IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

51 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I work, as well as try and offer a balanced view on here.

1. He is young and will learn and get better.

2. He actually loves Bristol City.

3. He has been voted in the top 10 of young and promising coaches.

4. Who on Earth do we replace him with?

You can add to the list if you want...

1. So am I, but that doesn't make me a good manager

2. So do I, but that doesn't make me a good manager

3. That list quite frankly had no authority or basis, you're grasping at straws.

4. Based of your criteria for points 1 & 2 being good qualities for a manager/head coach of this club, I'll start the ball rolling with me!

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

Totally Clueless

Try Tennis or hockey

'voted in top 10 young coaches''

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

Just to clarify - you want Lansdown out but back Johnson

Interestin g

:whistle:

School broken up for Easter eh :thumbsup:

School, I am left school 53 years ago (Hartcliffe) Forgotten more about the club than you will ever know, But don't worry you can  always offer to fight someone when he get's the better of you. And let's face it not hard is it?

Just now, RobArnold10 said:

1. So am I, but that doesn't make me a good manager

2. So do I, but that doesn't make me a good manager

3. That list quite frankly had no authority or basis, you're grasping at straws.

4. Based of your criteria for points 1 & 2 being good qualities for a manager/head coach of this club, I'll start the ball rolling with me!

Well add you to the list, I did say anyone could contribute, but as yet you have made some some weak points centered just around you, you can do better, surely? 

49 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I saw it differently, we all knew JK was leaving so Tammy was brought in before he left.

"We all knew Kodjia was leaving". No we didn't.

Everyone was worried he might. Anyone with half a brain could work out that a player who scored 20 Championship goals last season was likely to attract a bid or two.

But no-one knew he was leaving.

It's clear to me the club's planning at the start of this season was based on having both Kodjia and Abraham as options up front.

If this wasn't the case, if your interpretation is correct, it would mean the club planned all along to start the season with just 3 strikers on the books - Abraham, Engvall and Wilbraham, ie. a teenage novice, a kid from Scandinavia, and a pensioner (God bless him, btw). Highly unlikely in my view.

It would also mean the club planned all along to use a teenage novice who'd played about 5 minutes Men's football to lead the line for 46 games, in the Championship (don't resort to hindsight here - no-one can possibly have known how good Abraham has turned out to be). Again, highly unlikely in my view.

I think all this is so unlikely, to the point of being nonsensical, it and you are incorrect.

I think it's far more believable to say that 4 strikers was the plan at the start of the season - Abraham, Kodjia, Engvall, Wilbraham, ie. Abraham and Kodjia to play upfront together or rotate when we play one up front, with the other 2 in reserve.

And if that isn't enough logic to convince you, we then go and buy 2 strikers in January. Why? Because we've been desperately short of options up front since losing Kodjia at the last minute.

To repeat myself, I cannot believe anyone seriously thinks the plan all along was a strike force of just Abraham, Engvall and Wilbraham

PS. And don't say "Tomlin". I think you'll find a coach who has played him wide left, wide right, in the hole and who has berated the player for not working hard enough defensively in some games, doesn't view Tomlin as a striker.  

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

School, I am left school 53 years ago (Hartcliffe) 

Forgotten more about the club than you will ever know,

:laughcont:  As I said clueless - as this alone shows

But don't worry you can  always offer to fight someone when he get's the better of you.

You couldn't  'get the better of' a dumb blind sheep as your posts demonstrate

'Voted in 10 top young managers'  :laughcont:

And let's face it not hard is it?

Keep going - great entertainment 

While you are, try and decide if you STILL want Lansdown OUT but want Johnson IN - Your big views are very confusing (Surprise)

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As I said a (clueless) wet lettuce :thumbsup:

Lost 

and you referring to people as idiots - oh the irony :clapping:

Keep making yourself a laughing stock - having a good chuckle here

You do like the sexual innuendo's though, wet lettuce indeed,Is you own self esteem that poor to keep that line going. 

You are what you are though, I should accept it, and not respond. What is it they say about arguing with an idiot?

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

Well add you to the list, I did say anyone could contribute, but as yet you have made some some weak points centered just around you, you can do better, surely? 

Well I am an only child and egotist, so naturally yes it is all about me. 

Theyre not weak at all, a good manager or head coach isn't defined by their age or their love for a club, that's completely irrelevance to be honest and that's why I was making light of your points. A good head coach or manager are usually defined by their results (no better than before), their direction to the players to create a standard of football (gone backwards massively) and their dependant on the club, their ability to bring the youth through (one of the magical pillars here, and frankly Reid, Bryan have stalled or gone backwards this year). So that, coupled with the rumours about his man management and lack of leadership (granted rumours but no smoke etc and let's be honest so many of them now from different sources it's becoming very believable), what else could you possibly defend or say to justify his staying here? 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

You do like the sexual innuendo's though, wet lettuce indeed,Is you own self esteem that poor to keep that line going. 

You are what you are though, I should accept it, and not respond. What is it they say about arguing with an idiot?

'Sexual innuendos' ?

You think 'wet lettuce' is a 'sexual innuendo' ?

:rofl2br:

Priceless

doh

doh

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

'Sexual innuendos' ?

You think 'wet lettuce' is a 'sexual innuendo' ?

:rofl2br:

Priceless

doh

doh

Well you seem to have all the nasty little references you to some on here regarding there sanity, manhood, and general disposition you tell me. All you need to know is you are a bad loser that resorts to name calling when you can't make an eloquent point, and I think it's time I put you on the naughty step with an ignore until you learn how to behave with reasonable folk.

On 07/03/2017 at 15:46, 1bristolcity said:

Well never have I felt so detached from my football Club, that's MY Football Club MY Football Club Mr ******* Lansdown...I go way back, watched Big John, home and away spent every waking hour thinking of this club, no matter where I was, even in Bahrain in the RAF, still would 'worry' about match days....now still the passion, but feel let down, you have sold our club out, you have managed in a few short years to unpick the proud traditions that is Bristol City, we are Bristol Sport, whatever that might me c/w with a soulless stadium that has tried to be all things to everyone and turns out to be nothing to everyone, what a cock up? 

And now despite all the bad feelings and concerns you still treat us with contempt, in not sharing the truth, you have surrounded yourself with grovelling yes men , to-day that was only too apparent. To be honest I would rather you Go...take your millions and **** off...I  want my City back, even if we have to rebuild again, like we did from the bottom up, no passion, no fight no identity, good Lord man get someone in who understands the game, not your Boy, not Lee, and not Ashton, Enough is Enough!!

From the 'critic of the critics' - plenty more where that came from :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Only the last two games has it appeared that the players have stopped playing for him. 

That's a statement you're happy with is it?

Huddersfield (a)

Ipswich (a)

Nottingham Forest (a)

Fulham (h)

Aston Villa (a)

I could even throw in home games against Rotherham and Norwich until he brought Taylor and Djuric on (which he deserves credit for) in games where I would like to know what you're basing the fact the players were playing for him.

I've been conservative with those as well. There are plenty of other games in which if the players were playing for him we are even worse than I thought we were.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

From the critic of the critics - plenty more where hat came from

That was a month ago... he is not going to go, that is apparent, so support the club, I will because that's all i can do,you seem to revel in all this mess, wanting to fight folk and generally being a twot. My feelings are just the same about SL and the way he has sold out this club,he had a vision, but the football club was only a part of it,

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

That was a month ago... he is not going to go, that is apparent, so support the club, I will because that's all i can do,you seem to revel in all this mess, wanting to fight folk and generally being a twot. My feelings are just the same about SL and the way he has sold out this club,he had a vision, but the football club was only a part of it,

:laughcont:

outed as a complete two faced hypocrite -

want a few more posts of yours ?

Twot ???? 

Telling Lansdown to ***** off.......

You like a bit of name calling yourself don't you hypocrite ;)

Surprised you saw the post as you threw teddy down and were going to ignore me 

doh doh doh

4 hours ago, brad blit said:

Perhaps looking too much into it but perhaps this really is a make or break game for LJ and SL has come over to talk after game. A loss could possibly take us into relegation and that might be final straw..... talking of which I may be clutching some! 

Not the first time Bradders!!

This looks like fun, I'll have a go.....

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

1) All he seems to have learnt from Barnsley's all time loosing run is how to have an all time loosing run !

2) If he did he would have had the bollox to walk away 

3) Are there really only 9 other young managers ?

4) Anyone , literally anyone . At least in the short term , I'd rather have the Cowley brothers . Come to that I'd rather have Ringling brothers !

59 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

1)He showed his qualities from February to October as much as he's shown his weaknesses from October to April. I expect a more balanced assessment of his ability is in the middle between those two points. I don't think LJ is the best manager in the world but nor do I think he is the most horrendous manager football has ever known like many on here claim him to be. He did a good job at Oldham on a limited budget, 2)built a promotion winning squad at Barnsley when like us, when SC took over, they had been a club on a downward spiral for years. 3)I think early on in his reign he showed real tactical astuteness, often changing the tide of a game with his substitutions. People lambast him for tinkering with the team when things are bad but when it was going well, he was praised for the exact same thing.

I feel his inexperience has shown and the pressure has got to him, like many more experienced managers have even suffered from, when the going has got tough here. He was dealt a real blow by losing his best player back in August and thus limiting the attacking side of our team to relying on a 19 year old, with Tomlin's no show this season. I feel we've lost so many games by individual mistakes and poor refereeing decisions. Only the last two games has it appeared that the players have stopped playing for him. Is LJ a great manager? Not at all. Could he be one day? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't think he's fully responsible and some evil man spiting the club on purpose like some people seem to think on this forum. He's always tried his best and doesn't warrant the abuse. The criticism, sure. Not the abuse though.

I also have no faith in us bringing in a replacement going by our track record. We will bring in someone else and the exact same cycle will repeat. I critcise the board at times but I do admire SL's willingness to remain loyal, it's a refreshing change. I just think he would have been better suited doing it with Cotterill but LJ is very much SL's man.

I still haven't given up hope a miracle can happen and we can turn this around under LJ and he can lead us to a brighter season next year. But it is looking increasingly unlikely.

1) Feb-Oct , took over a team that had already started to look like turning it around. He continued with pretty much the same tactics and system that Pembo and WE had used. New season starts, outplayed by Wigan until they sat back, Stuggled against Burton, sneaked a draw against Rotherham. We did beat Fulham and win tight games against Leeds and Forest, but the writing was on the wall giving up a 2-0 lead Vs Seff W. Our position in the Playoff places was false  Our position now should be, but due to poor leadership it isn't.

2) Not if you read what they think of him as @Fiale has already alluded to.

3) I thought that, one game when we were bing pushed back he brought on forwards and it pushed them back to finish off the game. But you weigh up the substitutions that have influenced the game in our favour against the ones that have made no impact , or worse have cost us the game. Then things don't look good.

Quite cathartic ain't it ;)

Please explain how he demonstrates/demonstrated his love for Bristol City, whenever not employed for the FC.

Serious question.

Says who?

On 07/03/2017 at 21:51, 1bristolcity said:

Terrible selection cost us two points, why play Wilbs one up, in a game we had to win. Has Lee actually actually got a coaching badge?

As I said ...... complete hypocrite 

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

it's a smokescreen to suggest that the fans have not supported the team, the support home and away has been quite brilliant, the truth is the club has not supported the fans.

My support of this club goes back to 1958 and I never felt so let down, I really believe relegation this season might just about finish me and the thought that Johnson will still be in charge next season fills me with dread.

I said on another thread that he seems as though he has totally alienated most of the 19 players that he has signed and his comments about Magnusson post match at Preston are simply unforgivable.

Can you honestly blame fans who feel so desperate?.

19 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Huddersfield (a)

Ipswich (a)

Nottingham Forest (a)

Fulham (h)

Aston Villa (a)

I could even throw in home games against Rotherham and Norwich until he brought Taylor and Djuric on (which he deserves credit for) in games where I would like to know what you're basing the fact the players were playing for him.

I've been conservative with those as well. There are plenty of other games in which if the players were playing for him we are even worse than I thought we were.

If you are going to say that Lee Johnson is to blame for those, you also have to accept that he is responsible for going 2-0 up against Newcastle, 3-0 up against Derby, 2-0 up against sheff Weds, 2-0 up against Reading etc. (And no, I don't need anyone to remind me of the final results of those games!) You can also look at the game changing substitutions earlier in the season.

To me, it's clear that Lee can and does get tactics right.

4 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

I have every confidence that GT won't be shackled or duck the big issues. I know there's plenty who despise him but he's made Bristol his home & is passionate about ALL local football and fans. A credit to his profession IMO

Agree with that. Seems like a top bloke does our Geoff. 

Probably my favourite gashead, with the ex-wife runner up. 

Can't ever remember him disrespecting City either, must drive the Blue Few nuts :clapping:

PS Sorry @Robbored. you only made third place! 

3 minutes ago, ooRya said:

If you are going to say that Lee Johnson is to blame for those, you also have to accept that he is responsible for going 2-0 up against Newcastle, 3-0 up against Derby, 2-0 up against sheff Weds, 2-0 up against Reading etc. (And no, I don't need anyone to remind me of the final results of those games!) You can also look at the game changing substitutions earlier in the season.

I didn't actually say he was to 'blame' did I? I want to know what it is about those games which show that apparently it is only our last two in which the players haven't been playing for him.

It shows how poor we've been that the case for the LLLLLLLLee Johnson defence apparently includes 4 games, that however well we played for periods, we took the gigantic sum of 2 points from.

Just now, ooRya said:

I'm sorry but the results since October say otherwise and in a club record breaking way.

If you are happy with a return of 4 x 45 minutes + 2 or 3 good substitutions + 2 complete performances in 40 games, god help us.

14 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Your aware that the game last 90 minutes plus injury time right ?

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm sorry but the results since October say otherwise and in a club record breaking way.

If you are happy with a return of 4 x 45 minutes + 2 or 3 good substitutions + 2 complete performances in 40 games, god help us.

Happy? How can any City supporter be happy with where we are right now?

I was just responding to previous posts that LJ has no tactical or coaching ability, when in my opinion he clearly does.

As I've said before in a previous post/thread, Scott Golbourne came out to say something like "we play well when we do the things we're asked to do, it's when we stop doing those things that it all goes wrong".

Now, why they stop doing those things is a question in itself.................

3 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

I see all that you see - the difference is that although concerned, I believe that there must be more to this than meets the eye.  Maybe you are right, but the mob never have positive suggestions and only concentrate on destruction.  They would not agree on a new candidate and would, in all likelihood, soon be on the back of a new head coach if he suffered a run of injuries or other issues that led to a bad run.  From time to time we have played quite well and games have been very tight - we are not that far off being a reasonable mid-table team on some of our performances although redults have been disappointing. I am not a happy clapper - but I am a clapper when the team needs support. I hope we stay up - but I have renewed my season cards and I will be there come what may!

I give up!

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Huddersfield (a)

Ipswich (a)

Nottingham Forest (a)

Fulham (h)

Aston Villa (a)

Huddersfield and Fulham are just very good teams and they outplayed us, although still our worst defeat of the two was 2-0. Forest we lost to an incredible free-kick. Villa we had Wilbraham up front on his own as Abraham was out injured, also their form since that game shows what a good side they are. Ipswich we lost by one goal also?

Clearly you and I have very different definitions of a team not playing for a manager.

Archived