung out to dry by the board and owner, they were looking to get rid of him and bring in LJ .

Well, that is one plan that SL executed to perfection. Credit where it's due.....!

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Well Somerset is the "show me" state of the UK  so forgive me if I need to see evidence before I go with what people have been told by unnamed third parties - who themselves might be passing on hearsay. 

Regarding Gray: I don't find it hard to believe that City could be outbid by Burnley  with the benefit of their parachute payments and the (correct) expectation that they'd go straight back to the PL.

City had just come up from L1 with a half-built new stadium and a low playing budget under FFP due to these two factors. There was a limit to what we could pay even a star striker, particularly when you consider that meeting all of Gray's wage demands might have impacted on the rest of the team, both in resentment and in terms of pushing our budget over the max and making other cuts necessary.  We won L1 with a very small squad and Cotts tried to continue that going in the Championship. If signing Gray meant further reducing squad size, we would be storing up big trouble for ourselves.

Anyway, Preston have showed us that you don't need to fork out on £9m players to compete in this division,  if you have the right manager.

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

On reflection was it not the transfer fee for Maguire that was agreed then we tried to lower it.?

Now that part rings a bell, seems like something we would do!

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Well Somerset is the "show me" state of the UK  so forgive me if I need to see evidence before I go with what people have been told by unnamed third parties - who themselves might be passing on hearsay. 

Regarding Gray: I don't find it hard to believe that City could be outbid by Burnley  with the benefit of their parachute payments and the (correct) expectation that they'd go straight back to the PL.

City had just come up from L1 with a half-built new stadium and a low playing budget under FFP due to these two factors. There was a limit to what we could pay even a star striker, particularly when you consider that meeting all of Gray's wage demands might have impacted on the rest of the team, both in resentment and in terms of pushing our budget over the max and making other cuts necessary.  We won L1 with a very small squad and Cotts tried to continue that going in the Championship. If signing Gray meant further reducing squad size, we would be storing up big trouble for ourselves.

Anyway, Preston have showed us that you don't need to fork out on £9m players to compete in this division,  if you have the right manager.

Fair enough. But Burnley weren't in the mix when we first spoke to Gray. If we had left the deal alone then chances are he would have signed, he was in Bristol. Do I blame him for choosing Burnley, good God, no. But we could've got him. And for a lot less than I believe Tomlin to be on right now

This has come from a friend who knows someone. I don't know any of the other people posting the same in 'real life', I don't know where their info comes from, but there's a lot of unconnected people who have all heard the same thing

We agree on the final sentence of your post!

Archived