IGNORED

Have we seen the last of Tomlin?

Super

Think that Tomlin and half the team will want out at the end of the season as they clearly aren't giving their all for the incompetent excuse of a manager. Expecting numourous agents banging on the chairmans door especially as he's now stated if we stay up Johnson stays!  Also doubt if any decent championship standard players would be even contemplating signing for city as it hardly looks like a good career move- won't get much playing time;will get publicly slated;will be in a certain relegation battle. 

1 hour ago, #roe said:

You mean like the previous home game where he tore Huddersfield apart and we won 4-0?

Tore Huddersfield apart ?

Apart from a well taken goal he was our most ineffective player on the night - gave the ball away time and time again

Rewatch the game and come back saying that he 'tore Huddesfield apart'. !!!!

49 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

Think that Tomlin and half the team will want out at the end of the season as they clearly aren't giving their all for the incompetent excuse of a manager. Expecting numourous agents banging on the chairmans door especially as he's now stated if we stay up Johnson stays!  Also doubt if any decent championship standard players would be even contemplating signing for city as it hardly looks like a good career move- won't get much playing time;will get publicly slated;will be in a certain relegation battle. 

Can you also let me know next September's winning lottery numbers?

47 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

A good man-manager, and somone who he respects, would get the best/more out of him.

Maybe. But Eddie Howe certainly didn't.  And, whilst I don't rate LJ, it is not Tomlin's role to decide who the manager should be and whether or not he is going to turn up and play for whoever is in charge. Even if he has good reasons to be  hacked off with the manager, I still think if anyone is disruptive to team cohesion, it is a good idea to move the on.

I love watching Tomlin but I think the key is to build a team who work together as a unit. I don't think we should set our team up to rely on one player but also think Tomlin struggles when he is not the central focus.

On 08/04/2017 at 18:48, Super said:

Been hugely disappointing this season we certainly never missed him today. Anyone see him being here next season.

Most sides have an 'Enigma' player and Tomlin is ours..can be unplayable,or leaving you wondering why he is even out there!..still a fitness issue IMO which is a concern.

Sadly this season has seen far more of the latter-lets hope we see some of the swaggering Tomlin with five huge games to go-regardless,big question mark to ponder at end of season..

15 hours ago, shelts said:

Should've been given the ultimatum before we signed him that he had to lose the timber.  A special talent who likes a pie and a pint!!

Surprised I havnt seen him in Wetherspoons-(the nice one on corn street,mind)-a decent burger and a pint for seven quid,should be 'on board..

I really do hope we keep Tomlin and can can get a formula that gets the best out of him next season if we can stay up; without doubt the best is in him.

Similarities with Lee Trundle; needs special man management and as a Swansea fan said to me "you need to play a team of 10 and just tell Trundle to go out and play". The problem is, one needs to have quite a team of 10 to be able to do that.

13 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Don't disagree, but given all the signs are IF we stay up we are stuck with LJ, then cannot see Tomlin wanting to stay... and that might apply to several others too...

Not sure who I'd choose between Tomlin and Johnson, been disappointed in both

On 08/04/2017 at 19:00, pongo88 said:

To me, he's a much better version of JET - world beater one week, panel beater the next week. The challenge is to get him to play well on a regular basis and find a formation that suits him. As City have bought Djucic, I assume the intention is to play 442 next season with him as a target man. If so, where does Tomlin fit in? If not, why but Djucic?  

You don't base your team formation round one player. Often the best teams do not include the best individual players in the squad.

There is good news about LT, it would appear that BS have struck a deal to offset his huge wage packet and stop the unnecessary yellow cards.

Spotted working as a doorman to the private bar in the Lansdown recently at the Bristol v Gloucester rugby.

Well done SL, LJ and BS for this bold innovative and money saving idea and the LJ was involvement in this idea was that dealing with real argumentative members of the public for 2 hours every match might curb his unnecessary yellow cards for back chatting referees.

When BS get it right boy they get it right.

IMG_6605.jpg

If it was my call he'd be out on his arse as soon as a buyer can be lined up. A great talent, a great player when in swagger, but as good as he is at his best he is just as bad when he's not on song. Too many times this year he has not been on song.

I'm amazed anyone would truly want us to build a team around such an inconsistent and unreliable player.

Hope not. I'm thinking , what sort of a percentage of fans really, really wanted him to sign for us last summer?  Pretty high wasn't it. Does that make us clueless, clowns muppets etc etc.   Perhaps best not answer that.. you get what I mean though. if you're gonna knock Ashton, Johnson and the likes for wasting money should we hold up our hands too?  

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hope not. I'm thinking , what sort of a percentage of fans really, really wanted him to sign for us last summer?  Pretty high wasn't it. Does that make us clueless, clowns muppets etc etc.   Perhaps best not answer that.. you get what I mean though. if you're gonna knock Ashton, Johnson and the likes for wasting money should we hold up our hands too?  

Adam Matthews too?

Archived