IGNORED

£37 for a seat in Dolman?? Daylight robbery

Thatwasclose

1 hour ago, wesco said:

I went to Dortmund v Bayern Munich last year and paid €20 for the ticket €3.50 a pint and got a free programme. Flights were only £44rtn as well.

English football is getting ridiculous but at the same time we have some of the best facilities around, have the worlds best players (ok maybe not at AG) and that comes at a price.

Although £40 to watch city is excessive its not just us that has hiked up match day ticket prices, a colleague at work paid £28 to stand at Peterborough the other week and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday both seem to have crazy ticket pricing.

So all in all it cost you pretty much the same as attending a City game?

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So all in all it cost you pretty much the same as attending a City game?

There was a documentary about the many English football fans who support a German team (mostly Dortmund) as it is cheaper for them to buy a ST at their club of choice and travel to and from the west of Germany each week than to buy a ST at their local club. Mostly Arsenal and Chelsea fans from memory. 

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Even worse, imagine being charged Championship Season Ticket prices for League One football 

I believe City got the idea when they paid £2m for Gustav Engvall.

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

There was a documentary about the many English football fans who support a German team (mostly Dortmund) as it is cheaper for them to buy a ST at their club of choice and travel to and from the west of Germany each week than to buy a ST at their local club. Mostly Arsenal and Chelsea fans from memory. 

I think when you add in the experience of visiting a place like that then it makes perfect sense.

The government should have stepped in many years ago to stop things getting out of hand. 

Every stadium should be a maximum of 20 quid per game imo.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I paid a tenner at Chippenham Town last week, which I thought was quite a lot. Apparently their best player gets £350 a game!

Part time at  £350 a game is better than playing full time for a lower league / Conference team. That's approx £16k per year plus the salary from the "real" job.  

4 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Cheaper to buy a season ticket 

Works out 19.00 a game 

Fine. For those of us who don't live near Bristol, who will spend £££s just getting to AG? Who have kids and can't rock up except for occasional games?  We should just suck it up, yes?

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

blame players and TV for the price of tickets in this country, it their wages that increase the price, and the money tv pays to clubs,

Ironically, paying 50 quid a month to watch good football on TV seems like a bargain compared to paying 30-odd quid to watch that shower at AG every week. Sadly, Lansdown and co are doing a lot of damage to our long-term appeal among younger fans.

POTD ticket prices are an absolute disgrace, it's clear they want all fans to be season ticket holders where possible.  Even prices as a member are still too expensive for me.

Weird being a City fan who, due to household bills, family costs, spending money on the kids etc, can't afford to actually go to watch games on a regular basis.

The bubble will surely burst eventually.. especially with kodi and net streaming also with the Chinese and yanks getting more and more into footy.  You take a look and see what else you can do for that amount of cash .. family of four £200 approx for a day out that's including food/drink.  And watch mediocre or dreadful football 

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I was going to take some mates from work to last day of season. Sure one of them isn't from Bristol, not his team, one is, and one sort of is.

But at those prices, may as well not bother. Unsure what the pricing is for Birmingham but there's no way they would POTD that!

Lucks in m8 for Brum ... £16 a head adults / 2quid a kid.. All seats all stands.

That's the kinda prices that can be justified... (when the standard on show is decent) ..... although some matches this year even these prices would seem excessive.

Anyway a day out for U and yer mates vs Brum shouldn't break the bank... ( you'll maybe get lucky to all sit together though, think most seats available now are front few rows West Stand and generally the less good seats elsewhere.. unless take up is huge and then upper West will open and its happy days.

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/en-GB/events/bristol city v birmingham city/2017-5-7_12.00/ashton gate stadium?selMode=&noredir&hallmap

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Clearly we all have different views of 'expensive' but to include food in a thread about match ticket prices....takes the biscuit.

I think STs are the way forward if 39 quid is too much per game

You could go first class train from Temple Meads to Paddington (same 90-100 minutes of pain and be £176 worse off!!!!

'Miles' better off though .... on rail seats. imho.

52 minutes ago, Tiree said:

BC Sweden You are always welcome and i love the Swedish City flags. Bradford when we won promotion was great to see the pubs decked out in blue & Yellow, red & white! I bet you cant believe some of the dross on here when the same owner got us to the Championhip (highest place we have ever been since 1979) and now faces criticism for not doing more!

We need some points here at BS3 and it will be good to see you at Blackburn. Considering how many on OTIB have stopped going (wonder if they ever really went to away games?) it is fortunate they represent such a tiny percentage of City fans

I am really sorry to hear about the latest attack in Stockholm; Hope you and your freinds are not directly affected

A huge number have stopped going. Unless they're all wearing the same red seat camouflage. 

On 4/7/2017 at 21:22, WhistleHappy said:

Lucks in m8 for Brum ... £16 a head adults / 2quid a kid.. All seats all stands.

That's the kinda prices that can be justified... (when the standard on show is decent) ..... although some matches this year even these prices would seem excessive.

Anyway a day out for U and yer mates vs Brum shouldn't break the bank... ( you'll maybe get lucky to all sit together though, think most seats available now are front few rows West Stand and generally the less good seats elsewhere.. unless take up is huge and then upper West will open and its happy days.

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/en-GB/events/bristol city v birmingham city/2017-5-7_12.00/ashton gate stadium?selMode=&noredir&hallmap

That's great then! Happy days.

I was puzzled by those prices and assumed it must have been a typo of some kind or on limited offer but well done the club!

These prices are for people who watch the odd game, not those who attend regularly who either have a ST or membership so I think it's OK. Remember the club's plan is to be able to operate without handouts from SL, they're going to stop some time and then the club's income will be vital for paying the wage bill, transfer fees etc.. It's got to be run as a business, not a charity.

28 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

These prices are for people who watch the odd game, not those who attend regularly who either have a ST or membership so I think it's OK. Remember the club's plan is to be able to operate without handouts from SL, they're going to stop some time and then the club's income will be vital for paying the wage bill, transfer fees etc.. It's got to be run as a business, not a charity.

We spent millions on players this year in both fees and wages of our hugely inflated squad. But of course fans paying more is the answer. It is nothing short of disgraceful the way football fans are, and have let themselves, be treated. 

10 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

We spent millions on players this year in both fees and wages of our hugely inflated squad. But of course fans paying more is the answer. It is nothing short of disgraceful the way football fans are, and have let themselves, be treated. 

If not the fans, and the business, where do you expect the money to come from in the future?

Archived