IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Places i can think of that have been closed down around AG - Ship & Castle, Wedlocks, Try Again, Luckwell Club, Full Moon, Plough & Windmill, Red Cow, Princess of Wales, Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I'm genuinely interested as I have never heard of the old bill closing down a boozer as you state. 

Anybody else - have I missed any obvious candidates? 

yup ciac you've missed the whitening yard................

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

This makes no sense at all - probably because nowhere has been closed down as you have alluded to

Can you "close" a wall? - answers on a postcard please to the usual address. 

I'm ITK on this.  The pub in question is called The Rock.  Old Bill closed it down after a few of their lot went undercover and became top boys.  One went native though and was last seen shacked up with someone called Linda.  Not sure what happened to Bob, the landlord, but as Phantom says, he must now be running somewhere else in BS3.  Maybe Trev is involved as well?

And before you ask for my source, it's a lad I work in a factory with, packing jars of pickles into boxes.  I ******* love him.

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Quote from Wolves forum

"Just to let you know. One of the two lads who was taken to hospital is one of my best mates and I had just been told he has broken his leg in three places and is having a operation today. The other guy I've been told by mates daughter who was there has a bleed on the brain."

That doesnt fit in with the non serious injuries quote from Julie

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Julie hasn't said they were non serious from what I've read. The report from the Wolves forum is an accurate one I am led to believe. 

Ah right sorry must have read it somewhere on here.

I am able to confirm the injuries are as reported on the wolves forum. These are the 2 males that were injured and subsequently 2 Bristol based males arrested and bailed

hence why the road was closed for a number of hours, and crime scene persons present 

unfortunately the initial press release was done by our media team who were not kept fully up to date with the injuries over the weekend, for that I can only apologise. 

23 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I'm ITK on this.  The pub in question is called The Rock.  Old Bill closed it down after a few of their lot went undercover and became top boys.  One went native though and was last seen shacked up with someone called Linda.  Not sure what happened to Bob, the landlord, but as Phantom says, he must now be running somewhere else in BS3.  Maybe Trev is involved as well?

And before you ask for my source, it's a lad I work in a factory with, packing jars of pickles into boxes.  I ******* love him.

Moved up North, joined the Old Bill and became a Detective.

Dead now.

15 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am able to confirm the injuries are as reported on the wolves forum. These are the 2 males that were injured and subsequently 2 Bristol based males arrested and bailed

hence why the road was closed for a number of hours, and crime scene persons present 

unfortunately the initial press release was done by our media team who were not kept fully up to date with the injuries over the weekend, for that I can only apologise. 

No need to apologise, these things happen. 

13 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Has this been confirmed as football related? Been any news if it was unprovoked? Or if they instigated anything?

Yes it is being treated as football related. This is based on accounts given at the scene .

everything else is still being investigated at this time, very much still in the witness gathering stage. 

33 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yes it is being treated as football related. This is based on accounts given at the scene .

everything else is still being investigated at this time, very much still in the witness gathering stage. 

please just make sure justice is done

I walked past the scene on Saturday and chatted to someone who works at the Spotted Cow who said that the 2 Wolves fans were kicked repeatedly in the head and back.  The police /ambulance had said that they believed one of them had a serious neck injury.  He was fairly shocked.  It's sickening really.  Not a fight is it when one person is lying on the floor and unable to defend themselves?

• Admin
12 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

I have been reliably informed by several it is defo football related. Another bubble game next year coming if we stay up I suppose?

Very much doubt it, there has been problems between the two sets of supporters going back many seasons

Wolves also have previous http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37321305

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Isn't that hearsay; likely to prejudice an ongoing criminal investigation?

I have deleted the relevant part of your post.

It is indeed hearsay but absolutely zero chance of prejudicing a criminal investigation 

The Police will only deal with witness statements and more importantly CCTV 

I don't think they will be relying on posts on a forum 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It is indeed hearsay but absolutely zero chance of prejudicing a criminal investigation 

The Police will only deal with witness statements and more importantly CCTV 

I don't think they will be relying on posts on a forum 

Why do you think the fighting rugby fans from Bath Poly / Bristol Uni didn't receive mass criminal sentences?

It is because there wasn't this huge monkeh-type outrage on here, in the comments of the BEP, and in the minds of the judges.

To be merely associated with football violence (doing come on gestures and self-manipulator signs) can be enough to get you a custodial sentence because posts like this reinforce the "all football fans are scum" belief, which sees fans punished severely for minor infringements.  Banning orders for running onto the pitch ffs.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Why do you think the fighting rugby fans from Bath Poly / Bristol Uni didn't receive mass criminal sentences?

It is because there wasn't this huge monkeh-type outrage on here, in the comments of the BEP, and in the minds of the judges.

To be merely associated with football violence (doing come on gestures and self-manipulator signs) can be enough to get you a custodial sentence because posts like this reinforce the "all football fans are scum" belief, which sees fans punished severely for minor infringements.  Banning orders for running onto the pitch ffs.

Agree with how Football incidents are viewed treated , in a disproportional way - but after that you've lost me  

do you think a Judge is likely to be Reading OTiB posts to gauge a flavour / opinion ?

How very sad all of this is . It's only a game and a very tribal one at that. My thoughts are with the injured Wolves supporters. Not going to give my view on the y and y nots as we have no concrete facts .?The world is a crazy place ....am I shocked?

• Admin
19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

do you think a Judge is likely to be Reading OTiB posts to gauge a flavour / opinion ?

No, but others in authority will be

17 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Prejudice comes from identifying potential perpetrators and the like...

By the sounds of things has already happened

Archived