IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

56 minutes ago, NedDeadHead666 said:

of course, the Police would prefer pubs to be shut down 

Not at all; in many cases the police are quite content as they know exactly who frequents which pub and thusly know where they'll be in the event they are required to help with enquiries

• Admin
Just now, CyderInACan said:

Not at all; in many cases the police are quite content as they know exactly who frequents which pub and thusly know where they'll be in the event they are required to help with enquiries

Maybe true, but certainly not the case with certain bars around the ground in the past being closed down or having additional restrictions applied to tthem

• Admin
41 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Laughable how Chinese whispers operate. Loud mouthed opinionated people who don't know all the facts should shut up until they do.

Completely agree, but have heard from a number of people now that were in the area that evening, described seeing the guy on the floor as "motionless and covered in blood"

Guess an easy assumption to make?

Guess it is worse in this day of social media, but would hope it is also easier to quash the incorrect rumors too

51 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I live directly outside where said incident took place and have heard all sorts.

On the night I was told someone was stabbed and that it was a potential murder scene, whilst someone else told me 2 wolves fans got their head kicked on. Either way, the police dogs man allowed me through with my battered sausage and chips to go home, so happy days.

Other posters on this forum argued black and blue the road was open and in use 10 mins after the event but, as someone who lives on the spot it happened, I can confirm the road was shut until about 9PM with only the odd resident car here or there allowed through.

Laughable how Chinese whispers operate. Loud mouthed opinionated people who don't know all the facts should shut up until they do.

Battered Wolves fan, battered sausages, Chinese whispers...

All signs point towards this being the work of Enid. From Enid's Fishbar.

The clues are there. 

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

Completely agree, but have heard from a number of people now that were in the area that evening, described seeing the guy on the floor as "motionless and covered in blood"

Guess an easy assumption to make?

Guess it is worse in this day of social media, but would hope it is also easier to quash the incorrect rumors too

More than two injured I heard but that's the danger of far east whispers.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

If you say so.

I'm guessing the reply is in this incident being discussed on here there were only 2 hurt?

There were certainly "slaps" given out by both sets of supporters during the day so clearly more than 2 hurt

• Admin
41 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

@phantom you going to let us know which bars were closed down then or not? 

Not on an open forum no - as the owner doesn't want dragging into this

"they're" currently doing well with a new place and don't want that being ruined too

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not on an open forum no - as the owner doesn't want dragging into this

"they're" currently doing well with a new place and don't want that being ruined too

Places i can think of that have been closed down around AG - Ship & Castle, Wedlocks, Try Again, Luckwell Club, Full Moon, Plough & Windmill, Red Cow, Princess of Wales, Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I'm genuinely interested as I have never heard of the old bill closing down a boozer as you state. 

Anybody else - have I missed any obvious candidates? 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Places i can think of that have been closed down around AG - Ship & Castle, Wedlocks, Try Again, Luckwell Club, Full Moon, Plough & Windmill, Red Cow, Princess of Wales, Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I'm genuinely interested as I have never heard of the old bill closing down a boozer as you state. 

Anybody else - have I missed any obvious candidates? 

Is the Natch Wall still open? Since using the sports bar I take a different route to games. 

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

This makes no sense at all - probably because nowhere has been closed down as you have alluded to

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Is the Natch Wall still open? Since using the sports bar I take a different route to games. 

Can you "close" a wall? - answers on a postcard please to the usual address. 

Quote from Wolves forum

"Just to let you know. One of the two lads who was taken to hospital is one of my best mates and I had just been told he has broken his leg in three places and is having a operation today. The other guy I've been told by mates daughter who was there has a bleed on the brain."

Archived