IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Your posts read as if you're sat in Steve Lansdown's front room tied to a chair with a gun to your head.

No I am not - but I have spent my whole career successfully running businesses and I know what is helpful and what is not.

55 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Shit, shit and more shit, BatFastard is full of shit!

On a serious note, assume GT has to submit questions he wants to ask today, so that SL's senior management can approve of the questions he will answer before the interview? Politicians question time again!

Will listen in though as I can't be bothered to go tomoz after the shit served up at Brentford. Gonna be nasty tomoz if we lose again.

Clearly a towering intellect!

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well how do you judge that?  A mob of vocal posters on a forum try to oust the head coach - and you think they represent the views of all the fans?  We all want to see success - some think you can do it by abuse and some by encouragement.  If you ever get the chance to read "Black Beauty" you will see examples of how this works.  If you can't be cothered to read it, the flogged horse drops dead!

Mob?

I don't believe LJ has any coaching talent whatsoever, other than some occasional good fortune. 

Why flog that horse? Send it out to pasture and replace it. 

I'd liken it more to a broken marriage. Sometimes it just best to move on. It might still be painful but it doesn't mean it isn't for the best long term. 

I've seen nothing in LJs tactics, demeanour, reasoning or interview technique that gives any confidence whatsoever given his resources. I've said it for months and I'm being proven right. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Mob?

I don't believe LJ has any coaching talent whatsoever, other than some occasional good fortune. 

Why flog that horse? Send it out to pasture and replace it. 

I'd liken it more to a broken marriage. Sometimes it just best to move on. It might still be painful but it doesn't mean it isn't for the best long term. 

I've seen nothing in LJs tactics, demeanour, reasoning or interview technique that gives any confidence whatsoever given his resources. I've said it for months and I'm being proven right. 

YOU don't believe that LJ has coaching talent - but have you worked closely with him - or is that just your opinion based upon what you see and surmise?

It may well end up that he is terminated - but hopefully at a time that best suits the interest of the team and not to satisfy a baying mob.

Like a broken marriage, best to delay the breakup until after the kid has taken important exams! And don't fight and bicker whilst he is studying!

Again - you talk about what you have seen.  Maybe there is important stuff that you have not seen?

@Bat Fastard Dude, I hate to point this out to you but you aren't garnering much support here.

Whilst I respect your opinion and am glad you choose to vocalise it, I can also see when to take a step back and walk away.

May I kindly suggest you return to the Politics forum where your more prominent opinions are voiced and debated?

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

YOU don't believe that LJ has coaching talent - but have you worked closely with him - or is that just your opinion based upon what you see and surmise?

It may well end up that he is terminated - but hopefully at a time that best suits the interest of the team and not to satisfy a baying mob.

Like a broken marriage, best to delay the breakup until after the kid has taken important exams! And don't fight and bicker whilst he is studying!

Again - you talk about what you have seen.  Maybe there is important stuff that you have not seen?

It only matters what happens on the pitch over a season. Stories of great coaching sessions or camaraderie count for nothing. 

If there is something we should know about, what can't SL enlighten us? I think we all know why. 

Just now, Septic Peg said:

@Bat Fastard Dude, I hate to point this out to you but you aren't garnering much support here.

Whilst I respect your opinion and am glad you choose to vocalise it, I can also see when to take a step back and walk away.

May I kindly suggest you return to the Politics forum where your more prominent opinions are voiced and debated?

Peg - I know that my views are not quite "flavour of the month" - but i genuinely get concerned when people wish to undermine the club at a difficult time. Whatever the rights or wrongs of LJ as head coach, I feel that now is not the time to attack him, the club or SL because we should be concentrating on trying to avoid relegation. Having discussed this with the people around me in the Dolman, they seem to agree - although some have reservations about LJ. It is a worrying time and I hope that the club soon enters a more harmonious phase. Like a Viking ship - it will go faster with wind in the sails and all the rowers acting in concert. 

I like your name and avatar!

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It only matters what happens on the pitch over a season. Stories of great coaching sessions or camaraderie count for nothing. 

If there is something we should know about, what can't SL enlighten us? I think we all know why. 

You may well be right - and there is nothing wrong with asking SL difficult questions as long as it is done in a calm and respectful manner.  I am sure that he is even keener than most fans to see success for his clubs - things haven't gone to plan and I feel sure that he will have plans....and timings in mind.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

The important stuff that you can not or don't want to see,  is that LJ is inept as a Championship coach, manager, what ever you want to call his position and is taking this club back to League One without even a whimper.  What makes it even worse is that the owner, doesn't want to see or is not interested in seeing what most fans on this forum (except you and a few others) see and know that LJ is not the man to take Bristol City anywhere else, except down.  If you want to keep supporting LJ then that's up to you, but all I can say is that I can see it , even from thousands of miles away and know that most clubs, probably all, would have sacked this incompetent coach months ago, even before they reached the club record straight defeats, as LJ managed (coached) did.  So just carry on happy clapping and perhaps you will finally agree when City are struggling in League One next season, because, mark my words, if he is still in charge, then that will happen. I have no doubt.

14 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sags love the attention though.

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

I hope that everyone shows respect to our benefactor and understands that he is trying to get us all what we want - some may not understand decisions or agree, but they are not putting their £millions on the line. However much he plans and spends, he simply cannot control everything - best just to encourage and support rather than insult the guy - especially as we sit in the wonderful stadium that he has just built for us.

You can challenge and ask uncomfortable questions of people without being nasty or rude. I hope Twentyman does ask uncomfortable questions, SL has done well for the club in the past, that is no reason for the kind of reverence you seem to hold him in - he could, can and should also be held accountable for the daily running of the club and it's position. I would love for all this to be resolved and SL can get on with building his dream, but he should not be given carte blanche if he makes it a nightmare for many others.

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The important stuff that you can not or don't want to see,  is that LJ is inept as a Championship coach, manager, what ever you want to call his position and is taking this club back to League One without even a whimper.  What makes it even worse is that the owner, doesn't want to see or is not interested in seeing what most fans on this forum (except you and a few others) see and know that LJ is not the man to take Bristol City anywhere else, except down.  If you want to keep supporting LJ then that's up to you, but all I can say is that I can see it , even from thousands of miles away and know that most clubs, probably all, would have sacked this incompetent coach months ago, even before they reached the club record straight defeats, as LJ managed (coached) did.  So just carry on happy clapping and perhaps you will finally agree when City are struggling in League One next season, because, mark my words, if he is still in charge, then that will happen. I have no doubt.

I see all that you see - the difference is that although concerned, I believe that there must be more to this than meets the eye.  Maybe you are right, but the mob never have positive suggestions and only concentrate on destruction.  They would not agree on a new candidate and would, in all likelihood, soon be on the back of a new head coach if he suffered a run of injuries or other issues that led to a bad run.  From time to time we have played quite well and games have been very tight - we are not that far off being a reasonable mid-table team on some of our performances although redults have been disappointing. I am not a happy clapper - but I am a clapper when the team needs support. I hope we stay up - but I have renewed my season cards and I will be there come what may!

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

You can challenge and ask uncomfortable questions of people without being nasty or rude. I hope Twentyman does ask uncomfortable questions, SL has done well for the club in the past, that is no reason for the kind of reverence you seem to hold him in - he could, can and should also be held accountable for the daily running of the club and it's position. I would love for all this to be resolved and SL can get on with building his dream, but he should not be given carte blanche if he makes it a nightmare for many others.

I agree with most of that.  I look at what SL has achieved in business, and as a man and owner of our beloved club, every time I walk into Ashton Gate and look at the wonderful new stands and facilities.  Maybe affairs on the pitch have not been quite how he or the fans would have wished - but that is no reason to turn on the man. Questions are fine - abuse is, in my opinion, well out of order!

12 minutes ago, tts_city said:

The first person I have ever added to ignore, well done fat boy, dont bother replying, cant see it.

I don't agree with much that he says but at least he is willing to offer an alternative view and give his reasons for it. I'd much rather than than those who come on here and just fire off a few swear words without adding anything to the debate (not saying that's you to be clear!). Not really ignore-worthy in my view. The forum would be a lot less interesting without the occasional minority view.

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

You obviously know as much about my personal achievements as you know about SL and LJs inner secrets! Zilch!

How did you know I was referring to you you complete buffoon

Attention seeking WUM 

a goat and three chickens is not a business btw

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

How did you know I was referring to you you complete buffoon

Attention seeking WUM 

a goat and three chickens is not a buisness

I agree that a goat and three chickens is not a business - congratulations for working that out!  

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

sorry - did you achieve four chickens ?

I am retired fom business and living on my humble pension - the fruit and veg gardens, orchard, poultry and sheep are just a hobby - if you must know.  Can you please go an troll someone else unless you have an sensible debating points?

Archived