IGNORED

LJ Press Conference

cummins17

Sick and tired of reading/ listening to the same old drivel that comes out of his mouth week after week. I can't wait for this season to be over either way.

All of the hard work and everything Cotts built has been completely undone. 18 months ago we were "a sleeping giant on the move" according to various pundits, now we're going backwards. 

Lee Johnson, is a young man under enormous pressure, trying to make sure that our club is not relegated.  Some may say it is his fault - but right now bothe he and our team need us as supporters to get behind them and beat Wolves, QPR, Barnsley and Brum at home and Blackburn and Brighton away. It is in everyones interest that he achieves his very difficult task - so maybe it is time to give everyone in our club the support that they so badly need. Park all this negative stuff until after the seaon is finished.  With a wall of support and loud, positive ecouragement - we can make the difference! COYR!

Same shit different day.

The trouble is we have heard every single bullsit word tumble from his gob far too many times already this season and only the blind swallow it now.

The gesture of making the players refund fans who witnessed the gutless Preston surrender is all well and good but nowhere near enough.

Yet again the puppet clown has been let off of the hook but gutless reporters, one question should have been "can you explain your totally ridiculous post match statement singling out a player (whom you signed) and who only entered the game at 3-0".

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Lee Johnson, is a young man under enormous pressure, trying to make sure that our club is not relegated.  Some may say it is his fault - but right now bothe he and our team need us as supporters to get behind them and beat Wolves, QPR, Barnsley and Brum at home and Blackburn and Brighton away. It is in everyones interest that he achieves his very difficult task - so maybe it is time to give everyone in our club the support that they so badly need. Park all this negative stuff until after the seaon is finished.  With a wall of support and loud, positive ecouragement - we can make the difference! COYR!

Everything you say has happened all season and has not made a jot of difference, your aiming your comments in totally the wrong direction, anyone who says it's not his fault should actually explain exactly who is too blame.

if you are suggesting that SL is too blame, yes he is culpable in this instance but the buck always stops with the manager that is the law, what makes LJ so different?.

The man is clueless and the players have lost respect for him, it's called losing the dressing room.

21 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

No, will not bend over and take it.

You can if you like

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Everything you say has happened all season and has not made a jot of difference, your aiming your comments in totally the wrong direction, anyone who says it's not his fault should actually explain exactly who is too blame.

if you are suggesting that SL is too blame, yes he is culpable in this instance but the buck always stops with the manager that is the law, what makes LJ so different?.

The man is clueless and the players have lost respect for him, it's called losing the dressing room.

Well that is one way of looking at it EMB.  It seems to me that a number of mistakes have been made and it is unclear who is to blame.  SL has sold his idea of developing our own young talent in order to help create a more self sustaining club.  This is a wonderful idea - and he sold it to MA and LJ amongst others.  We spent a significant amount of the transfer budget on players who were too young to really make an impact.  The experienced players, such as GON (who has ended up being a bit of a sicknote and is clearly struggling for fitness), Matthews, who seems to have all sorts of motivational problems that should not be part of the make-up of an international player, and Lee Tomlin, who has blown hot and cold and been a shadow of the palyer we saw last season.  Injuries to Korey Smith and others have proved to be troublesome.  This has been a difficult season with the end of the previous loan system, bigger squads to keep happy and some unbelievable refereeing decisions e.g. Alby's goal against Burton, that would have given us two more points and them one less. There have been 8 other instances where the referees association has written to the club to apologise for similarly terrible decision - and this has cost us a number of points, that should have us in mid table.  From what I can see, SL has seen the fortitude that LJ has brought to the job and is backing him in the face of adversity - he knows what is really happening within the club.  Meanwhile, the mob are baying for blood and applying even more tension and stress on to the players.  I have tried to speak out in support and urged people to leave all this negative stuff until the end of the season.  Right now we need to pull together to win every point we can to avoid the drop so that we can push on next season.  Sorry if that does not fit with your view of matters, but there it is! 

25 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well that is one way of looking at it EMB.  It seems to me that a number of mistakes have been made and it is unclear who is to blame.  SL has sold his idea of developing our own young talent in order to help create a more self sustaining club.  This is a wonderful idea - and he sold it to MA and LJ amongst others.  We spent a significant amount of the transfer budget on players who were too young to really make an impact.  The experienced players, such as GON (who has ended up being a bit of a sicknote and is clearly struggling for fitness), Matthews, who seems to have all sorts of motivational problems that should not be part of the make-up of an international player, and Lee Tomlin, who has blown hot and cold and been a shadow of the palyer we saw last season.  Injuries to Korey Smith and others have proved to be troublesome.  This has been a difficult season with the end of the previous loan system, bigger squads to keep happy and some unbelievable refereeing decisions e.g. Alby's goal against Burton, that would have given us two more points and them one less. There have been 8 other instances where the referees association has written to the club to apologise for similarly terrible decision - and this has cost us a number of points, that should have us in mid table.  From what I can see, SL has seen the fortitude that LJ has brought to the job and is backing him in the face of adversity - he knows what is really happening within the club.  Meanwhile, the mob are baying for blood and applying even more tension and stress on to the players.  I have tried to speak out in support and urged people to leave all this negative stuff until the end of the season.  Right now we need to pull together to win every point we can to avoid the drop so that we can push on next season.  Sorry if that does not fit with your view of matters, but there it is! 

As I said we have done all of that and exactly what difference has it made? and then you trot out the bullshit excuses, just a couple of facts for balance, the corner for the winning goal at Wigan was a goal kick, on another day the first 2 goals in the game against Huddersfield might not have even happened had the referee not allowed play to carry on after fouls in the build up, luck does even itself out over a season.

All of the misfiring players that you mention are all of his signings but can even you offer any explanation for his absolutely mind boggling nonsense post match quote about Magnusson (another one of his signings)? and then expect players and fans to back him?, he is a coward all of his post match interviews lately are in the mould of "not my fault gouv" and blaming the fans is yet another bullshit excuse, the fans have been brilliant and have nothing to do with the current BCFC circus, this is of his making aided and abetted by SL.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As I said we have done all of that and exactly what difference has it made and then you trot out the bullshit excuses, just a couple of facts for balance, the corner for the winning goal at Wigan was a goal kick, on another day the first 2 goals in the game against Huddersfield might not have even happened had the referee not allowed play to carry on after fouls in the build up, luck does even itself out over a season.

All of the misfiring players that you mention are all of his signings but can even you offer any explanation for his absolutely mind boggling nonsense post match quote about Magnusson (another one of his signings)? and then expect players and fans to back him?, he is a coward all of his post match interviews lately are in the mould of "not my fault gouv" and blaming the fans is yet another bullshit excuse, the fans have been brilliant and have nothing to do with the current BCFC circus, this is of his making aided and abetted by SL.

We obviously do not agree - if you and the mob had your way and SL and LJ were lynched and the stadium torn down brick by brick - I cannot see how this would benefit the club we love.  I suggest that we show our support in our own ways - you in exile and me in the Dolman!

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We obviously do not agree - if you and the mob had your way and SL and LJ were lynched and the stadium torn down brick by brick - I cannot see how this would benefit the club we love.  I suggest that we show our support in our own ways - you in exile and me in the Dolman!

And if you and the few had your way, we would all be wearing uniforms and giving standing ovations on demand every time we are spoon fed bullshit from BS, for somebody who claims to be a democrat you are very compliant as far as BCFC is concerned.

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And if you and the few had your way, we would all be wearing uniforms and giving standing ovations on demand every time we are spoon fed bullshit from BS, for somebody who claims to be a democrat you are very compliant as far as BCFC is concerned.

He is Gary Johnson. I'm convinced of it.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Another question , why does anybody bother listening to his interviews ? 

It's the same bull droppings each time .

Does he really believe what he says ? 

'We were constipated on Tuesday night, but we go again on Saturday.'

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Bat, we're all accompanying the players aboard the City bus and loudly cheering them on. Unfortunately, LJ is driving us all over a cliff, whilst Lansdown the conductor is shouting, "I've had to suffer for my art, now it's your turn!"

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Sorry fat boy but you do come across as a receptacle for the clubs pr shite

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

In my experience the mob are seldom right and their vitriol is intensified by each person who comes up with the next best insult to the victim of their attention.  I can see mistakes and problems - but I can also see that the club and BS are making gargantuan efforts to build something that we can all be proud to support.  Everyone in every walk of life makes errors and that does not mean that they are hopeless and without chance of redemption.  I have learned to be patient because things take time to grow and develop - and I can see the plan growing and developing.  Of course there are problems - but I have heard nothing from all these negative threads that has offered a truly viable solution.  I appreciate the time, effort and money that SL has lavished on this club - for the benefit of us supporters.  You can question his motives, but I think he is well motivated.  You can question his choice of staff, but I think that he has always tried to do his best for the club.  A cursory glance around the whole football league shows that most managers only last for a short time - and I feel that many good babies have been chucked out with the bathwater only to be replaced by some right horrors.  SL likes to give youth a chance - and I applaud him for that, because old codgers are not the future. I will continue to support on Saturday against a Wolves team that have won 5 on the trot and will pose a massive challenge to our team, who are probably lacking in confidence right now.  I feel that positive support right now is better than bitterness and vitriol aimed at the manager or any other member of staff.

3 hours ago, AlrightMeBabber said:

Sick and tired of reading/ listening to the same old drivel that comes out of his mouth week after week. I can't wait for this season to be over either way.

All of the hard work and everything Cotts built has been completely undone. 18 months ago we were "a sleeping giant on the move" according to various pundits, now we're going backwards. 

Well take my advice and stop listening and reading the thoughts of Johnson Jr. It does help the blood pressure! :thumbsup:

PS: I don't want to dis your post, because I understand the sentiment, but when Cotts was sacked we were 22nd and now we're all of 21st. Progress! :laughcont:

My problem has always been that if I agree with one comment on any subject, I'll then agree with the counter argument! Maybe it's not the points of the discussion but the way they are put across by person concerned that swings my point of view.

If that is the case, then whichever side you are on re SL and LJ, please show at least some manners and respect to any poster. Stop hiding under the 'Free Speech' and 'If you can't stand the heat' banners as reasons to use body parts etc as to why your post is 'acceptable.' 

I am now of a certain age that has to 'fight' for everything so that my disabled wife and son can survive. It was my decision to leave employment and England so that I could look after them. I say this because the only way I can turn around my wife's injustice is to stand up against it and demonstrate with the use of words that she is being discriminated. If I too started to use this name calling directed at certain posters and officials, we wouldn't be on the brink of achieving a benefits overhaul that will help around 25,000 people in a similar position to my wife.

I come on otib as an escape from my current predicament. To read some of the comments suggests that many Bristol City supporters really are in the lowest segment of morality either by doing or accepting. I can only counter that by thinking that if otib had been around the past 200 years then we'd be seeing these types of expressions from day one! Doesn't mean it's right and proper though. 

So here's my point.... if you talk the way you print on here to your loved one or your boss then at least your consistent. If doesn't mean it is right and proper, however.

If you wouldn't mind someone making awful comments about you and subsequently your wife reads them and she thinks they're ok then at least you're both consistent! Doesn't mean it's right and proper though.

If you can't make a decent point of view without the use of gutter type expressions/phrases directed at the poster concerned then please don't post. I'm fed up of reading the lowest of the low type statements. Yes, I could leave otib but the above post could also come under the 'Free speech' banner!

Archived