IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

Just now, Northern Red said:

"Preston won't happen again" - What he actually means is that they won't be reimbursing people again....

To be fair, I don't think anyone should be shocked by the revelation that LJ will be here next season if we stay up. That was always on the cards.

I said yesterday that Geoff has been very good when interviewing recently and once again he hasn't let us down. Suspect Steve wasn't expecting that to be as full on as it was, and it might be some time before we hear from him again.

He wants a massive say in football matters, but he know absolutely JACK SHIT does Mr. L. 

Wow I am truly astounded by what he just said pretty much its my club and I don't care what the fans say as they don't matter to me (its my club and I can do what I like).... I used to have upmost respect for Lansdown, but after that interview he really has gone down in my estimation arrogant, and dismissive of anyone else's opinion... what he forgets if it was not for the fans there would not be a club.... Am absolutely fuming at his comments...:grr:

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

He wants a massive say in football matters, but he know absolutely JACK SHIT does Mr. L. 

The most striking bit of the whole thing was the comment about Des Taylor. A highly regarded, experienced scout who's worked at the top level, yet his views didn't fit theirs.

I think that says more about the people running the club than it does about Des Taylor. A lot more.

The most striking bit of the whole thing was the comment about Des Taylor. A highly regarded, experienced scout who's worked at the top level, yet his views didn't fit theirs.

I think that says more about the people running the club than it does about Des Taylor. A lot more.

So why not say what those differences were SL? We really are able to understand. 

Absolutely,ties in neatly with the Angus Scott thread. The Lansdown way or the highway. 

I don't understand the shock at this, I have been caling him out on his bluster bravado bullshit and contradictions for the past 5 years, and have been called clueless for pretty much most of that time when describing what you are all seeing now.

maybe some understand why I have not been to the gate in ages, there is no way I will hand my money over while this man is in charge.

Wonder why the 25% ownership is gone? as I have been saying for years, it is now his club he will do what the **** he likes, and once his ego stops getting rubbed by supporters, maybe he will eventually **** off and I can start going back down to the Gate again.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Is that the same Des Taylor who Liverpool think is ideal for them ?

Listening to that I wish I never renewed. SL came across an arse who has nothing but contempt for fans. A megalomaniac with a bigger ego than LT. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Easily the most depressing thing about the interview is confirmation that LJ will remain if we do so in the Championship. 

If we stay up it will be in spite of him, not because of him. 

We can look forward to a very similar season all over again. 

Not so sure. SL contradicted himself on your first point so perhaps suggests when it is mathematically still possible he stays when it is not he goes.. either way its Russian Roulette.

Correct on your second point.

If he stays I suspect mild improvement after another 15 million is spent.

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

My only crumb of comfort was that "Preston won't be allowed to happen again". If it does, I get the feeling LJ's gone if we get beaten heavily today.

I agree. If any players are watching this, take one for the team. Down tools and get rid of the fool. Otherwise its - Relegation or retard;what a choice. Can't believe it has come to this. I hear you can burn 150 calories an hour by banging your head against a wall.

Geoff did a damn fine job and should be the one to interview the manager after each game. Still can't get over the "I pay more statement". We need a new chant, “We’re just peasant scum! To Landsdown we’re just peasant scum!”

I always thought tfj didnt stand for taxi for johnson, but total fu*king joke.

Just now, Bobfish said:

I agree. If any players are watching this, take one for the team. Down tools and get rid of the fool. Otherwise its - Relegation or retard;what a choice. Can't believe it has come to this. I hear you can burn 150 calories an hour by banging your head against a wall.

Beautifully put.

56 minutes ago, B block said:

But you own the club, quality Geoff 

Massive kudos for the gashead. A proper Journo not scared to ask the awkward stuff. Well done GT. :clap:

56 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

"He will be manager as long as I want him to be" 

Says it all doesn't it. The board doesn't get a look in. I really hope Keith Dawe gets well soon as he's the only one with the balls to stand up and say 'hang on...'

54 minutes ago, petehinton said:

''the reason John stepped down and Jamie stepped up was because Lee already knew him''

....not sure he was supposed to say that!!!

Howler.

One thing I noticed was what happened to "I won't let us get relegated"? All I heard was "If it happens, If worse case scenario happens, it's on my head."

SL you've dropped a clanger or 5 fella.

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Des Taylor thought signing a player from league one who isn't good enough for the championship, just to get one over on your rivals and to make a few adverts was a stupid idea.....

As I've put on here before, disent against LJ or Ashton is treated with zero tolerance 

Sad to say the only smile since September. 

Personally I think he could be a good player in this league. Unfortunately he signed for us!!

Lansdown summed it up with the fact that he pays more money than the supporters do, so what he wants is what will happen. No real genuine concern for the views / opinions of supporters.What an arrogant t wat. Lansdown and the Teflon coated Johnson deserve each other.

So it's official, we have an egomaniac bankrolling the club, a complete and utter arse wipe who has shown his contempt for the fans. I've spent more money than you, people will replace you, you'll still be here in 20 years blah blah blah.

What he'll most be remembered for, his cherished family legacy if you like, is spending over £100 million and achieving sweet **** all. Great legacy Steve!!!

Archived