IGNORED

Have we seen the last of Tomlin?

Super

A very interesting post. He can turn a game for the better, but also sadly sometimes for the worse. 

Personally, I think we are better with him, and hope he stays.

I think there must be some issue with himself and little Lee, so to answer you question - maybe not !

i suspect the team will get a shake up, but we are desperately going to need a striker next year. 

To me, he's a much better version of JET - world beater one week, panel beater the next week. The challenge is to get him to play well on a regular basis and find a formation that suits him. As City have bought Djucic, I assume the intention is to play 442 next season with him as a target man. If so, where does Tomlin fit in? If not, why but Djucic?  

2 hours ago, Super said:

Been hugely disappointing this season we certainly never missed him today. Anyone see him being here next season.

No and his attitude is probably why he'll never achieve what a player of his ability should do. No doubt he'll go somewhere, for good money, do well for a bit before moving on again! 

If he is messing around in yhe dressing room it will be ' end of'. If he can convince the coaches he can win game V QPR or Blackburn he may get on the pitch. No-one knows at this stage but the starting and finishing 11 can be whatever; as long as A.G is bouncing again I don't care and Monday should be heaving in the Away end

CoYRs

I can honestly see a fair few of our lot moving on after this season and most of them will go on to be regular Championship players, just look at Ayling. He looked decent with us, nothing overly impressive but now he's at Leeds fighting for a spot in the Premier League.

These threads pop up far too often and almost always seem to come back to bite us in the a** as the player goes on to do well for other club. I honestly don't understand what it is about our club but we have a real talent for finding good players and moving them on right before they peak.

On 8 April 2017 at 18:48, Super said:

Been hugely disappointing this season we certainly never missed him today. Anyone see him being here next season.

I think it runs deeper than people are aware . I picked up on LJ comments post match about managing players and the private life's....was then talking to someone very well connected to club who made it known Lee has had personnel problems at home for a while, I know exact reason but that is not fair to publicise. Would maybe make sense due to lack of form and general attitude. I hope we see can revitalised LT next season 

He can be wonderful when we are going forward, but when we are defending he goes missing and has the annoying habit of losing the ball in deep midfield that seems to let the opposition set up scoring chances - he has done this more than most. On balance he is a wonderful luxury to be able to call upon - but we need more defencive quality in the team to safely accommodate him on a regular basis. He is also very expensive! Overall - he can be worth the admission money on his own! I love watching him.

Lets face it, if players such as Jacki, Lee Trundle, JET and Tomlin were the complete package, we would never have seen them at Ashton Gate.

Tomlin is a great player to watch, but when not on his day the whole team suffers. Sadly that's been too often this season.

Archived