IGNORED

Geoff Twentyman

SouthStand Sandwich

What i didn't like was when GT asked him,  "what about the frustrated fans and the ones who had supported for 50 years and given their hard earned money", he replied I have put more money into the club than they have, WHAT!  Also he said the supporters will still come after those have gone, so it pretty obvious he doesn't care much about what the supporters want and that this club is just as others have said on here, a plaything and probably a Tax loss.  Gone down immensely in my opinion.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Top guy, when you meet him he is so nice. Did his job to the letter today. PS I've thought for months that he thinks LJ is not the man

It'a a shame GT hasn't been able to interview LJ, I would love to hear his questions and LJ's excuses.

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

What i didn't like was when GT asked him,  "what about the frustrated fans and the ones who had supported for 50 years and given their hard earned money", he replied I have put more money into the club than they have, WHAT!  Also he said the supporters will still come after those have gone, so it pretty obvious he doesn't care much about what the supporters want and that this club is just as others have said on here, a plaything and probably a Tax loss.  Gone down immensely in my opinion.

I thought that he was a bit dismissive of the average fan, certainly a bit more millitant than in the past. He also said he'd leave if he was asked too, then straight away after said he wouldn't. Isn't whever he lives in a tax haven???

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

I thought that he was a bit dismissive of the average fan, certainly a bit more millitant than in the past. He also said he'd leave if he was asked too, then straight away after said he wouldn't. Isn't whever he lives in a tax haven???

He was certainly floundering and even stuttering when answering and seem very nervous, as he should have been.  He lives in Guernsey, which is a sort of tax haven and he certainly would pay less there than in the UK.

Seems I might be in the minority but for me SL did not come across as the rogue a lot of you are painting. Misguided?.. for sure. Stubborn?.. for sure. 

I cannot doubt his love for the club and what he wants is what we want; of that there can be no doubt. Did he come across bad? partially yes but frankly I think his eyes are wide open with headlights on full beam and he cannot necessarily get the words out right. His heart is in the right place people.

God help us with his decisions though.. I hope he wakes up tomorrow morning and sacks clueless Johnson and his useless side kick regardless of the result today, need I even say that? Of course not.

Just now, havanatopia said:

Seems I might be in the minority but for me SL did not come across as the rogue a lot of you are painting. Misguided?.. for sure. Stubborn?.. for sure. 

I cannot doubt his love for the club and what he wants is what we want; of that there can be no doubt. Did he come across bad? partially yes but frankly I think his eyes are wide open with headlights on full beam and he cannot necessarily get the words out right. His heart is in the right place people.

God help us with his decisions though.. I hope he wakes up tomorrow morning and sacks clueless Johnson and his useless side kick regardless of the result today, need I even say that? Of course not.

Totally agree. I came away from it thinking fair play to him for fronting up, and that his heart is in the right place. He stammered and struggled his way through the interview but Geoff gave him a hard time so that's to be expected. 

SL is desperate to do well and I have no doubt that he loves this club. His decision making, and his backing of completely the wrong bloke, is bordering on madness but I don't doubt his commitment. Hounding him out is definitely not the answer IMO. 

Just listened and that was shocking...

Put more money in than the fans

He knows better than us

He's listening but not really

Sounding very rattled.

Did he also say we were playing Wallsall???

I think I love GT, he did very well.

Interesting interview.

I have never been a massive SL fan; I appreciate what he has done but not a massive fan due to it all being done on debt that is then turned into shares diluting other shareholdings when the mistakes that cost the money could mainly be traced back to his time as owner.

I think this interview came across poorly to say the least and for the first time I'm not sure were going to make the progress he wants with him calling the shots and owning the club, I'm not sure anymore if were better off with or without SL.

I was interested to hear that the Board don't really have any say in matters, Pembo was replaced basically because he and LJ didn't get on and the reason that Des Taylor left was that his ideas didn't fit with the club's…

But, GT handled the interview very well  :clap:

Archived