IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

2 minutes ago, Rule The Waves said:

What a load of guff - how about a nice bunch of flowers?

I'll happily stand corrected, but I fail to believe for a second that the 2 blokes on the receiving end of this were innocent, friendly chaps from Wolverhampton who were innocently strolling around BS3 looking for a local hostelry in which to sample some fine local ales in a CAMRA pub and catch up on the latest issue of "Pints West."

Nobody deserves to get their head stamped on (allegedly) but live by the sword die by the sword etc. As others have said, every club has their "idiot element" as does every town / city the length and breadth of the UK - unfortunately sometimes they meet and this is the end result.

I'll save my charitable donations and ink from my pen for people who deserve it.

Of course, if my assumptions are wrong I will quite happily retract the above.

Pretty much my view mate. Everyone is quick to condemn the yobs on our side that did it (and rightly so), but everyone seems to think these Wolves fans are angels. More than likely they were exactly the same type of character looking for trouble.

42 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

On 08/04/17 at 20:07, Monkeh said:

Me too,

and if the "city" fans who did this are reading then perhaps they would like to meet me and a few mates next week, we'll put u on ur ass then stamp on ur head and see what the outcome is, 

you ******* cowards!

Probably written at a height of emotion and a sense of bewilderment.

26 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Pretty much my view mate. Everyone is quick to condemn the yobs on our side that did it (and rightly so), but everyone seems to think these Wolves fans are angels. More than likely they were exactly the same type of character looking for trouble.

Agree, more to it than we know currently. Wolves do have a mob also.

On 4/8/2017 at 14:05, Cotham Brow Red said:

If this is the truth then I can honestly never look at another Wolves supporter ever again and be proud to say I support Bristol City. A disgrace and if true even if there was a serious assault and nobody died then I wish nothing but the worst on the sad ***** who did this.

What a load of crap. Unless you're personally responsible then there's no need for this self-loathing.

I'm responsible for my own actions, nobody else's.

I'll never not be proud to support City, whether we're shipping five at Deepdale, dealing with the lunatic fringe that has plagued this club since the 1970s or admitting I support the same team as Justin Lee Collins.

On 4/8/2017 at 14:35, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah course all innocent..before the Russians arrived England's fans were already tearing up Marseille 

Your comments are cretinous. You're taking sides with the yobs who launched unprovoked assaults on innocent fans - the same people you purportedly despise.

I bet you fail to grasp that though.

Ive seen trouble between City and Wolves many times in the past thirty years. I can't believe the number of people jumping to conclusions with no facts available at all. Nobody deserves to have their head stamped on but at the same time we are yet to establish if these Wolves fans were indeed 'innocents' or trouble makers who found what they were looking for.

A very brief update, both wolves fans still in hospital. Hoping to be released today or tomorrow.

2 males arrested and released on bail for cctv enquiries etc.

i can confirm both arrested males are Bristol city fans. Both males in hospital are wolves fans.

i can also confirm that the Masonic pub was involved in the incident.

again if any person witnessed either the start or the end of this incident then please contact 101, the incident is believed to have started in the direct area outside the Masonic pub and concluded directly outside the spotted cow.

hopefully I have answered most queries.i am hopeful to get some details on injuries asap 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

A very brief update, both wolves fans still in hospital. Hoping to be released today or tomorrow.

i can confirm both arrested males are Bristol city fans. Both males in hospital are wolves fans.

again if any person witnessed either the start or the end of this incident then please contact 101, the incident is believed to have started in the direct area outside the Masonic pub and concluded directly outside the spotted cow.

hopefully I have answered most queries.i am hopeful to get some details on injuries asap 

They are not Bristol City "fans".

5 minutes ago, Super said:

They are not Bristol City "fans".

yes they are whether you like it or not. just because they may go to football and want to cause trouble doesn't mean they aren't fans.

everyone has a different they like to enjoy there day but that doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan!

10 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

yes they are whether you like it or not. just because they may go to football and want to cause trouble doesn't mean they aren't fans.

everyone has a different they like to enjoy there day but that doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan!

Erm real fans don't do things that jeopardise the reputation of the club and fans they support.  So no they are not fans, they are just assholes who are still allowed to buy tickets. 

14 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Get yer tin hat on.

14 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Utter nonsense.

of course they are still fans. exactly same argument people have about people who don't sing aren't real fans or people that don't go to loads of away games etc. it's all bs we all are fans of the club that have are own ideas of how the match day should go.

for the record I don't get involved in any of the trouble but don't consider myself to be above anyone that does on the leader board of top fans

31 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Erm real fans don't do things that jeopardise the reputation of the club and fans they support.  So no they are not fans, they are just assholes who are still allowed to buy tickets. 

This incident has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the reputation of the club.

You have no idea (like me) what preceded the incident and whether the Wolves fans were innocent or actively engaged.

Have we even established yet the actions of the Wolves fans? maybe they attacked the City supporters who then acted in self defence? I really hope some posters on here are not on jury service anytime soon or I fear some poor sod will be swinging from the gallows before the evidence has been read. Don't get me wrong if it was a brutal, unprovoked attack they deserve all that is coming to them but it appears nobody knows (or is telling) the full story. Innocent until proven guilty in the UK may I remind you.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Firstly , it's good to hear the two guys are recovering well and there is no lasting damage to either.

Unfortunately, this is something that happens at football, thankfully not on the scale and regularity of past years. Our club does have an element of supporters who see this as part of a day out. My concern for next season, is with potential bigger away following, whether this may become more common, especially with certain clubs?

My only question is , and I appreciate there is a police investigation ongoing, why are the two arrested classed as 'Bristol City' fans? Were they at the game, or is it because they were in the surrounding area and an incident has taken place with rival fans?

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

What do you mean "the Masonic pub was involved in the incident" ?

Want to retract that statement or elaborate?

Just asking as i'm curious how a public house is involved in an alleged assault unless it occurred within said public house.

You come on here, purportedly to share information, so clarification would be appreciated.

Uses the words "was involved in the incident" re The Masonic; then uses the words "believed to have started" outside The Masonic.

The defense would rip that plod to bits, please use hard evidence rather than wafer thin contradictions!

Not that I'd expect much more from the biggest mob in England, "the boys and girls in blue".

22 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

What do you mean "the Masonic pub was involved in the incident" ?

Want to retract that statement or elaborate?

Just asking as i'm curious how a public house is involved in an alleged assault unless it occurred within said public house.

You come on here, purportedly to share information, so clarification would be appreciated.

the incident is believed to have started in the direct area outside the Masonic pub

12 minutes ago, Super said:

the incident is believed to have started in the direct area outside the Masonic pub

Understand that but how is the pub itself involved?

If someone got a kicking outside your house, would your house be "involved"?

If the incident started in the Masonic then spilled into the street, I can understand the language used, otherwise i'm a little confused.

21 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

People need to accept that being a hooligan thug and being a football fan are not mutually exclusive. 

I understand the sentiment, but it's not true unfortunately and probably doesn't help to eradicate the problem. 

I agree plenty of hollies support the club some even have season tickets.  But counter to popular opinion these idiots seriously make it crap for other fans who don't want that kinda idiocy in their lives, I've been chased across a car park by RYF simply for having a Bristol accent, and having been bundled onto a bus by the police.  It's appalling and they are not "fans" they are hooligans violent thugs that attach themselves to the club, if they were true fans they wouldn't be hoolies.

As I have said we are reviewing and checking cctv to establish a view of what happened.

early indications from persons who have come forward indicate that the incident started in the area of the Masonic pub as stated. We don't know exactly where it started hence the appeal for anyone in that area to come forward.

i am using this form of language as at this stage we are still gathering evidence and in order to find witnesses we need to define areas that may be important so as not to miss any relevant information.

when court cases come we tend then to be in possession  of facts and therefore presented on a factual level for juries and judges to consider.

enquires are being made to establish if the two arrested males went to the game.

Just now, JulieH said:

As I have said we are reviewing and checking cctv to establish a view of what happened.

early indications from persons who have come forward indicate that the incident started in the area of the Masonic pub as stated. We don't know exactly where it started hence the appeal for anyone in that area to come forward.

i am using this form of language as at this stage we are still gathering evidence and in order to find witnesses we need to define areas that may be important so as not to miss any relevant information.

when court cases come we tend then to be in possession  of facts and therefore presented on a factual level for juries and judges to consider.

enquires are being made to establish if the two arrested males went to the game.

What exactly is "the area of the Masonic pub" ? presumably within the boundary of said boozer,otherwise was it perhaps also in the area of the used car sales forecourt next door , or even the corner of North Street and King William Street?

You have already gone public by stating that the pub was "involved"

Probably best not to use any form of language identifying "involvement" until you have the facts eh.

Just now, Loon plage said:

What exactly is "the area of the Masonic pub" ? presumably within the boundary of said boozer,otherwise was it perhaps also in the area of the used car sales forecourt next door , or even the corner of North Street and King William Street?

You have already gone public by stating that the pub was "involved"

Probably best not to use any form of language identifying "involvement" until you have the facts eh.

or you could give it a rest?

Archived