IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

Message for Geoff.

Could you please put the following to SL.

QUESTION 1

Does Steve not think that the interests of Bristol City and its supporters would have been served by supporting rather than sacking a proven success, who had saved the club that was headed for the 4th division and turned it completely around with our first championship, by a mile, for 60 years?

QUESTION 2

What was the thought process behind replacing a proven success, who had won us League One title, with a manager who had a 35% win rate at the same level?

QUESTION 3

Steve, in a previous interview, when asked about Johnson's qualities, you said he was "young and asks a lot of questions". Is that the best you can come up with?

QUESTION 4

What evidence is there (examples please) of Johnson's leadership qualities and man management skills?

QUESTION 5

Is it true that each week a senior "suit" meets with Johnson to discuss the team for the next game?

QUESTION 6

When Johnson was appointed, it was said (by Mark Ashton I believe) that he was very well thought of in the game. What evidence is there of this?

QUESTION 7

Is it true that you and/or other senior individuals tried to renegotiate deals which Cotterill had agreed for Gray and Maguire after the 2015 season ended, and this led to those players not coming to Bristol City?

QUESTION 8

Steve, since becoming Chairman, you have sacked many managers, and always when they have entered relegation zones. Why not Johnson?

QUESTION 9 (following the inevitable reply)

You say you believe in Lee Johnson and think he will lead Bristol City to success. What is it about Lee Johnson, other than being young and asking a lot of questions, that makes him better than All of your previous managers? 

QUESTION 10

Steve, with the 19 signings so far, has Johnson done enough to warrant a third window?

QUESTION 11

Do you think the 19 signings have improved the starting 11? No, not the squad Steve, not the "ones for the future" out on loan, I mean the players actually out on the pitch?

QUESTION 12

Really? Steve, can you give me examples of signings who have improved that position, and name which player they have replaced.

QUESTION 13

Steve, if Cotterill had been given £15m to spend, what position do you think we would be in the league right now?

QUESTION 14

Steve, what do you say to those supporters on social media who say they have not renewed their season tickets and will not until Johnson is gone?

QUESTION 15

Irrespective of whether Bristol City stay up, do you think this has been a successful season, and will Johnson still be manager at the start of next? 

Cheers

This

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:laughcont:

outed as a complete two faced hypocrite -

want a few more posts of yours ?

Twot ???? 

Telling Lansdown to ***** off.......

You like a bit of name calling yourself don't you hypocrite ;)

Surprised you saw the post as you threw teddy down and were going to ignore me 

doh doh doh

What got me into this thread was the obvious bullying name calling, wanting to fight me and utter moronic behaviour of some, namely you, of other City fan's, not content with debating but to impose will on anyone that doesn't agree with you. It is rounding on an individual I detest, managers and even owners are there to receive either the plaudits or brick bats, That goes with the territory, you however I will single out as a particulary nasty bit of work that goes further than what is acceptable, even offering to fight me, not only are you grumpy, as you admit, but I fear you just have something more worry about than being grumpy.

Now I know on a forum especially a football forum we can't all agree, and that's a given, but you have demonstrated a trait that is not required on any forum, but I won't expect you to get modded any time soon.

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

What got me into this thread was the obvious bullying name calling, wanting to fight me and utter moronic behaviour of some, namely you, of other City fan's, not content with debating but to impose will on anyone that doesn't agree with you. It is rounding on an individual I detest, managers and even owners are there to receive either the plaudits or brick bats, That goes with the territory, you however I will single out as a particulary nasty bit of work that goes further than what is acceptable, even offering to fight me, not only are you grumpy, as you admit, but I fear you just have something more worry about than being grumpy.

Now I know on a forum especially a football forum we can't all agree, and that's a given, but you have demonstrated a trait that is not required on any forum, but I won't expect you to get modded any time soon.

Bless

Hypocrite :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

I think an experienced manager like SC or Warnock would have us in a better position and LJ's inexperience has showed throughout the last few months as the pressure has escalated. As said before though, I have no faith in us appointing an adequate replacement either. Probably end up with Michael Appleton.

Poses the question, who else will step in?

Exactly

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"We all knew Kodjia was leaving". No we didn't.

Everyone was worried he might. Anyone with half a brain could work out that a player who scored 20 Championship goals last season was likely to attract a bid or two.

But no-one knew he was leaving.

It's clear to me the club's planning at the start of this season was based on having both Kodjia and Abraham as options up front.

If this wasn't the case, if your interpretation is correct, it would mean the club planned all along to start the season with just 3 strikers on the books - Abraham, Engvall and Wilbraham, ie. a teenage novice, a kid from Scandinavia, and a pensioner (God bless him, btw). Highly unlikely in my view.

It would also mean the club planned all along to use a teenage novice who'd played about 5 minutes Men's football to lead the line for 46 games, in the Championship (don't resort to hindsight here - no-one can possibly have known how good Abraham has turned out to be). Again, highly unlikely in my view.

I think all this is so unlikely, to the point of being nonsensical, it and you are incorrect.

I think it's far more believable to say that 4 strikers was the plan at the start of the season - Abraham, Kodjia, Engvall, Wilbraham, ie. Abraham and Kodjia to play upfront together or rotate when we play one up front, with the other 2 in reserve.

And if that isn't enough logic to convince you, we then go and buy 2 strikers in January. Why? Because we've been desperately short of options up front since losing Kodjia at the last minute.

To repeat myself, I cannot believe anyone seriously thinks the plan all along was a strike force of just Abraham, Engvall and Wilbraham

PS. And don't say "Tomlin". I think you'll find a coach who has played him wide left, wide right, in the hole and who has berated the player for not working hard enough defensively in some games, doesn't view Tomlin as a striker.  

The plan was always to get another striker or two, unfortunately we couldn't get any deals across the line.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's a smokescreen to suggest that the fans have not supported the team, the support home and away has been quite brilliant, the truth is the club has not supported the fans.

My support of this club goes back to 1958 and I never felt so let down, I really believe relegation this season might just about finish me and the thought that Johnson will still be in charge next season fills me with dread.

I said on another thread that he seems as though he has totally alienated most of the 19 players that he has signed and his comments about Magnusson post match at Preston are simply unforgivable.

Can you honestly blame fans who feel so desperate?.

No I can't blame the fans, and believe me this whole cock up is making feel ill, but you go back a bit as I do and we have been in worst scrapes, although even when we were bottom of the old first a young team was being assembled. But just who can we get in now? Or even next season, do we stick or twist, I can understands the dilemma SL is in (despite my rants too!) Lee obviously does have a future in the game, however we focus on all the comments, shoe colour, size of tie knots and throw in a few that hate him and it's mayhem.

Of course most of the comments about the club, dressing room, is conjecture, if he had lost the players , he would have gone by now. 

Tomorrow at 1700 hours this place might be a whole lot happier, or ?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Wow. Just wow. Are we really reduced to singling out things like that as some kind of defence? The level of acceptance and tolerance for the standard of football is truly sad, it's like people have been so ground down they will accept anything. 

I have never seen a team offer so little in a football match let alone a six pointer as in that Forest game. We offered far far less in that game than in the last 2 games and that's saying something. It was truly the bottom of the barrel... and yet "we lost to an incredible free kick"!!?

It's tragic, statements like that show how passive and weak a team we've become, that we (and not just you, it's the manager in particular) cling onto this notion of fine margins. What does it matter if Forest had even scored from the half way line, they were an awful team on an awful run with no manager and their fans against them, and we did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Didn't affect the game didn't get a shot on goal. Abject.

Stop pointing out how close things were for an opposition to win and reflect more on the total lack of strategy, tactics, even anything resembling competitive football that we display routinely in a majority of our matches - it has been the same since the start of the season. That is and always has been the problem and one that falls at Lee Johnson's door and no amount of dressing up Forests winner in the worst game of the season, will change that.

You think our squad is drastically better than Forest's? Really? Where did I say I 'accepted' the result? I singled out the free kick because we lost a game from a wonder goal and I was replying to someone who claimed that the players weren't playing for the manager. If that was the case we would have lost 5-0.

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The plan was always to get another striker or two, unfortunately we couldn't get any deals across the line.

More amazing clairvoyancy.

You actually know this, do you? Like you knew all along that we would sell Kodjia before the window closed?

Assuming you're not Mystic Meg, I'd be interested to learn what available facts you've used to come to that conclusion - what evidence is your opinion it was "always the plan to get another striker or two" based on? Please, point it out to me.

Or are your opinions baseless? Merely "base". 

PS. Just in case you are Mystic Meg, who's going to win the National tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry but I think you are seriously clutching at straws, as people keep saying a ****** watch is correct twice a day.

Your swear filter is turned up too high if your not allowed to type broken.

20 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No I can't blame the fans, and believe me this whole cock up is making feel ill, but you go back a bit as I do and we have been in worst scrapes, although even when we were bottom of the old first a young team was being assembled. But just who can we get in now? Or even next season, do we stick or twist, I can understands the dilemma SL is in (despite my rants too!) Lee obviously does have a future in the game, however we focus on all the comments, shoe colour, size of tie knots and throw in a few that hate him and it's mayhem.

Of course most of the comments about the club, dressing room, is conjecture, if he had lost the players , he would have gone by now

I don't think it's a case of loosing the players, it's more to do with being unable to organise and motivate the players. 

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

If that was the case we would have lost 5-0.

What an utterly simplistic way of looking at it. I mean I'll repeat again, and everybody who was at the game seems to agree with me, Forest were appalling. The other team does need to be involved in the scoring of 5 goals. What would the score be if a team 'not playing for the manager' played Rotherham? Simply judging by the score is a nonsense. Gary Johnson's team lost 6-0 to Ipswich, yet that was the most committed, motivated and tough City team I've seen. They were absolutely playing for their manager.

Leicester's last 3 results before Ranieri got sacked- 

2-1 defeat to Sevilla

1-0 defeat to Millwall

2-0 defeat to Swansea

Apart from when their reserves played away at Porto after they'd already qualified for the knock-out stages they hadn't lost by more than 3 goals all season.

Ignore the miraculous upturn in results, they must have been playing for their manager all along.

There is a difference between suggesting the players are losing on purpose to get him sacked, which I probably wouldn't accuse them of, and simply not playing for him. Not being motivated by him, not understanding his tactics, not enjoying his coaching, not respecting him as a man manager. I absolutely believe this to be the case and I would argue 21 points from 29 games is slightly better evidence than mythical scorelines that apparently need to happen before we can come to this conclusion.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm sorry but the results since October say otherwise and in a club record breaking way.

If you are happy with a return of 4 x 45 minutes + 2 or 3 good substitutions + 2 complete performances in 40 games, god help us.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just that some opinions are piles of shite with nothing to back them up and not worth the time of day.

Those of us who have decided enough is enough, on the other hand, have rather a lot of evidence that we can point to and use as a cogent, logical argument on which to base our opinion that Lee Johnson is not up to the job.

The highlighted bit above is but one piece of said evidence, m'lud.

Good darts, EMB, you've hit a bullseye there!   

3 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Like I said, I don't think he's perfect by any means, I just don't like the abuse (not critcism) aimed at him. I guess you could say he's had significant financial backing but that's balanced by an even net spend and the loss of a key player.

Board are responsible moreso than LJ for me.

I'm not agreeing with many of your posts at the minute, but agree wholeheartedly with this (highlighted) - something that's significant but barely been touched upon, imho.

8 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

What an utterly simplistic way of looking at it. I mean I'll repeat again, and everybody who was at the game seems to agree with me, Forest were appalling. The other team does need to be involved in the scoring of 5 goals. What would the score be if a team 'not playing for the manager' played Rotherham? Simply judging by the score is a nonsense. Gary Johnson's team lost 6-0 to Ipswich, yet that was the most committed, motivated and tough City team I've seen. They were absolutely playing for their manager.

Leicester's last 3 results before Ranieri got sacked- 

2-1 defeat to Sevilla

1-0 defeat to Millwall

2-0 defeat to Swansea

Apart from when their reserves played away at Porto after they'd already qualified for the knock-out stages they hadn't lost by more than 3 goals all season.

Ignore the miraculous upturn in results, they must have been playing for their manager all along.

There is a difference between suggesting the players are losing on purpose to get him sacked, which I probably wouldn't accuse them of, and simply not playing for him. Not being motivated by him, not understanding his tactics, not enjoying his coaching, not respecting him as a man manager. I absolutely believe this to be the case and I would argue 21 points from 29 games is slightly better evidence than mythical scorelines that apparently need to happen before we can come to this conclusion.

Leicester went back to the basics what they were doing well last season and no suprise they have won a fair few on the bounce,the players obviously were not good enough to play another way like ranieri wanted. As for our genius of a manager who would want to play for him when he continuously spouts such crap on radio and tv 

10 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

No - factual!

Not factual one  it sorry . Yes he has invested his money and yes we have a quality stadium . However , it hardly needs repeating that he has judged very badly the appointment of the manager . So the assets may be impressive but the engine room stopped in December so " No " I don't get the vision  nor the stupefyingly patronising press conferences from LJ . 20man has a job to do tomorrow . I hope he does not duck the issue . 

13 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

What do the board see in LJ that the fans and results can't?

If we had a sensible and open dialogue they might be inclined to tell us and we could listen.

Unfortunately the decision to keep him has very little to do with football imo, hence the absence of anything like a grown up explanation. 

It's really poor and makes a mockery of the word "club". 

8 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Peg - I know that my views are not quite "flavour of the month" - but i genuinely get concerned when people wish to undermine the club at a difficult time. Whatever the rights or wrongs of LJ as head coach, I feel that now is not the time to attack him, the club or SL because we should be concentrating on trying to avoid relegation. Having discussed this with the people around me in the Dolman, they seem to agree - although some have reservations about LJ. It is a worrying time and I hope that the club soon enters a more harmonious phase. Like a Viking ship - it will go faster with wind in the sails and all the rowers acting in concert. 

I like your name and avatar!

Let's just soldier on to league 1 then. 

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Of course most of the comments about the club, dressing room, is conjecture, if he had lost the players , he would have gone by now. 

Sorry can't agree, what makes this BCFC disaster the worst for me is there is no good reason for it.

And if he hasn't lost the dressing room then he deserves to have lost it, his nonsensical and cowardly remarks about Magnusson should have been the final straw.

My questions would be.

Whilst searching for a new head coach after Steve Cotterills departure, Mark Ashton said in the press, that City fans would be amazed at the high calibre of applicants.

1. Why weren't any of these appointed?

2. Knowing good managers insist on sole control of team affairs, was Lee Johnsons appointment done to allow you, or your spokesmen, an easier ride in trying to have an input into team affairs? 

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry can't agree, what makes this BCFC disaster the worst for me is there is no good reason for it.

And if he hasn't lost the dressing room then he deserves to have lost it, his nonsensical and cowardly remarks about Magnusson should have been the final straw.

In his televised interview he says of that incident and I quote: "singling out players is not ideal" . So my question to Lee Johnson then is this:-

"Why do you do it week in and week out Mr. Johnson?" And, "Do you not think that it demotivates a player when you wash the dirty linen in public in such a demeaning and crass manner?" The man has no clue of man management, that much we all know, or he would not keep doing it and either he has no memory of continuing to do it or he is so blasé about his failed methods.  

When asked whether he could look all his players in the eye he immediately looking away from the questioner, and said yes he could followed by that horribly condescending word 'listen'..... The guy has no back bone, he has no business managing this great club. I have never felt so detached from any man trying to run a football team. That it happens to be the one I support just adds significant sea salt to the wound.

It is incredibly sad that we see more and more posters come on to OTIB and actually say they hope we lose; it has got that bad. And no doubt in my mind that from those murmurings there may well come a day when it turns into a torrent and then Steve Lansdown may lose the plot completely and utterly and really blame the fans for the fine mess he, and he alone, has created here. A very hard truth is unravelling. Win or lose today makes not a jot of difference. Stay up or be relegated, makes not a jot of difference either. It has gone way beyond that now for the majority.

I know the answers......I think;

1. Look LJ is the manager? of this football club he is a good young manager and we should all get behind him in these last few games; together we can get us over the line and keep us where we belong in this division.
  2. Fans are entitled to their opinion but now is the time to get behind blah blah,blah
  3. I have invested heavily in this football club and I am fully committed to it
  4. We have the infrastructure for fans to get in touch and air their differences/complaints
  5. Our ground is prem quality and we should feel lucky to have it
  6. We have brought in some quality players, some full internationals and I and my slaves  team will continue to do so (even if my boy don't know what to do with them)
  7. We will fight every step of the way to stay in this div, if that fails we will give everything to return next year with our bright young manager and his squad.
  8. Fans that have are walked away......they will be back when we are top of the 1st div next season
  9. Thanks 20p see you again next year, I have to go now, I have lj waiting in the car we are out for lunch and a bit of team selection/bonding.
  10. How long will LJ be here? look have answered this in your first question

Close?

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He doesn't trust the player, actually I can see his point, he is too lightweight and get's pushed around, to say that should be 'final straw'is crazy with respect, players have to take responsibility too, poor little things, can't hurt their feelings. Luke Shaw got similar treatment this week, good, might make him a better player, and might help 'Maggers' too.

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

He doesn't trust the player, actually I can see his point, he is too lightweight and get's pushed around, to say that should be 'final straw'is crazy with respect, players have to take responsibility too, poor little things, can't hurt their feelings. Luke Shaw got similar treatment this week, good, might make him a better player, and might help 'Maggers' too.

That's fine if there is consistency - from a person able to highlight his own failings.

Without the latter it becomes a very unpleasant looking blame culture. 

Archived