IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

8 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

For those who are not ITK, there has been a long running feud between the two clubs since two scarf wearing City fans were kicked unconscious outside one of there stands many years ago. This includes a big ruck at an England away game, but two wrongs do not make a right though.

Lots of history!

I don't think a few 20-somethings care much for history. They'd have done what they did irrespective of what happened many years ago. 

53 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The Evening Gas are reporting that none of the injuries are believed to be life threatening so that is a positive. What annoys me are people, such as the Security Guard who informed an earlier poster in this thread, spreading rumours that someone has been killed when they do not have a clue what has happened. What sort of a scumbag does that? Almost as big a scumbag as the perpetrator(s) to be honest. Anyway, a 26 year old man has been arrested and if he has stamped on somebody's head then he is a total coward and hope he gets the book thrown at him.

My suggestion for football hooligans is to let them get on with it..........in a big cage out of everyone's way (maybe the old post office site) until there is only one lad standing at the end who gets £5 Grand or something for his efforts. See who the brave and hard guys are then!!! 

I believe that's what the Russians are proposing as a new sport. 

31 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I don't think a few 20-somethings care much for history. They'd have done what they did irrespective of what happened many years ago. 

No , but the tit for tat carries on often for years and years - think that's the (potential) 'relevance'

51 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Do we know if the injured lads were out for violence themselves or innocent folk, just passing by, like the vast, vast majority?

I think if the former then flowers/card would be really, really cringe.

It goes without saying as a club we do not condone this behaviour.    

Surely everyone in the country understands that violence and especially football related violence  (visiting supporters being half kicked to death near to the ground they are visiting, in this instance) is not condoned by the mainstream?

my thoughts exactly. Curious place for Wolves to be... Not condoning anything whatsoever, but if you pull a tiger's tail, then... Regardless, anyone stamping on someone else's head needs to seriously look at themselves. I hope the lad in hospital makes a speedy recovery. 

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

With all the hundreds of posts on this thread did anyone actually see what happened?

eg; was it two innocent wolves fans getting picked upon, or was it the aftermath of something in which the two victims were active participants?

Seriously, just asking. 

And were those who attacked them actually City fans or just drunken loons in North Street?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Completely agree, Wolves fans have a history of attacking city fans, and I have been attacked at molineaux before by thugs just walking away from the ground. Clearly we don't know what happened here, but it still leaves a very sour taste in the mouth this morning. 

Let's hope that the lad involved makes a full recovery, because true football fans no matter the rivalry will be sending their best wishes 

Some would say if you fly with the crows and all that but noone knows the facts about yesterday yet.

What were they doing up North street though as an away fan, because everyone knows that is not a good idea?

5 minutes ago, clerk said:

Can somebody confirm if the Wolves fan is going to be okay?

Maybe an update from Dolly or Julie?

I am not in work today but will try and get an update assp.

clearly it is early in the investigation so I am limited as to what details I can release but I would urge anyone who saw anything  with regards to this incident in the area between the Masonic pub and the spotted cow between 1800-1815hrs to contact police on 101 .

as soon as I can I will release more details and try to answer the questions posed on here .

46 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am not in work today but will try and get an update assp.

clearly it is early in the investigation so I am limited as to what details I can release but I would urge anyone who saw anything  with regards to this incident in the area between the Masonic pub and the spotted cow between 1800-1815hrs to contact police on 101 .

as soon as I can I will release more details and try to answer the questions posed on here .

Thank You

If only our FLO was as communicative as our Police liason. Credit to @JulieH

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Some would say if you fly with the crows and all that but noone knows the facts about yesterday yet.

What were they doing up North street though as an away fan, because everyone knows that is not a good idea?

My lad lives in North St opposite SC. He's not a footie fan (so no axe to grind). He saw a few lads giving it the big one outside the pub, didn't see the incident.

My point is ,as awful as it is and hope the guy is OK.....not the most sensible thing to do in what is "home territory" !

34 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

My lad lives in North St opposite SC. He's not a footie fan (so no axe to grind). He saw a few lads giving it the big one outside the pub, didn't see the incident.

My point is ,as awful as it is and hope the guy is OK.....not the most sensible thing to do in what is "home territory" !

Agree, exactly the point I was trying to make.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

You do have to wonder tbh. I find it hard to believe that two lads in Wolves shirts walking past The Masonic minding their own business would get the crap kicked out of them. And if it wasn't obvious from their clothing they were Wolves fans then even stranger.

Definitely not condoning anything and clearly people ending up in hospital ain't right but are these guys whiter than white? Or, as you might reasonably suspect, did they take part in the incident themselves that obviously went too far?

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You do have to wonder tbh. I find it hard to believe that two lads in Wolves shirts walking past The Masonic minding their own business would get the crap kicked out of them. And if it wasn't obvious from their clothing they weren't Wolves fans then even stranger.

Definitely not condoning anything and clearly people ending up in hospital ain't right but are these guys whiter than white? Or, as you might reasonably suspect, did they take part in the incident themselves that obviously went too far?

Impossible to say until facts are received, didn't @Monkeh report that his brother was randomly attacked by Brentford fans?

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Impossible to say until facts are received, didn't @Monkeh report that his brother was randomly attacked by Brentford fans?

Agreed although that attack seems to be mistaken identity judging by what he said himself. Idiots who thought he was someone or something he clearly wasn't. Very rare that attacks like this happen for no reason whatsoever or simply because it is obvious you are there to support the other team.

8 hours ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

The cup tie at there's in '73 was a wild day, loads going on before the game, and afterwards there was the milk crate ambush, anybody on here remember that?

Yep. Arrived on a special and loads were already in the ground chasing Wolves through the maze of gangways leading from the turnstiles.

Missed the subway bottles by a few minutes but train back was like something returning from the Somme.

As a generality, does anyone else think that with the normally sanitised away experience that allows "banter" from behind a police cordon, that some people no longer understand how to conduct themselves? Not saying this is the case in this instance but if you larged it behind a cordon and then tried to repeat the performance in front of the Masonic minus A&SP around it could end badly.

I repeat, this may not be th case in this instance.

It was directly outside the spotted cow.

It had nothing to do with the Masonic

It was not between the spotted cow and the Masonic.

Interesting that the police keep mentioning a pub which had nothing to do with the incident though....

6 minutes ago, gamon said:

Interesting that the police keep mentioning a pub which had nothing to do with the incident though....

Haha quite so. Thanks for confirming.

23 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

What was it? Can't be arsed to scroll back

On 08/04/17 at 20:07, Monkeh said:

Me too,

and if the "city" fans who did this are reading then perhaps they would like to meet me and a few mates next week, we'll put u on ur ass then stamp on ur head and see what the outcome is, 

you ******* cowards!

35 minutes ago, gamon said:

We were  in there before the game when the OB turned up , van load to get one lad off the road ! He was stood in the gutter chatting but they then spent 20 minutes or so blocking the road so they  could flex their muscles . Took one lad away, I think it was something to do with a banning order, but not impressed by the officers in the van trying to wind up the situation by waving from inside the van. It's down to attitude (on both sides maybe) they could have been sensible but jumped out their van like Rambo. There were 2 vans and a car there when we left, and all for nothing. It only turned into a thing because of the OB themselves. Perhaps they have a thing about the pub.

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Anyone think it would be a good idea to send a card from the real fans to apologise and send some well wishes?

What a load of guff - how about a nice bunch of flowers?

I'll happily stand corrected, but I fail to believe for a second that the 2 blokes on the receiving end of this were innocent, friendly chaps from Wolverhampton who were innocently strolling around BS3 looking for a local hostelry in which to sample some fine local ales in a CAMRA pub and catch up on the latest issue of "Pints West."

Nobody deserves to get their head stamped on (allegedly) but live by the sword die by the sword etc. As others have said, every club has their "idiot element" as does every town / city the length and breadth of the UK - unfortunately sometimes they meet and this is the end result.

I'll save my charitable donations and ink from my pen for people who deserve it.

Of course, if my assumptions are wrong I will quite happily retract the above.

Archived