IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

I am retired fom business and living on my humble pension - the fruit and veg gardens, orchard, poultry and sheep are just a hobby - if you must know.  Can you please go an troll someone else unless you have an sensible debating points?

Troll !!!

The irony 

:laughcont:

Never mind your care worker will be in soon :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@Bat Fastard Dude, I hate to point this out to you but you aren't garnering much support here.

Whilst I respect your opinion and am glad you choose to vocalise it, I can also see when to take a step back and walk away.

May I kindly suggest you return to the Politics forum where your more prominent opinions are voiced and debated?

Is this forum only allowed to be used by pro Johnson Out supporters now?

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I agree with most of that.  I look at what SL has achieved in business, and as a man and owner of our beloved club, every time I walk into Ashton Gate and look at the wonderful new stands and facilities.  Maybe affairs on the pitch have not been quite how he or the fans would have wished - but that is no reason to turn on the man. Questions are fine - abuse is, in my opinion, well out of order!

The problem is questions were asked a while ago and no logical explanation has been given going back a far as the diabolical transfer period in the summer before cotts left, no explication for why after he was sacked they bought in a inexperienced coach with an average at very best record other than he was young and upcoming coach(nothing has ever really suggest this other than 2months last year), although I agree with the sale of kodjia, no explanation why no proven goal scorer was brought it to replace him, no explanation why players better than the ones we've bought in were sold, no explanation for why players were bought in such as Moore and engvall and yet were near no existent, no explication for the random team selections and disappearance and reappearance in team selection regardless of form, no explanation for in for why Johnson after spending so much money, leading us to the most losses in a row and losing 5-0 to a team we beat to the league 1 title less than 2 years ago is still in a job. I think this is what has driven most fans wrongly or rightly to the abuse now being given.

Saying this as I duck for cover but I'm quite looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

If everyone on here were to be believed he has been hiding away and shirking away from questions and is oblivious to the current situation so I'm pleased now he is in Bristol he is taking the opportunity to talk to the fans ((through RB) 

2 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

The problem is questions were asked a while ago and no logical explanation has been given going back a far as the diabolical transfer period in the summer before cotts left, no explication for why after he was sacked they bought in a inexperienced coach with an average at very best record other than he was young and upcoming coach(nothing has ever really suggest this other than 2months last year), although I agree with the sale of kodjia, no explanation why no proven goal scorer was brought it to replace him, no explanation why players better than the ones we've bought in were sold, no explanation for why players were bought in such as Moore and engvall and yet were near no existent, no explication for the random team selections and disappearance and reappearance in team selection regardless of form, no explanation for in for why Johnson after spending so much money, leading us to the most losses in a row and losing 5-0 to a team we beat to the league 1 title less than 2 years ago is still in a job. I think this is what has driven most fans wrongly or rightly to the abuse now being given.

I always thought Tammy was already the replacement? 

Just now, Aipearcey said:

These are all good areas to explore in an interview.  SL cannot say too much about past staff or he will find himself in court.  Maybe he trusted LJ more than other managers/coaches and was prepared for some mistakes and miscalculations on account of his age and inexperience. I don't know the inner workings and relationships any more than others on this forum - but intelligent and successful people like SL tend to make decisions based upon knowledge, evidence and experience. In the absence of any reasonable and rational explanation from "the mob" - I am looking forward to hearing SLs interview.  I don't think he will attack and undermine LJ in the middle of a relegation struggle because that would be counter productive, so I expect that he will back LJ and review matters at the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bat, you are more than welcome to continue to get on all fours and bite the pillow. You are exactly the kind of supporter that SL wants AG populated with. Those who will be there come rain or shine, will clap politely and not question the decisions or motives of those in charge.

An increasing number of supporters of our great club aren't willing to accept failure however, and would prefer to challenge the custodians of our club and understand their motives and plan going forward to address the aforementioned failures - significant failures.

I trust Geoff Twentyman will fire straight into SL tomorrow with some uncomfortable questions and I'm looking forward to hearing how SL if going to worm out of it this time to try and keep an increasingly angry and disenfranchised fan base on side.

well said kid :clap::clap::clap:

Just now, Up The City! said:

I always thought Tammy was already the replacement? 

At that point despite scoring a couple at the time he was still relatively unknown. We were left with a 37/38 year old and 2 unknown young strikers. We took the risk and as far as Tammy is concerned it paid off but was hardly ideal 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bat, you are more than welcome to continue to get on all fours and bite the pillow. You are exactly the kind of supporter that SL wants AG populated with. Those who will be there come rain or shine, will clap politely and not question the decisions or motives of those in charge.

An increasing number of supporters of our great club aren't willing to accept failure however, and would prefer to challenge the custodians of our club and understand their motives and plan going forward to address the aforementioned failures - significant failures.

I trust Geoff Twentyman will fire straight into SL tomorrow with some uncomfortable questions and I'm looking forward to hearing how SL if going to worm out of it this time to try and keep an increasingly angry and disenfranchised fan base on side.

:clap::thumbsup:

and don't forget the Vaseline !

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Is this forum only allowed to be used by pro Johnson Out supporters now?

Not at all. Just that he's made his point and it was starting to get negative abuse from other posters.

I was trying to tentatively suggest to be the better person and walk away before it turns decidedly more ferocious.

FWIW, I'm in the Johnson Out camp but don't necessarily agree with all the SL savagery. SL had made a monumental cock up re LJ and other appointments and giving the fans in general a gobfull but he's also put his money where his mouth is and funded a lot of stuff. 

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This place is a sorry state of affairs lately. 

The vocal minority have ruined this forum. I understand frustration but abuse is unnecessary and it's rife everywhere on here. They still think they're a majority, mind. Despite their 'boycott' resulting in another 20,000 crowd tomorrow.

Do you know what is more of a worry is some of our own 'fans' turning on certain individuals on here because they might have a more reasonable view point than the few on here who seem to think that gross insults mane calling and just being a tiresome pain in the a$$ who are making things a whole lot worse. They are so stupid that cannot debate a point and when they are put in a corner they lose it, call the member Gas or some other insult that most of us left in the playground.

I was told yesterday that I should be banned because I wanted to support the club, and not tear it apart.

Sure things are not good, I know that, but I don't want to make it worse, and I certainly don't relish in it getting worse as some of you do, I really don't think you actually care one jot about the club, and you call others 'Gas', you couldn't make it up.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

The vocal minority have ruined this forum. I understand frustration but abuse is unnecessary and it's rife everywhere on here. They still think they're a majority, mind. Despite their 'boycott' resulting in another 20,000 crowd tomorrow.

You typed this as I was replying, glad to see there are others that really support the City.,

3 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Don't bother counting those actually present. You'll get nowhere near that figure. 

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Everyone has a completely understandable right to be frustrated, angry, whatever about the current situation, but some of the abuse directed towards fellow fans on here is ridiculous.

It's like a playground on here these days. 

(PS my Dad's bigger than your Dad)

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

@Bat Fastard Dude, I hate to point this out to you but you aren't garnering much support here.

Whilst I respect your opinion and am glad you choose to vocalise it, I can also see when to take a step back and walk away.

May I kindly suggest you return to the Politics forum where your more prominent opinions are voiced and debated?

Good on him, takes balls to stand up to these hard men behind a keyboard that spout sexual innuendo, and the like to try and demoralise a poster, obviously some are made of sterner stuff. They do themselves no favours, and completely lose every time they get personal. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Everyone has a completely understandable right to be frustrated, angry, whatever about the current situation, but some of the abuse directed towards fellow fans on here is ridiculous.

It's like a playground on here these days. 

(PS my Dad's bigger than your Dad)

Al last the cuckkoo's are leaving the assylum.

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You typed this as I was replying, glad to see there are others that really support the City.,

I don't claim to be a superfan or that I'm right. I just do not understand the constant abuse in all directions, it's driving people away from the forum and thus it gives off a very one-sided view. A hive mind.

43 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This place is a sorry state of affairs lately. 

You're not wrong. No need for the personal abuse and mob mentality just because people disagree with you.

I don't agree with a thing @Bat Fastard has said but iI'm not going to enrich my life (or stave off our relegation) by calling him names on the internet am I?

People are taking their justifiable frustrations with the club out on fellow City fans who basically want the same thing as they do, it's self defeating.

Message for Geoff.

Could you please put the following to SL.

QUESTION 1

Does Steve not think that the interests of Bristol City and its supporters would have been served by supporting rather than sacking a proven success, who had saved the club that was headed for the 4th division and turned it completely around with our first championship, by a mile, for 60 years?

QUESTION 2

What was the thought process behind replacing a proven success, who had won us League One title, with a manager who had a 35% win rate at the same level?

QUESTION 3

Steve, in a previous interview, when asked about Johnson's qualities, you said he was "young and asks a lot of questions". Is that the best you can come up with?

QUESTION 4

What evidence is there (examples please) of Johnson's leadership qualities and man management skills?

QUESTION 5

Is it true that each week a senior "suit" meets with Johnson to discuss the team for the next game?

QUESTION 6

When Johnson was appointed, it was said (by Mark Ashton I believe) that he was very well thought of in the game. What evidence is there of this?

QUESTION 7

Is it true that you and/or other senior individuals tried to renegotiate deals which Cotterill had agreed for Gray and Maguire after the 2015 season ended, and this led to those players not coming to Bristol City?

QUESTION 8

Steve, since becoming Chairman, you have sacked many managers, and always when they have entered relegation zones. Why not Johnson?

QUESTION 9 (following the inevitable reply)

You say you believe in Lee Johnson and think he will lead Bristol City to success. What is it about Lee Johnson, other than being young and asking a lot of questions, that makes him better than All of your previous managers? 

QUESTION 10

Steve, with the 19 signings so far, has Johnson done enough to warrant a third window?

QUESTION 11

Do you think the 19 signings have improved the starting 11? No, not the squad Steve, not the "ones for the future" out on loan, I mean the players actually out on the pitch?

QUESTION 12

Really? Steve, can you give me examples of signings who have improved that position, and name which player they have replaced.

QUESTION 13

Steve, if Cotterill had been given £15m to spend, what position do you think we would be in the league right now?

QUESTION 14

Steve, what do you say to those supporters on social media who say they have not renewed their season tickets and will not until Johnson is gone?

QUESTION 15

Irrespective of whether Bristol City stay up, do you think this has been a successful season, and will Johnson still be manager at the start of next? 

Cheers

Archived