IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

Just now, Super said:

or you could give it a rest?

Or you could **** off.

Police representative spouting inconsistencies and being asked to verify a simple fact.

I see no reason to give it a rest. If Julie hadn't come onto this thread I wouldn't have had any question to ask would I.

32 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

People need to accept that being a hooligan thug and being a football fan are not mutually exclusive. 

I understand the sentiment, but it's not true unfortunately and probably doesn't help to eradicate the problem. 

The really "serious" boys rarely go to games. Football is just a frame for their toytown territorial battles that most of us have left behind at school.

We don't know if this is the case here, of course, could have been just a bit of pub aggro that got out of hand, but nevertheless that's true.

I think if you kick and stamp someone in the head, you are a xxxx however, and not someone I'd want associating in any way with my club.

Just now, Loon plage said:

Or you could **** off

Or, you could actually try and assist in catching the scum that did this so that they can be convicted.

All you seem to be doing is trying to antagonise the police. If you've got nothing to offer that might help then best stay quiet.

And it also doesn't matter what the Wolves fans were doing, if they were somehow provoking things then they are idiots, but it still doesn't excuse the response they got.

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

What exactly is "the area of the Masonic pub" ? presumably within the boundary of said boozer,otherwise was it perhaps also in the area of the used car sales forecourt next door , or even the corner of North Street and King William Street?

You have already gone public by stating that the pub was "involved"

Probably best not to use any form of language identifying "involvement" until you have the facts eh.

As I have said we know it occurred between the Masonic and the spotted cow, hence why we are asking for witnesses.

the pub is involved as it is believed to have started outside there.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Or, you could actually try and assist in catching the scum that did this so that they can be convicted.

All you seem to be doing is trying to antagonise the police. If you've got nothing to offer that might help then best stay quiet.

And it also doesn't matter what the Wolves fans were doing, if they were somehow provoking things then they are idiots, but it still doesn't excuse the response they got.

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

As I have said we know it occurred between the Masonic and the spotted cow, hence why we are asking for witnesses.

the pub is involved as it is believed to have started outside there.

Behave yourself.

Police stated a certain public house was "involved"

In reality it appears that the incident occurred on North Street between the Masonic and Spotted Cow.

How does that "involve" either public House?

That is quite a statement to make and then repeat and if simply asking the Police spokesperson to verify that as a fact is "antagonising" then this country has truly gone to rat shit.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

What do you mean "the Masonic pub was involved in the incident" ?

Want to retract that statement or elaborate?

Just asking as i'm curious how a public house is involved in an alleged assault unless it occurred within said public house.

You come on here, purportedly to share information, so clarification would be appreciated.

She does say, a sentance or two later, that it is believed the incident started outside the Masonic. So has clarified what was said

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

She does say, a sentance or two later, that it is believed the incident started outside the Masonic. So has clarified what was said

I know that. How does that make the pub "involved" though?

Not exactly positive advertising for that business is it.

8 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

If the people involved were patronising the Masonic then surely that justifies the wording? Just playing devils advocate

Understand where you're coming from, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I thought the timing and use of words pretty naff from an official source to be honest

28 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Understand where you're coming from, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I thought the timing and use of words pretty naff from an official source to be honest

Are you the Masonic's landlord or something? Why the fussiness over wording when it's pretty clear what has been said.

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Are you the Masonic's landlord or something? Why the fussiness over wording when it's pretty clear what has been said.

Nope but it is a local business and having the place named as being involved in a seriously violent incident isn't helpful is it.

Just now, slartibartfast said:

EP get it wrong AGAIN...... CITY fans hurt in street fight "

How can this rag get things wrong so often?  :grr:

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere .

Saw that when I went in Morrisons, wouldn't ever buy the rag but stopped to check. Really is pathetic.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Or you could **** off.

Police representative spouting inconsistencies and being asked to verify a simple fact.

I see no reason to give it a rest. If Julie hadn't come onto this thread I wouldn't have had any question to ask would I.

Predictable reply.

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

As I have said we are reviewing and checking cctv to establish a view of what happened.

early indications from persons who have come forward indicate that the incident started in the area of the Masonic pub as stated. We don't know exactly where it started hence the appeal for anyone in that area to come forward.

i am using this form of language as at this stage we are still gathering evidence and in order to find witnesses we need to define areas that may be important so as not to miss any relevant information.

when court cases come we tend then to be in possession  of facts and therefore presented on a factual level for juries and judges to consider.

enquires are being made to establish if the two arrested males went to the game.

Was there arrests made to the group of wolves fans that attacked that older gentleman outside ground on the road going upto the Mercedes garage? No police about to start with but soon turned up after fight. They managed to get the wolves fans but not heard anything. Could have got worse if a few people didn't try and separate it including a man and his young daughter. 

26 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I'm beginning to understand why people from the club, police whatever don't come on here to respond to anything. We constantly grumble that they don't, then when they do they are given such a hard time I bet they wish they'd never bothered.

About covers it. 

17 hours ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

What a load of crap. Unless you're personally responsible then there's no need for this self-loathing.

I'm responsible for my own actions, nobody else's.

I'll never not be proud to support City, whether we're shipping five at Deepdale, dealing with the lunatic fringe that has plagued this club since the 1970s or admitting I support the same team as Justin Lee Collins.

Who is the bearded **** Justin Lee Collins ?

7 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I know that. How does that make the pub "involved" though?

Not exactly positive advertising for that business is it.

Your comments seem to assume a very narrow definition of "involved" as if it attaches some sort of responsibility - which of course it doesn't. Your house would be involved in a crime if it was burgled, but it doesn't make it your fault, or your house's. So your comments appear to most people like an overreaction.

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

enquires are being made to establish if the two arrested males went to the game.

Previously , it was stated that the two people arrested were Bristol City fans. The Evening Post has also reported it .

This incident may have absolutely nothing to do with football. It maybe a disagreement inside a pub between a group of men that has ended up in a serious assault. 

I find it questionable, why both the police and the local press are reporting that firstly it's football related, and secondly it was by Bristol City fans, when you've stated there is no evidence to support that.

Surely it would be better to just say two males have been arrested in connection with the assault? Enquiries are continuing. But no, it's by a football ground so has to be football related. 

I

23 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Your comments seem to assume a very narrow definition of "involved" as if it attaches some sort of responsibility - which of course it doesn't. Your house would be involved in a crime if it was burgled, but it doesn't make it your fault, or your house's. So your comments appear to most people like an overreaction.

I get your point, but if your house had been burgled then the crime would occurred there. No evidence that a similar situation applies here,and all the BEP photos appear to show police activity outside another pub.

I'm therefore unsure how asking for clarification is an overreaction.

Archived